Strawberry Hill Seed Co

I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see them all grown out.

1 Like

ya you never know what I might do hehehe
Over winter I will need to devise a large reservoir system and feeding lines so the garden can water itself. Being tied to the light dep is a tough gig and my body is really complaining this year… LOL
Also going to pop friesland and a couple fast BC coastal strains like Rene x BC Skunk and Viper. Need to turn my focus to acclimatizing some strains to my season. I think it can be done and creating an “elite” line that will thrive here might be possible crossing some keepers to the fast triggering Friesland or the other strains mentioned
We will see. I am already working on next seasons line up on paper ,as well as the fall winter seed pops… mapping things out right to June next year LOL
I have a compulsive disorder when it comes to the garden :rofl:

14 Likes

I gave away some of those BOG Lifesaver x Double Grape crosses to the locals and they were pleasantly surprised. I’ve just put a few in the rotation myself!

5 Likes

Can you point me to where the line starts for the Biker Kush crosses please? Thank you!

1 Like

Well… i halted the breeding plans with the Biker until I can go through some more plants. I had 3 out of 6 females pop nanners in the lowers at week 3… but I also discovered a light leak and since patching it there has been no issues. I kept 3 bikers alive and they will get to finish without any trouble by the looks of it. One, the #3 is pleasing me and it’s clones will be kept and the #2 and #5 which are the other two females , those clones will be culled.
If #3 finishes the way I feel she will, I might make some experimental crosses we will see. I need to pop more seed over winter and hunt out more females to compare. The Bikers are at F3 from original F1 packs and there is very little variation in this line at this point. Other than subtle differences in smell and perhaps frostiness… they could very well be clones of the same plant. This is why finding nanners halted all breeding with the line until I can rule the light leak as the problem and not some recessive hermie gene I have brought to the surface in my selections going to F3. My friends and I have grown out over a 100 of these seeds now and this is the first occurence of nanners in the plants so… light leak?

Anyhow… I wanted to make more of the Pink Hog which is Pink Kush x Biker V1F3 and I could with the male pollens I stored in the freezer but I think I will make some fems by reversing the Pink Kush clone onto a keeper biker… ya… that mght just be killer eh?

13 Likes

That would be killer. Thanks for the update. It’s nice to see how you do your work.

2 Likes

Shame it’s on hold. Ya do such a thorough job! I’ll wait in line. No worries.

1 Like

Coastal Blueberry…love this plant!

34 Likes

That’s spectacular @CanuckistanPete ! Things on beast mode. Very nice work.

5 Likes

Literally two of my top 5 of all time combined…… ummm yes pleeeeaaaaasssseee

2 Likes

Weekly update…did I mention I love this Coastal Blueberry? And of all my backyard plants, this one is a beast against septoria and PM.

28 Likes

amazing !!!
@CanuckistanPete , she looks awesome man!
Nice to see one blown up big. Hope she finishes strong for you :wink:
I also appreciate the posts and messages :wink:
The Coastal Blueberry seems to have gone over very well with the people who have grown those beans so far.

Harvest started a few days ago for me so I have been crazy swamped and short for internet time. I took a couple small buds of a Long Valley Royal Kush that were just dry enough to smoke in a joint. So that was my first toke of the day and smoked about half of the pinner I rolled. Great flavor even uncured and it was probably a mistake toking that for breakfast… I’m fuggen stoned LOL

10 Likes

Sounds like a good one. Can’t wait for this thing to be ripe…but am also going to miss growing her. Pretty happy with every plant I grew this year so far…and almost all were gifts from generous people like you!

4 Likes

My Coastal Blueberry
Because of when I put her out and also where she’s growing, she will never be as big as @CanuckistanPete 's, but I am very impressed, almost proud of her for pressing on in a place where plants come to die.

I will let her go as long as possible and I can see how the colours may develop really nicely as the temperatures drop in Croptober.

Not to go on, but as mentioned above, she has really been a joy to grow and deals with outdoor conditions quite well. Inside the greenhouse, I know that she would be covered in thrips and spider mites, but being directly outside takes the prime conditions away from those pests and her leaves are left pristine. I am very excited about this plant.

Hopefully she makes it…

28 Likes

Awesome @cannaloop

4 Likes

Well that settles it. Coastal blueberry definitely going on next year’s wishlist. Nicely done @CanuckistanPete

8 Likes

31 Likes

Coastal Blueberry, still chuggin’ along in late October :smiley:

32 Likes

I have some where’s my sour DMT going.
Where’s my bike x sour dmt (sour dub x dmt).
Coastal made them a few years ago after I sent him a stash of seeds

5 Likes

That sounds awesome! I’d grow that, but I’ll grow almost anything.

4 Likes