Strawberry Hill Seed Co

I’m trying to push on through. :wink:
Yes I am very excited for the Long Valley Royal crosses. Three of the 5 females I have just reek and the smell is real hard to describe. It’s like a strong floral rocket fuel with just a hint of tropical fruit or berry… hard to put the finger on it but it is the same as the keeper I found a couple years back so I know what I am in for when they come down. I am going to hit each one of the 5 females with both long valley males but probably not in this run. I have clones backed up of all of them so can do more breeding work later. That frosty male long valley royal may just end up being a star in my breeding program… at least i am hoping for that anyways. I collected quite a few pollen packs from both of the males , one was stinky and frosty and the other very heavy yielding. Both carried the smells I am seeking which match the 3 females that I am favoring. I did however pull that frosty male , trimmed him up a bit and plucked any ripening pods and I have him under 24 hour light on the reveg. It looks like it’s working too :wink:

19 Likes

That is quite an impressive list. Amazing sounding crosses and a whole lotta work. Will be fun to watch.

3 Likes

HOLLY SHIT YOU GOT SO MUCH AMAZBALLS GOING ON GROWMIE IT’S INTIMIDATING IN THE BEST WAY!!! :blush:

Love reading the background story @SHSC-1 !

That was a fun catch-up! :hugs:

8 Likes

Coastal Blueberry…love this plant!

25 Likes

That’s a nice plant. Good frigging job buddy!

2 Likes

Thanks @crownpoodle …good friggin’ genetics!

1 Like

You got that right. I’ve been twitchy thinking about starting a few Supercollider Kush I have.

1 Like

Beautiful blueberry tree you have there! How’s she smelling? Can’t wait to hear how it smokes :grinning:

3 Likes

wow that’s a nice bush there @CanuckistanPete, thanx for posting!! , she’s gonna really fill out nice :wink:
Have had a few reports now of earthy hashy berry type phenos and a few have reported full on lip smacking blueberry. Most have commented on her potency as well.
Hopefully a few more growers will drop into this thread and post some comments on thier experiences so far.
I’m gonna dive into those seeds over winter and see if I can’t do some tweaking to the line and perhaps some outcrosses.

9 Likes

One can only hope…but if its pure blueberry, then that’s just fine as well!

6 Likes

What is your approximate latitude @CanuckistanPete ?
You are a little bit ahead of me as far as flowering goes.

2 Likes

I’m 44.389 N

2 Likes

Found a very nice looking male in your Coastal Blueberry @SHSC-1 . Dark purple, fat leaves and tight clusters . Forgot to get a stem rub but next time I’m up at the male patch I’ll give it a rub and report back :call_me_hand:

29 Likes

ahhh you are in that sweet spot of Canuckistan that is below the 49. Now I understand how you got that plant so big and healthy in the ground. :wink:
I really love were I live but growing good quality herb outside here requires work and daily attention. Light dep is pretty much the only way as plants that do finish here naturally are just no up to par. That said I am hoping to start crossing some of my favorite clone onlys with Friesland in an effort to acclimate some plants to my short season… so many plants… so little time LOL

10 Likes

Gorgeous male @greenbeans506 , thanx for sharing.
I am curious about how he smells for sure hehehe :wink:

7 Likes

You do a hell of a job for a guy who was ice fishing a month ago! :wink:

3 Likes

HAHA ya we almost ice fished into may this year LOL
Last season we had a really nice warm september which helped my plants out a lot.
Hoping for the same this year but everything is a toss up with mother nature.

right now I am actually sitting with a coffee , about to roll a joint while I am planning the garden all the way to next june’s outdoor line up. Gotta plan way ahead but I think it will be all auto’s next year so I can hook up a watering system and be able to go away for a few days at a time or a week if I need/want to.

8 Likes

All autos? Hmmm. Planning on releasing any autos?

1 Like

I agree fantastic looking dude

1 Like

nope… I am not getting into the auto breeding scene. If I let any males live it will be to make crosses for future grows but not planning to get into breeding them for release. Enough people are doing that already :wink:
I do plan to release some feminized work but I can be counted on to release mostly regular lines so growers can have the chance to find a nice male and make seeds of thier own.
Now with these autos I will grow next year is a couple packs of Afterthought Autos Azure Rocket and I might try and reverse one so I can have a sack of azure rocket feminized beans for future grows, That stuff was super tasty and potent and flavors and such were very stable across the line.
I don’t have a vast auto collection and most if not all have been gifts from other growers/breeders.
I have the following to choose from
Afterthought Autos
Crave , Azure Rocket, Gas n Guns, 20 Guage(semi auto), Shishkacrit (shishka came from me)

Gorilla Ganja -
Auto #1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Twenty 20 genetics - Durban Sunrise S1

Wifi Gary
King Gelato, Royal Crack , New York City Diesel x mystery girl fems, Carmelicious x mystery girl fems

BMRtreefarmer
Bog Lifesaver x Double grape

GCBudz
Double grape

I think that’s it. Might have to pop them all LOL

11 Likes