Strawberry Hill Seed Co

Absolutely! Thing was we didn’t have the inflators in the front and rear of the canoes as we were loaded with gear!

I have 2 boats now, a lightweight aluminum Radsion canoe that cost me 100$ and a lot of time, and a dinghy which was free but I still need to make waterworthy. The latter is this summers project where I get to learn / teach myself how to fiberglass! :rofl:

The radison was 35lb until I built oak seats, a motor support and kite rig.

Yes I ride this thing on lake ontario using wind power and yes people stare.

3 Likes

When I lived down on the coast, river fishing was my thing so I can totally relate to your post @TopShelfTrees1 . Opportunities surrounded me as a kid with most of the creeks and sloughs near my house held cutthroat trout year round and salmon in season. When i got my driver’s license I was a fishing addict, plus I had a really good job that paid me well so i could afford trips north for steelhead in the bulkley valley and chilcotin. I moved to sardis in the 90’s so I could be 10 minutes from the chilliwack river and I grew weed and fished… and fished and grew weed!!! haha
My grandparents lived up here at Sheridan Lake , as did my aunt and her family. I would come up fishing with one of my uncles starting in about the early 90’s and that;s how I got into ice fishing up here and fly fishing from the boat or float tube. Been at it ever since.
I got into the tackle industry with one of BC’s long standing shops and started doing fly tying courses, on the water steelhead courses, bought a 22ft hewes and ran charters for a few years over in Nootka Sound. Stopped doing that a couple or so years ago… just too hard on the body. That is also why I don’t river fish as much as I used to. I went for coho on the chilliwack this fall and had a blast. The problem was I kept falling down , my ability to walk on uneven ground with the waders and boots has become problematic and falling down is not something I should be doing… at all. But I try and will go again… just have to be careful and make sure I’m fishing with a buddy or somewhere with other people around or good cell service. LOL
Ice fishin gives me exercise, walking and draggin my sled of gear but I am a gear slut so my sled is often heavier than I should be dragging LOL I elevated it off the ground with a cut down set of downhill skiis and some aluminum square tube. Keeps the sled bottom a good 6 inches off the snow/ice and it rides on the skiis real nice. Probably reduces the effort I have to exert by 30% anyways. other days I take my atv if the ice is good but that adds so much time, loading and unloading… so I usually just walk and get my exercise in the fresh air. Love it!!

9 Likes

well…
gotta spend some time here getting my server fund/sponsor auction ready… hoping to get that live on the site here very soon.
No fishin today, got some runnin around to do.

regarding the last seed sale.
only one of the US orders has arrived here so far but will check again tomorrow. Still waiting to hear from the rest of the Canadians that should be getting thier seeds any day now. Mail has been incredibly slow the past few weeks. I guess it is weather related.

8 Likes

A gear slut. Good. Some years back my life changed. Gave my boat to my ex son-in-law. He gave it to his brother in-law. I sold the gear. Every piece. I think I had about 75 of those 9"x12" Plano clear boxes.
Finance dictates many things. I do not regret or question my actions.

3 Likes

when I put growing on hold in 2005 I gave away so much grow gear…probably over 20 grand worth of lights and fans and controllers , pots, flow tables… but fishing gear? I give custom rods away here n there and flies I tie.
I have 5 boats, an 11ft Livingston, a 12ft Harbercraft, a 14ft Springbok, a 19.5ft Four Winds Freedom and a 22ft hewes profisher LOL The hewes and harbercraft are up for sale though :rofl:
Gear though… I worked sportfishing retail when I returned to the job force after my injury in97. Worked the counter for a few years and got lots of stuff at cost or at the standard 30% off plus contest wins for highest sales netted me several high end reels and things. Then I left that outfit and took a purchasing/sales and marketting manager job with a larger outfit and it seemed every other week I was bringing home free shit from all the suppliers and anything I wanted was at cost. When I left the tackle industry I took stock of all my stuff and sold off near half of the gear, fly tying stuff… gear bags and such… but I kept all my rods and reels and have terminal tackle for any kind of fishing here , probably enough to last till I’m dead LOL swivels, hooks, beads,… I could go on for hours listing it all.
so ya, gear collector… seed collector… boat collector hahaha

16 Likes

I have multiple rigged sets for every species I fish, from crappie to shark and everything in between. My kids used the cartoon rods as babies and I still collect those, I have at least 15. I only have 2 boats a 228 wellcraft cuddy and a 14 ft john. I have had as many as 6 or 7.

4 Likes

Knew a guy took kiddie poles yellowtail fishing out of SD. Kiddie poles, 20# class yellows, and alcohol. Pretty funny stuff.

2 Likes

The famous Pocket Fisherman

17 Likes

Ronco rocks, I have a rotisserie by them.

8 Likes

popeil pocket fisherman… too cool.
now that is a real collector’s item right there hehe

6 Likes

When my brother’s pal pulled one out on a So Cal cattle boat, a deckhand threw it overboard. When they 1st came out guys were doing crazy stuff with them…
Imagine Spiderwire on one.

Can I get a list of your beans ! I have fibro-myalgia so I like indica for pain and sleep ! But I like saliva to get up and get things done ! Thanks for your time looking forward to hearing from you !

1 Like

@SHSC-1 this is painful. Out of everything I had going before surgery, the only fatalities are my Precious OG. I hadn’t started them all, but am bummed. Sorry. Crap. I need to see where I am, they might need to wait before I start them. Check my calendar.
All things considered I’m pretty lucky. The 3 DMT Dream females from @SmokinJoeMGF are showing some different expressions. They shared some neglect, but are bouncing back. When they repot, they’ll go off.
My timing might be wonky for an indoor run. Still got Coastal Blueberry and Shishkaberry on my potential outdoor plants list. I need to look close at my other choices from you.

4 Likes

Really sorry to hear that buddy well if there’s anything I can do to help you just ask ! Be well and get back on the bike asap hahaha ! I just got my growers license up here in Ontario, Canada. So I will be doing something I hope will be exciting outdoors this year it’s been a couple of years off so really looking forward to shake the rust off . You have yourself a great day talk to you soon !

1 Like

Also known as touching your junk through a hole in your front pocket. :wink:

I own 3x Ronco Rotisseries :rofl:

One from my parents, and two from friends acquired at Value Village so I can make them food when they visit for movie nights :poultry_leg:

Those are both solid on my 2024. Sparking them in april :wink:

3 Likes

Just set it and forget it :meat_on_bone:

2 Likes

Oh bro I’m SOOOOOOOOOOO DOWN! So down @THCeed hit me up anytime.

1 Like

Still have a couple myself, got the rocket ones too! Nice

Hey if anyone comes across an old fishing kreel (woven basket they would carry trout in way back) I’ve been looking for one for almost a decade now. Or any old fly reels/rods keep me in mind. I have a stupid fishing collection. (Like dumb the $ I’ve spent :man_facepalming:t2:) But I’m hoping to complete it or at least get the pieces I’ve sought. Gloomis primarily , but I love Hardy too, Loop and Sage are my new go tos.

3 Likes

hey Thetravler , I don’t really have a list to share at the moment. Everything new is in testing and everything currently availlable is listed with descriptions, at @Great_lakes_Genetics and at growingupganja.com though great lakes has my full list.

Direct sales have been a bust for me in that it is taking way too long for the whole process and that is not fair to customers. The mail right now is atrociously slow and stuff I mailed out over a moth ago is just arriving and in many cases I still have not heard if what I am sending out is arriving. So going forward I don’t think I will be doing direct sales anymore. Maybe one day if I get a method of payment other than cash in the mail but for now, it is what it is.
I have also had quite a few people ask for my details so they can mail in an order… and then they disappear. That is a HUGE security red flag for me. My safe addy isn’t tied to me and very very few people know my true identity but still… No more direct sales as a result of slow mail, cash only payment and mystery people asking for my details… oh well.

I’ll be honest, I am struggling with the decision on remaining a sponsor going forward. Not because I don’t want to support OG , but because I may take a little break from breeding publicly and I am not sure I am up for the packaging and mailing and the stress of waiting to see if all the mailouts arrive. I was hoping all the packs I have sent out in the past month and a bit would have all arrived by now as my sponsor status is fast approaching it’s year end and if I decide to lay low for a few months, this thread could disappear or be locked.
anyways, jsut want everyone to have a heads up as to where things are at and if you are expecting beans from me from a OG contest, giveaway or sales and you still don’t have them… message me please.

My “brother” from etobicoke ontario is flying out thursday and my actual brother is driving up tomorrow… we are gonna go ice fishin, smoke copious amounts of weed , and discuss my issues. I will have a better idea where my head is at after the weekend LOL

man, don’t sweat it at all… I know all too well about losing stuff. It can’t be helped sometimes. I’m happy to send you more of those if you ever desire them :wink:

12 Likes

I really do appreciate you writing back ! Reading between the lines say your going threw alot just with your self and sometimes that the worst person to have a problem with . I have ptsd from being stabbed a couple years back that’s when the fibro-myalgia came to a head and all my medical problems started so I can really relate to what your saying . We again thank you for reaching out to get back to me I really appreciate the work you and guys in your field do for people like me , I really hope you able to get thing proper so you can enjoy life without so many stresses Always looking forward to talk .Now you know were to find me all ways willing to talk and being new to this game always looking for true wisdom thanks again for your time @Thetravler cheers !

7 Likes