Strawberry Hill Seed Co

The Lui x G13 (F1) were made by Icmag grower/breeder Dutchgrown back around 2009 to 2012 kind of time frame from what I can tell. The seeds were sold on the old Seedbay site back then. She used the Ortega cut of Legends Ultimate Indica x with Hermetic Genetics Pacific G13.
I have 2 females that are branchy, bushy and robust and one that is tall with a very compact stature having branches that grow up and tight to the frame. She has lots of vigor as well and she seemed to be triggering to flower a week before I flipped them. She is a darker leafed plant and I am guessing she is G13 leaning and the other two are LUI leaners. The male is a big bushy plant like the 2 females. He is the strongest smelling plant I have grown in a while. Strong odors in veg and I cloned him as well , which I rarely do with males
Doing a seed increase with these plants and then in November I will be popping LUI x G13 Bx which is also Dutchgrown. Along with those Iā€™ll start the G13 IX Lot Nov09L13 and that is also Pacific G13 worked by Dutchgrown.
Fun times ahead :wink:

11 Likes

Right on, good to see you carrying on such interesting stuff

1 Like

Here a pure lui I grew a while back . IMG_0447

15 Likes

@ShiskaberrySavior thatā€™s a real nice looking plant there ^^^

So my males are dumping pollen big time so they are all isolated and I started collecting from them all.
The Lui x G13 , the 2 Scoutbreaths and one of the Long Valley Royals are just prolifically flowering. Iā€™ll try and remember to get some pics later today. The Bikers and the Fire OGKB are not giving up as much as I would like but Iā€™m guessing they will be more developed later in the week as those strains are 10 to 12 weeks of 12/12 lighting to mature in some cases.

Highlight of the day is seeing the strong development of ā€œmale partsā€ on the OGKB 2.0 clone only that I have been giving the STS treatment. She is around 21 days of 12/12 so hopefully those pods open soon and I can collect some pollen for my plans. I took a quick pic of one of the tops but the entire plant is loaded with those ā€œmale partsā€ so I am excited for what comes next. This is my first attempt at doing an STS reversal so Iā€™m pretty stoked about it.

Plan will be to cross the feminized pollen to the following
OGKB 2.0 (selfed)
Biker Kush, Long Valley Royal, Oreoz, Grape Pie, GSC, Slurricane, Darlins Net Bx1 S1, and the BC Pink Kush.
Should be some winners there eh??

19 Likes

Those all sound like winners! :thinking:

1 Like

I know right?
Once harvest time rolls around and the beans are sorted I am going to start a testers club thread. I will have a pretty big list of stuff to be tested if all goes to plan. The pollinations with the males are for sure as I am already collecting the pollen. The feminized ogkb 2.0 pollen is yet to materialize so those crosses are ā€œpending pollenā€

on the books as of today , these are the pollinations that will be taking place.
Lui x G13 #1,2,3 x Lui x G13 male

Scoutbreath #1,2,3 x Scoutbreath male A and B seperate branches .

Long Valley Royal Kush #1 thru 7 x Long Valley Royal Kush Male A and B mixed
*Select Long Valley Royal Kush x Biker Kush V1F3
*Select Long Valley Royal Kush x OGKB 2.0 reversed

OGKB 2.0 x OGKB 2.0 reversed
OGKB 2.0 x Biker Kush V1F3
OGKB 2.0 x Bitch Pudding (pollen from @lunchpale )
OGKB 2.0 x Blue Kush (pollen from @DougDawson )
OGKB 2.0 x Scoutbreath male A and B ,( separate branches)

Biker Kush V1F3 x Lui x G13 Male
Biker Kush V1F3 x OGKB 2.0 reversed
Biker Kush V1F3 x Long Valley Royal Kush
Biker Kush V1F3 x Fire OGKB f2
Biker Kush V1F3 x Blue Kush
Biker Kush V1F3 x 88G13HP

2017 Shishkaberry x Lui x G13 male
2017 Shishkaberry x Blue Kush

Oreoz x OGKB 2.0 reversed
Oreoz x Biker Kush V1F3

Chem D x Fire OGKB f2
Chem D x Biker Kush V1F3

GSC x OGKB 2.0 reversed
GSC x Biker Kush V1F3
GSC x Fire OGKB f2
GSC x Blue Kush

Slurricane x OGKB 2.0 reversed
Slurricane x Biker Kush V1f3
Slurricane x Blue Kush

Grape Pie x OGKB 2.0 reversed
Grape Pie x Biker Kush V1F3
Grape Pie x Shishkaberry 3f3 #2 male (short pheno)

Fire OGKB f2 #1,2,3 x Fire OGKB f2
Fire OGKB f2 #1,2,3 x Biker Kush V1f3

Pink Kush x OGKB 2.0 reversed
Pink Kush x Long Valley Royal Kush
Pink Kush x Biker Kush V1f3
Pink Kush x Blue Kush

Gorilla Bubble Bx2 x Biker Kush V1f3
GG4 S1 x Long Valley Royal Kush
Darlinsā€™s Net Bx1 S1 x OGKB 2.0 reversed

wew!!! that was a lot of typing LOL
but that is the plan for seed harvest 2023
Should be able to find some killer plants in those pollinations.
All Killer, No Fillerā€¦ thatā€™s what itā€™s all about here in the Strawberry Patch
:slight_smile:

31 Likes

Thatā€™s one hell of a fine looking list!

8 Likes

humm ok ya im going to need one of each PLEASE !!.

HAHAHA ā€¦

6 Likes

Chem D bikeršŸ”„

4 Likes

Biker Kush V1F3 x Long Valley Royal Kush. To start.

4 Likes

Ya I am excited about this one. I have wanted to cross these two lines in the past but wanted to do a ā€˜properā€™ pheno hunt. I think this time around the right plants for the cross have been found thru selection. The LVRK is going to add some vigor and some bulk and the two flavor profiles should marry very well together.
Most of the crosses planned for this crop will be test crosses and once grown out I can decide if I want to do a larger seed lot for release. Iā€™m keeping all the pollen I can get from the donor males and clones of every female. So far I have all 7 of the LVRK backed up with 2 of most of them and same goes for the Biker V1F3ā€¦ except plant #6 which is a bitch to root and i might pass on her. She is the smallest of the 6 biker ladies that made the final cut. The other 5 look and smell like they were cut from the same plant which is nice to see at this stage considering they are all seperate seeds.
Fun times aheadā€¦ and lots of work LOL

6 Likes

You sure youā€™re going to have time for ice fishing? :laughing:

1 Like

oh boyā€¦two things I always make sure there is always time forā€¦ deer hunting and ice fishing hehehe
Luckily I donā€™t need to drive very far and one of my favorite spots is just down the lake.
If I can get my harvest in before the runs really pick up, I might take a week in october to hit the chilliwack and chehalis rivers for some coho and chinook action in between hunting trips LOL
This is why timing my light dep harvests is so crucial because I canā€™t have the garden keeping me from my other passions :wink:

5 Likes

You really are on it - fantastic!

2 Likes

What a list! Certainly not messing around! You would never think that ā€œall killer, no filterā€ would go with ā€œthe strawberry patchā€ but it works in this case.

With this much fire getting tested, Iā€™ll be watching to see how things unfold. Shits about to get wild in here :grinning::fire::+1:

2 Likes

ya the Strawberry Patchā€¦ hehehe it is kinda misleading now isnā€™t it LOL
When I was first introduced to growing, my mentor had a heritage property in an area known as Strawberry Hill , which straddles the border of Surrey and North Delta in BC, Canada.
The area has a historical background and the early Japanese immigrants settled in the area and the Strawberry Hill Farmerā€™s Hall was established in 1909. It still stands to this day and hosts many activities and programs that celebrate the areas rich agricultural history. Logging prior to the arrival of the Japanese settlers left the area covered in massive cedar stumps. The kind of stumps it would take six men arm to arm to stand aroundā€¦ huge stumps. The Japanese harvested strawberries from the fertile ground between the stumps in the fields and is how the area got itā€™s name.

My mentor leased one of the old heritage properties with farm hand bunk houses and a cool old rancher style house. The bunk houses were just empty buildings but he had them all set up for growing. Was a cool spot.
So when I started searching for a name for my breeding adventures, I figured Strawberry Hill was a name that honored my mentor and the rich farming history of that specific area. There were a lot of growers in that area of North Delta and Surrey back in the 90ā€™s.

20 Likes

That is very cool! You tell that story so well, it really paints the picture. I used to live in that area so I can imagine the property. Sounds like a beauty spot for growing and a great heritage for your company.

6 Likes

Came home today to a package at the front doorā€¦opened it and this was insideā€¦

Pretty awesome of you, and double awesome for the Shiska seedsā€¦and triple awesome with the ScoutBreathā€¦thank you, thank you, thank you!

30 Likes

right on , good to see the box landed safe n sound :wink:
Enjoy!!!

10 Likes

THATS a sick line up! :fire: :fire:

1 Like