Strawberry Hill Seed Co

Hope you heal quick, I feel for you.

3 Likes

Feel better brother. Iā€™m gonna send you some tungsten boot spikes next simms care package I get. My word, they always send 4 packs every year. Those will keep you on your feet I absolutely promise :wink:

You need those @Mithridate wolverine like healing powers !

10 Likes

Wish granted :sparkles:

6 Likes

Some coastal bb about to go in the jar for a cure. Smells of bb syrup.

34 Likes

Hey@

You should entertain the print on demand service eventually. You never need to hold Any product/ storage space. You literally choose your design - a few - and you can make your website with a merchandise section. The customer can view all.styles.of available clothing - hats , shirts, hoodies , range of sizes - with the proposed logo on it . And until they select what they want and pay - only then is it printed and sent directly to the customer ! So none of the inbetweeen stuff required or even the time to mail stuff outā€¦ goes directly from print on demand provider to the customer. You keep the margins you choose !

Any other way - you would be a while before recouping costs for all the equipment. . This way you are protected for any loss of fund#. You donā€™t have to invest anything other than the logo creation !

The stickers and labels. Thatā€™s something you. Would have to do in a bulk purchaseā€¦
Along with your own little smelly proof Baggys or whatever packing you come up with. Doesnā€™t cost much to make it look professional! Iā€™m sure you can find a provider to do the baggys with logos .maybe even Alibaba. Also the little small plastic snap cap vials

5 Likes

I donā€™t want to outsource to china.which is where all this print on demand stuff is shipping from.
I have a lot of research to do. An ex of mineā€¦ mine younger sonā€™s mom, she prints designs on clothing. Her and my son gave me a cool fishing themed hoodie for christmas. I thought she outsource printed it but she did it at home with equipment she hasā€¦ something called a Cricket? I dunno but I am gonna be down there in a few days so will stop in and see her set up. I used to make T-shirts and hoodies for people in my 20ā€™s with silk screen and designs on acetate.as well as hand painted designs on the backs of jean jackets and things. I did it for fun though so rarely took in more than the cost to do the artwork.
But these daysā€¦ sticker , label and t-shirt printing for the canna community would be cool. I know others are doing it too and doing okay. So many places refuse canna related artwork though so I want to cater to that artwork not refuse it
anyhowā€¦ more day dreaming is required hehehe
Just got back from a successful morningā€™s ice fishing to a local lake and got my 5 fish limit of kokanee. Time to kick back, stuff some seed packs and roll a big bat. :smiley:

15 Likes

I hope you feel better today. My older brother (73) fell a week ago and he is still all stoved up. Soaking in a hot bath always helps me get rid of the pain.

2 Likes

Nice. My family moved away from Spokane when I was 3. I remember my dad talking about going ice fishing for Kokanee with his work buddies from Mobil Oil. Coeur dā€™Alene maybe? Theyā€™d brine, smoke, then freeze. Assembly line style. Boy my pops could get ca good brine.
My whole life, but the last couple years. Chunk of smoked fish, cheese, red onion, pepperoncini, crackers.
Damn!

2 Likes

I often canoe the Kootenay River from HWY 93 almost in Kootenay National Park to Canal Flats. One of my favorite stretches of riverā€¦ we nicknamed it the weekend Nahanni because its so beautiful. Anyways the Kokanee often do their run in September when we are on itā€¦ I bet they are tasty little fish when they are not rotting zombies. If you ever come this way bring me a fish haha.

Heres a couple of my friends running Pedly Rapid in front of the falls. Trust me that hole that they are hitting looks WAY smaller in pics compared to when your running it. I used to guide on this river when I was younger and that hole has taken many clients for a swimā€¦

22 Likes

They are not the best machines, they do work, but they have limitations.
There are way better vinyl cutting machines out there. For more $$$ of courseā€¦
You also have to prepare to hit your head with a hammer a few times during the learning curve.

If you donā€™t have a PC you are going to need one. Also, if you want decent software to make and edit images etc, your going to have to shell out some money for that too.

You will also need a heat press to apply the heat transfer vinyl to the shirt etc. A bit of learning / trial and error there as well.

Then you gotta find a place that gives good deals on shirts/hoodies etc, pay for shipping.

Depending on the stickers you want to make you will probably need a good printer capable of printing decent stickers. A regular printer isnā€™t going to make good quality stickers.

It all takes time too. Especially if your just learning.

Depending on how much you are going to sell, could take a while to make your money back before you make profit off the equipment.

Also, not to mention, this shirt making/sticker making market is over floodedā€¦ everyone is doing it these days so it might take a while before you make a few bucks.

Like @Calix said you would probably be better off just outsourcing it and save yourself alot of bullshit unless this is something you truly have your heart set on doing.

Not trying to discourage you at all, just saying the bit of info I have on this subject.

11 Likes

I didnā€™t know that ! makes sense !!

wasnt sure if you were familiar with the option of print on demand :wink:

I know thatā€™s just one part of what your post mentioned. It all seems totally feasible - seeds stickers everything canna you mentioned and I would definitely rock one of your shirts or hoodies

You know what???

The purple GLG shirt you gave me 2 Xmas ago is my FAVOURITE shirt.
so thereā€™s that bro@@@

and I only wear black and white @@! So I always throw everyone for a loop wearing that shirt. I fucking love it.

10 Likes

Iā€™ve made stickers with colored sticker paper and a copy machine at a copy shop. They even have huge cutting machines to cut them to size for you. You can do color if you want. I was always happy with black and color paper. You donā€™t need to reinvent the wheel or buy a bunch of gear to get a decent product on the cheap. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

$10 a month for Adobe PS isnā€™t badā€¦ but I use that shit like crazy so I can justify it I guess.

3 Likes

Adobe is one thingā€¦ just like many others.
But I donā€™t think Adobe can communicate with cutting machines. I may be wrong.
I know it wonā€™t work with my machines.
So you need another program to send/communicate with your cutting machine.
Some you can get free, but you are limited with your abilities.

1 Like

Yeah that Iā€™m not sure I just meant for design. Itā€™s pretty easy to use and what not but Iā€™m also biased been using the shit since highschool lol

I wouldnā€™t mind honestly figuring out a nice machine/printer to work with though to create stickers and what not. Are you actually making/printing the stickers youā€™re sending out?

3 Likes

Every decal I have ever sent out to people on OG I have made myself.
I mainly send out marijuana leaf decals these days.
I use my cheap ass printer/scanner from walmart to scan the leaf. Turn it into a .svg file then use my cutting machine to cut the vinyl.
Havenā€™t made any new ones in awhile but I am planning on making more in the near future. I just scanned some leafs from my previous grow.
Gonna have to blow the dust off the machine an fire it up again.

7 Likes

Now those would be some sick ass stickers to send out with packsā€¦ an actual leaf image/sticker sent out with a pack of beans from the plant it came from.

Dudeā€¦ thatā€™s pretty legit. I didnā€™t know you were doing it like that. Verry nice. I might PM you for some details maybe itā€™s time I buy a nice printer and print my own shit.

4 Likes

FREE Yā€™ALL!!

6 Likes

Germinated three of oreoz x OGKB 2.0 testers from my last order. Good vigour so far.

This is the standout so far. It germinated and was a little slow for a couple of days, enough I thought it might have damped off. Then took off like a rocket. It has that leathery deep chunk texture to the leaves as well as being rounder when compared to the other two plants. Not to mention the leaf growing from the leaf.

This is one of the other two and they are almost identical.

23 Likes

nice!!! those look great so far @Kyumonryu
Gonna flip mine any day now, just having issues with a wire between my fan and controllerā€¦ might need to operate on it with some wire splicing LOL

So I have wrapped up the 2nd flash saleā€¦ anyone late to the party can hit me up tonight but otherwise that is gonna be it for the sale for now.
@Pigeonman , yours is enroute and Iā€™ll message you after supper.
all the other Canadian orders have been sent out and I am preparing the other orders so they are ready to go.

All other folks expecting beans from me from the various giveaways and auction highest bidder wins have all been sent out of the last few weeks. Let me know when you see them folks. Iā€™m double checking my lists of OGā€™s to send stuff to so I donā€™t miss anyone :wink:

16 Likes