Strawberry Hill Seed Co

right on, another adventure begins :wink:

Here in the greenhouse the plants are starting to really bust out. Iā€™ll try and get some pics and post them shortly. Definately some different expressions in the bunch , which I am pleased to see as it means there is no bottle necking in this line. Iā€™d still say 5 of the 11 females carry distinct squashed ripe blueberry stem rubs and all share similar, large frames and well developed branching/node spacing. Only real difference in the large framed plants is some have more inner nodes/foilage. I kinda like the more open framed ones with less inner nodes for my climate. I have not done any defoliation yet except for the first original 4 fan leaves a few weeks back after transplant. Some height differences too and there are 2 plants that are outliers in the bunch, one being short branched column with slightly different leaves than the rest and a tall sort of column type plant but the lowest branches have shot up and are themselves branching. The stems on those two lower stems are near as thich as the main. The other branches on the plant are shorter and have lots of nodes but not branching like those other two lowersā€¦ Iā€™ll get pics but first I have to move the plants around as they are starting to crowd each other
hereā€™s the last pic I took from the greenhouse door 2 days ago but Iā€™ll get a bunch of pics shortly :wink:

27 Likes

I hope you got your sticks and ties handy. It appears youā€™ll need 'em. Nice problem.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think I will be flowering everything seen in the picture. Everything on the left row is the 11 Coastal Blueberry plants , on the right up front there are 2 rows of autos that are doing thier thing. Harvest target end of august i guess? I dunno LOL
All the other plants are mothers getting nice and fat and healthy for mass cloning and then probably kill them as most are 9 to 11 week flowering and they wonā€™t finish. That and my hunting trips start in October for deer then by the 20th I will be gone until I get a moose or the hunt closes on the 15th of novemberā€¦ whichever comes first.
So my harvest needs to be done and hanging before I go moose huntingā€¦not sure how this is gonna go yet but none of those clone mothers will survive to finish here so may as well clone em and kill em. Iā€™m just hoping these Coastal Blueberries start flowering soon hehe, evey week matters at this point.

14 Likes

Plan on picking up some of the Royal Grape Pie and probably another pack maybe the Chem D x Scoutbreath or Ogkb 2.0 bx2. Got some good looking crosses in there hopefully I can swing at least a pack this week in payday. Cheer brotha.

4 Likes

Not bad first one out of the coco coin.

EDIT- looks like the GSC2.0 is an aggressive starter.

6 Likes

was going out to take pics yesterday and dropped my phone ā€¦ it bounced off the deck and hit the concrete base for the clothes line. Was more dramatic than it sounds LOL the phone is DOA.
Finally found the charger to my little cameraā€¦ was in my hunting bag of all places. Last time it was charged was probably last fall.
Will try to take some pics today when it cools down a bit or maybe tomorrow morning. It;s hot and humid here and smokey big time. Not sure whats going on but thereā€™s a fire not far off from all the lightning the other day.

13 Likes

Looks like we are going to have 2 for 2, I will transplant these on Saturday if not earlier.

3 Likes

I was able to pick up the last pack of the BC PINK x LVRK. will these do good outdoors? I will assume yes because of the Royal Kush.

5 Likes

Really depends on the climate you have. LVRK is known for hardiness and a bit quicker flowering time. Iā€™ve only ran the pink here by light dep and not full season.
I might top them to bush them out to get more manageable size colas instead of going with a single larger main.

5 Likes

New England weather, I am planning on building a green house eventually, to keep plants dryer. This is my first year putting anything outdoors, I donā€™t expect much as they arenā€™t cultivars for outdoors. Just for shits and giggles, I have been spraying them with dr Zymes and some labs.

6 Likes

I get beat up outside a lot of years @J.Chemz . Itā€™s not PM, Iā€™ve been told Botrytis, but I donā€™t know. Spooge is my general word for all the molds I get in the yard.
Found a spot on my Strawberry OGEE a couple days ago. The battle begins.

6 Likes

raising the surface PH of your stems will reduce the ability for mold spores to survive on the surface. Back in 2016 when i did my first full season outdoor grow at this latitude, my greenhouse was so humid inside it was crazy. That coupled with the massive flucutaton in day/night temps , I didā€™t get any powdery mildew but Fusarium was my main nemesis. The high ph sprays using baking soda to make a spray in the PH 8 range , sprayed on the stems, held it at bay and then using Serenade (has a new name now i think) , sprayed the infected spots on the stems directly, the plants were able to recover with minimal losses. Was a major struggle that season and the reason why when i bought this place, I set my greenhouse up, atttached to the shed building, so I could do light dep instead. This season is just about seeing how those Coastal Blueberry plants will perform at my latitude in my basic greenhouse without light dep. Gonna be interesting.
Sorry I promised pics the other day and got majorly sidetracked with a phone call and an invite on a Salmon/Halibut/Ling Cod fishing trip. Soā€¦ Iā€™m taking a short vacation for a few days of serious fishing out of Winter Harbor in Quatsino Sound on the west coast of Vancouver Island ā€¦ I wasnā€™t going to go because I certainly canā€™t afford the trip but itā€™s all expenses paid , written off thru my friends company so what the hell. Iā€™ll take lots of pics :wink:
Speaking of picsā€¦ Iā€™ll be back with some garden shots in a bit here.

16 Likes

Thatā€™s a nice trifecta. Salmon, halibut, and lingcod.

1 Like

I am sooooo fucking jealous!

Have a great time!

7 Likes

14 Likes

They clean your stores out yet @SHSC-1 ?

Enjoy, I am also jealous!

2 Likes

no LOL there is never a stampede of sales when it comes to my work but whatever, I donā€™t get too hung up on it. Some days I guess but I would say interest in general has been growing and when I put stuff out thereI know it will be hit and miss as far as what interests growers at the time. In general, over the years of releasing my work, I have received nothing but good feedback from those who do grow my seeds. No complaints in private, no complaints on the forums, only happy growers. Not sure which is more rewarding to me, the gain from selling a pack of seeds or seeing a happy grower harvesting the fruits of those seedsā€¦ they both are rewarding. I do this because I love the plant and am always searching for flavor and potency combinations and also crosses that combine plants that I find help me with my disabilities. I donā€™t really follow trends, I find plants I like that check my boxes and I do my thing. When I release stuff, itā€™s generally going to be lines I really enjoy and feel combine well together or lines that are not widely grown but need to be preserved, crossed and sharedā€¦ like the OGKB 2.0 and the Long Valley Royal.
Anyways, I got greenhouse work to do , pics to takeā€¦ a big fat doobie of Pink x OGKB 2.0 to consume with a fresh coffeeā€¦
see yaā€™all in a bit :wink:

23 Likes

Iā€™ll stand behind SHSCs workā€¦grown several of his creations and they rate between very good and fucking dynamite!

Hereā€™s his Black Scratch currently going in my backyardā€¦about 7 feet tall and easily as wide!

28 Likes

wow @CanuckistanPete ā€¦ I didnā€™t know you were growing the Black Scratch ā€¦ awesome!!
She sure is a bush eh? Hope she finishes great for you. :wink:
So jealous of that climate you have over there but good to see OG growers making the best of it. I would need to build a bigger greenhouse to grow them like that

9 Likes