Stretch Mutation?

Anyone experience a plant that seems to be stuck stretching well into week 7. Both plants shown are supposed to be Thai Auto according to the breeder. Same strain, same breeder, same nutrient and water regimen. The crazy plant is in a 3gl. Smart, the other in a 2gl. Smart pot…… any thoughts ?

20 Likes

I wasn’t expecting what I saw when I got to the second picture :laughing:

Right away, the first look like it’s leaning strongly to the whatever they used to breed the auto gene in, while the second just might have mostly thai heritage, making it much longer flowering and stretch could last a while

12 Likes

Wow.
I’d be super pumped for the second one!

6 Likes

Wow. Very different indeed.

6 Likes

I don’t want to think about a 16+ week autoflower. :joy::skull:

5 Likes

@Mithridate that’s my exact thought when I scrolled down. Sometimes all the stars line up. Your plants are beautiful. I do not grow auto’s but I would definitely grow something like that. Great work.

6 Likes

That is pretty unreal! Thanks for sharing the photo. I have zero advice for you but it is really cool. all you can do now is buckle up for the ride till she is done

2 Likes

Second one might’ve needed a photo type light schedule for flower.

That second plant is screaming 100% sativa vibes. Looks like you hit the genetic lottery… unfortunately the payout will take 12-15 weeks :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::bear:
It’s absolutely beautiful though… good candidate to try a clone even though it’s flowering

4 Likes

@Upstate does this look like Thai genetics coming through, or does it remind you of anything?

1 Like

I’ve heard Oaxaca may have some old Thai genetics mixed in, and now I see something Thai for comparison that makes me think it’s possible. IMO, the first photo is the mistake. The second is the auto Thai pheno intended. Both should look like the second plant. The first photo is a pheno of whatever Autoflower was used on the Thai. Looking good! How many weeks listed for flower time?

3 Likes

When we play with the DNA
Who knows what will come our way

2 Likes

I REALLY WANNA KNOW WHERE YOU GOT THESE SEEDS FOR THAT SECOND PLANT!!!

:exploding_head:

No advice other than this sung to the tune of “Finding Dory’s” swimming song:

:notes: JUST KEEP ON GROWING! :notes:

2 Likes

Wood STS at least a branch.

1 Like

I can imagine the frustration when it comes to trim time

2 Likes

What light cycle are they on?

Thanks for all the encouragement… 7 weeks into what is supposed to be a 9-11 week Auto Flower flowering time I would still expect to see better Bud building. I’m already beginning to see a bit a fade starting… Time will tell

7 Likes

My crazy plant… still building only a couple calyx’s wide and just keeps stacking these tiny little buds… Sad, but I gotta let her finish so I can see what happens in the end.

8 Likes

Only just noticed the side lighting, thats is nifty.

What light cycle do you have them on?

Started at 18/6, I usually run autos there… the stretch was getting crazy, added side lighting, kept stretching changed to 20/4, kept stretching, changed to 24/0 still stretching…… back to 18/6 to save energy… it’s slowing down cause it’s starting to finish… it has a way to go as far as ripening tho.

3 Likes