Stuck in TRIM PRISON? Show Us Your Tools for Combat

5 pairs or shitty scissors and a trim bin

5 Likes

He has more pics of the machine and some of the trim work he did when he first got it in his “Happy Place” thread. He starts posting about the trimmer here, and if you scroll down several posts, you’ll see some of his results. He even posted some trichome shots from the machine-trimmed buds here

8 Likes

@Purple-N-Hairy yep, i saw those. thank you for directing me to the the post though.

4 Likes

When I get back from vacation I’ll have a quarter to half pound to trim I’ll post lots of pics and vids

5 Likes

Fiskars and a cardboard box with parchment paper on the bottom and a screen over the parchment paper. Ngl I do a pretty mediocre trim job :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

How are those crank operated bowl trimmers? They do a passable job?

3 Likes

Glass gallon jars.

3 Likes

I bought the vivosun bowl trimmer. It was worth the $ already but we will see how long it lasts. The handle is aluminum and bends easily… but it bends back too lol :slight_smile: This jar was dry trimmed with the vivosun, no hand trimming after. I pull fan leaves and shuck the buds off the stem but thats it. Hand trimming after the bowl can get you primo looking bud too.

16 Likes

Dear my, Purple you came in perfect I just got a gig and it’s my first time. Lot’s of Skizzors brands goin around. You gave me like teacher vibes when they get all the homework to grade and watch TV.

Quick question I have a book prb should read it but! stage 1 trimming to stage 2 trimming how do you differentiate whats worth the conc pile and non. Other then that i’ll post more future. You the man

3 Likes

Haha…I’m glad this thread is helping someone!

Stage one: you remove all the fan leaves, of course, then you trim off all the plant material that lacks a dense grouping of trichomes.

Stage two: trim the remaining trichome covered plant material as close to the bud as reasonably possible. You can go back to the freshly trimmed bud in the first post of this thread to see how close I trim.

BTW - it doesn’t appear that English is your first language. If you are not able to fully understand my reply, just tell me your native language and I will work out a translation for you.

4 Likes

Thank you my man. Gotta make sure too since it’s not my plant don’t want to waste of any of it too. Good guide dood thanks for the tips!

3 Likes

For those asking about the Bowl Trimmer, but have never seen one - here’s a YT video that shows a quick example of the process. It also briefly shows the results…

11 Likes

LOL sad but funny picturing someone
Up all night geeked out trimming already trimmed and packaged bud

1. List item

swim?
Jk

addiction is no joke and I hope anyone suffering gets the strength overcome it

Calix

1 Like

Some times I cheat .

14 Likes

That thing looks like you should be shoveling coal into it on an antiquated steamship :rofl:

12 Likes

She will trim a whole room in a couple hours .

6 Likes

lol…“sometimes”? If I had an $8600 to $9500 trimmer sitting around, I would never NOT “cheat”. Can you show us the before and after results, @ShiskaberrySavior ?

6 Likes

I had a short video but can’t seem to locate it right now . Does a nice job I prefer the dry trim drum vs the wet one . You do end up with more shake but nice thing the tiny shit you’d normally toss in the trim bin can now be included in the bud bag.

2 Likes

Not the greatest picture, I’ll post a close up of a trimmed bud using the machine once I get back home.
Here’s another machine I have access to if I only knew how to use it . Lol

17 Likes

Looking at 3-4 days of hard time myself. Lol
Love the new ac infinity trimmers. If it only had the non-stick coating the friskars have.

3 Likes