Subcool Strawberry Diesel x Space Dude F2 and Friends Grow

oh man, i wouldn’t say that with enough confidence to cull based on! maybe wait for someone who knows better to weigh in hahaha!

2 Likes

Don’t worry I’m culling because of numbers. 8-10 have to die, today. So it’s gonna be primarily based on smell, structure, and wether or not I have more beans.

1 Like

Sometimes I get excited and forget about my plant count. Gotta get back in compliance lest I be hogtied.

2 Likes

phew. that felt like a lot of pressure for a minute there. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Haha don’t worry I wouldn’t do ya like that.

This is not easy though…yikes. some promising plants are dying any way I slice it.

One of these sad days I’ll learn my lesson.

I think I gotta blow up this f2 and friends grow again :sob:.

It feels like the lowest priority and easiest to replicate…

1 Like

always hard to say goodbye to plants, but i heard Chimera say that Dave the Skunk Man said he loves killing plants, thats how you get to the best ones. so theres that. just gotta be stone cold about it i guess, strike hard, no mercy.

4 Likes

I definitely agree with that. I have no use for unimpressive plants.

I’m down to one GM, one BL, and two F1 clones; the one in flower and another that just rooted. That’ll be it for awhile until I get some other projects wrapped up.

On the plus side, I made some viable, healthy, stinky, nice plants here. I’ll call that a success. We still get to watch the clone finish and maybe one of the crosses is fem. They are both big, fat stalked, stinky plants. Neither showing squat.

7 Likes

Last call, if you’ve been following along and aren’t on the list now’s the time. If you don’t meet criteria send me a message here or PM. I am the only judge you know :wink:.

5 Likes

Going once…

1 Like

I’m, thankfully, on the list! Appreciate it my friend. :pray:
@Eagles009

2 Likes

My favorite kind of post. Then and now.

8 days ago

5 days ago

Today

Couple more weeks and she’s gonna be rocking :grin:

25 Likes

Great job cuz! Them gals are looking downright saucy lol Beautiful indeed, grow on cuz!

6 Likes

Ty ty!

That we shall!

Aw, baby seeds! These will be some fem :fire:. Short and stocky vs tall and lanky. Sweet and fruity vs dank and funky. Everybody colorful and frosty. Can’t miss :wink:.

14 Likes

So nice!!!

2 Likes

Sorry to resurrect this one, but I’ve learned something new today. Apparently, although “genetic drift” is not actually a possibility with clones that’s simply a matter of nomenclature. Genetic drift is specifically the process whereby phenotypes in a species disappear, for what appears to be no reason, or with no natural selection that science can pinpoint a reason for, through sexual reproduction. When clones “drift,” it’s through asexual reproduction and thus has a different name - Muller’s ratchet. That being said, it still ends up, from a TLDR standpoint, that you have a plant which isn’t exactly like the original you started cloning. Sorry about the initial misinformation, I’m still learning myself. :slight_smile:

For anyone who’s been closely following my journey here, this also explains how I ended up growing Blueberry seeds that produced nothing even remotely close to the Blueberry sold by DJ Short - apparently the seeds I got were from a Blueberry female that had been cloned for a decade straight. :open_mouth: As Muller postulated, the “irreversible deleterious mutations” did indeed stack up at a remarkable rate, and so I ended up with plants that smelled like nothing and produced nothing but larf bud with a 10% cannabinoid profile.

As for how we still have seedless grapes millenia later, no freaking idea, I’m probably more confused than I started. Sometimes real science makes even less sense than bro science… then again, if you asked me whether or not teleportation through pond scum were possible, a priori my answer would be no. That answer would be wrong, the real answer is that we just don’t entirely know how yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Fascinating read, thanks for posting this @Cormoran!

3 Likes

Kept mother 4 years in 90’s, many clones became crosses.

3 Likes

Actually keeping a mother is a different story, as far as I can tell. In that case, each clone is only once removed from the original genetics and you’re not getting the “ratchet” effect of mutations stacking up. Dunno, it’s possible I’m just misunderstanding it. What happened in my situation was that a friend of a friend took a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone, etc down the line for 10 years. He never kept a mother plant. It didn’t work nearly as well as keeping a mother plant apparently does. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks for the interesting info! I won’t be keeping anything around long enough to matter I don’t think. But it’s good to know.

I was just contemplating killing my pink starburst pheno off, not the big one in flower but the little one that just rooted. I’ve got all those f2s. And some crosses and I’ll get to taste some sensi soon. I think that plants served it’s purpose in my closet.

5 Likes

Interesting read on Muller’s Ratchet… Thanks for posting that. :+1:

Is that applicable to a clone? :thinking:
I can see this being very applicable when selfing a plant… That also backs up BOG saying S1’s aren’t good breeding material.

Cheers
G

2 Likes