Sun Valley Garden of Grew Some Things

Mine get the cankerworms I think they are called. Those white moths. I would have a much harder time killing caterpillers cuz I really love the butterflies.

2 Likes

I also have those shitty white moths … I shake the plant cages at least 3 times a day to get them off

3 Likes

Caterpillars you say? Into a book I’m reading states if you cut out butterfly’s :butterfly:Shapes from plastic and attach to your plants that it signals to other moths and butterflies that this space is taken and they move on, not sure how reliable it might be but it might be fun to experiment with.

9 Likes

I have no problem decorating my garden with butterflies even if It doesn’t work

8 Likes

My guess would be colored plastics that are the same color of target pest such as , white , grey , tans, and browns .

3 Likes

Wonder if that matters? Do insects see in color? Hmmm…

4 Likes

We had a huge discussion on discord about this once and came up with a lot of interesting info on it

https://www.hunker.com/12526739/colors-that-repel-insects

5 Likes

If I ever have to be in S. Africa, I think I’ll be stopping by… :smile: :couch:

That smell of early flower… when the veg-smell is still strong so they’re about 50/50… has got to be real nice right now. :herb: :relieved: :sunflower:

:thumbsup:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Interesting!! Think I’ll give it a shot :sunglasses:

1 Like

Very interesting thanks Toasty… so I guess I should try adding some Gardenia to my area next season? :thinking:

2 Likes

Pull in man… bring some trimming scissors too hahahahaha :joy:

4 Likes

Yeah not a bad idea for general aesthetics too hehehe

1 Like

Wow, everything looks incredible. What’s the purpose of the cloth over some of the greenhouse plants?

2 Likes

Wow, those plants are looking amazing, soooo wonderful! Welcome and thank you for being here with us! :heart:

2 Likes

1stly for privacy/disguise and 2ndly trying it out to see if it makes a difference in Terp preservation. It’s a 40% agri shade net that they use for veg crops like tomato, cucumber , peppers etc.

6 Likes

Cool, the plants seem to like it.

1 Like

Got a batch of popcorn sprouting , should be ready in the next day or so

15 Likes

When is the best time to give these sprouted teas to your plants?

4 Likes

Popcorn sprouts are loaded with cytokinin which promotes cell division in the plants roots and shoots showing to increase the yields of crops. It’s also induces a plants resistance to pathogens like pm etc. So generally good 1st and 3rd week of flower (well how I do it) . Coconut water is also a good source of Cytokinin but pretty expensive. You’ll want your auxin exchange tapered off into the 1st week of flower and start promoting flower development by increasing cytokinins.

As a general sprout feed I use barley throughout (rich in amino acids) and alfalfa sprout teas only in veg. A good source of natural auxin can be gotten from willow extract (fermented willow juice) and is a great feed for vegetative stage of your plants growth cycle

19 Likes

So you sprout them, grind them up and mix with water and pour into the soil? Or foliar?

2 Likes