Strawberry Hill Seed Co

I use this product.
Though it does dissolve very quickly in water…I have noticed a small amount of very fine grains that do not.

2 Likes

the gypsum I have comes in 50 lbs bags and is called Canadian Gypsum Products , AG Gypsum … AG for Agricultural Grade.

3 Likes

Diamond K water soluble for me.

1 Like

well… bad news for me… I don’t know what the hell is going on but I got plants popping nanners that have never popped them before and it is really affecting everything I had plans for on the breeding front. I’ve been killing plants almost daily and it is killin me.
The clone onlys and a few others seem unaffected but it’s too late to do any serious breeding in this run as who knows if I have caught them all. So the tester club is gonna have to wait… till I dunno when.
frustrated and questionng everything over here. There must be a light leak I am not seeing or heat stress from the 50+ C temps last week and a few weeks ago? I don’t fuckin know but I worked so fuckin hard since christmas on this grow and I’m about ready to toss it all on the fire…
Sorry for venting… gotta do it somewhere.

17 Likes

Don’t blame ya that sucks big time. Hope you get it figured.

2 Likes

That is a crazy line up you have!
@CanuckistanPete that is a sic ass shirt!

3 Likes

Damn, that sucks bro! I’ve had plants with hidden nanners that went unseen and basically seeded a whole grow. It was very dissatisfying. Just keep and eye out man. Not all is lost. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I wonder if there has been some cross contamination with the STS?

I don’t understand how you have your grow setup but seems quite the coincidence that you have tons of manners on probably stable genetics, and nothing else seemingly unusual. But you are simultaneously experiencing wonderful results from the reversals.

Best of luck man. Sorry to hear about what’s happening but I have to point that out

1 Like

Well crap on toast. If there’s anything I can do to assist you from my end, I am at your service.

3 Likes

The breakfast of champions!

2 Likes

That sucks. I know you are so particular in your grows that you will get it figured out. Best of vibes out to you!

1 Like

There is so many reason why
a plant will pop nanners

Most of them are environmental
You mention heat and I agree
it may well be this.

I will reduce the amount of strain
started this fall just for that.
Less is often better.

No worries Keep on Trucking

will go true.

Bare

12 Likes

What a drag…hopefully you can get it figured out. I’d imagine 50 C isn’t conducive to healthy stress free growing. Good luck @SHSC-1

3 Likes

Unkind news @SHSC-1! Sorry to hear. I hate having to scap seed runs because of intersex issues. I suspect you might be right about a light leak in your dep chamber. Especially if you’ve got stuff getting weird, that has been solid in the past. Have you sat in there, while its closed up completely?

3 Likes

Almost seems it’s a primary food group.

2 Likes

appreciate the comments folks.
Ya shit happens and we just have to roll with it.
The STS reversal is happening in an isolated room and the reversal plant is in there by itself.
Can’t find any obvious light leaks and the one wall that did have a bit of light getting thru was covered in black/white poly before the grow started this year.
I’m gonna go with heat stress as I can’t see any other parameter causing the issue.
Still have a good number of plants to get me through to harvest

14 Likes

I updated the situation here in my other thread but will drop a quick note here.
Found a light leak… it’s minimal but enough I think to cast some early morning light on the first two rows of plants in the light dep shed. The high winds lately have been pretty brutal on trees and that and there is a good sized branch that came down and hit that corner , taking the molding off. That was in spring time and I guess the plywood worked itself out enough to allow a crack of light that wasn’t detectable when I dropped the black out curtain.
Anyways I’ll update here if I go ahead with any of the main crosses I wanted to do but I have started pollinating plants I know are stable. Might squeak out some tester beans afterall but I ain’t dealing with hermie plants and would rather cancel everything than work with questionable stuff. So we’ll see.

19 Likes

well the last few days have been very busy doing branch in bag pollinations.
Today I was inspecting the plants and everything looks at it should. The pistils on the pollinated branches are all receded and browned out. Sure sign of a good knocking up :wink:
It’s a big list and some of these crosses will be small seed lots so I can evaluate them and reproduce the same cross later in bulk if I like it.
So here is the list…
Lui x G13 #1, 2 and 3 x (Lui x G13 male)
Lui x G13 x (Shishkaberry 3 f3 #2)

2017 Shishkaberry x (Lui x g13 male)
2017 Shishkaberry x Blue Kush
2017 Shishkaberry x BBX (father of Coastal Blueberry)

GSC x Scoutbreath male 1
GSC x Scoutbreath male 2
GSC x Blue Kush
GSC x Long Valley Royal #1

Chem D x Scoutbreath male 2
Chem D x Long Valley Royal #1
Chem D x Fire OGKB f2

Scoutbreath #1 x Long Valley Royal #1
Scoutbreath #1,2 and 3 x Scoutbreath male 1
Scoutbreath #1,2 and 3 x Scoutbreath male 2
Scoutbreath #1 x BBX (father of Coastal Blueberry)

OGKB 2.0 x Long Valley Royal #1
OGKB 2.0 x OGKB 2.0 reversed
OGKB 2.0 x Scoutbreath male #1 and 2

P98 Bubba Kush S1 x Long Valley Royal #1
P98 Bubba Kush S1 x OGKB 2.0 reversed

Pink Kush x Blue Kush
Pink Kush x Long Valley Royal #1
Pink Kush x OGKB 2.0 reversed

Oreoz x Scoutbreath male 2
Oreoz x OGKB 2.0 reversed

Fire OGKB f2 x Long Valley Royal #1

Grape Pie x Shishkaberry 3f3 #2
Grape Pie x OGKB 2.0 reversed
Grape Pie x Long Valley Royal #1

I still have to knock up some Long Valley Royal Kush branches and have picked 3 out of the 5 that really check the boxes for me. I think all 5 are going to be really good based on what I know from the line and what I am seeking from past grows I didn’t clone.
#3, 4 and 7 really stand out to me. I might only hit the #4 and I will knock her up with ogkb 2.0 reversed pollen.
I am going to do a seed increase on these 5 females and use both males from the run. Male#1 is the strong smelling frosty male and #2 was also a very nice plant for smells and was a prolific yielder as it flowered. So I think I have the based covered for what I want from the line going forward. Those who have not experienced the Long Valley Royal due to the very high cost of the seeds back whe they were availlable , will get a chance to experience the incredible flavor and aroma profiles that go along with a wonderful and often “very potent” carpet ride high.
I was waiting for the right time to revisit these seeds and I am glad I waited until now because everything is working out great and I have some solid clone only’s that will pair very well with that frosty long valley royal male.
fun times ahead :wink:

23 Likes

hahaha that list looks like my old buddy CANDYMAN breed list were always a mile long, awesome.

very cool …

4 Likes

Hell yea @SHSC-1 ! Glad to see you are making the best out of this season, even with the light leak.

Looking forward to some of those long valley royal crosses!

4 Likes