Sun Valley Garden of Grew Some Things

Xmas came early there for you!

5 Likes

Yeah will do… gonna run them outside which hopefully will keep them straight lol

5 Likes

Wooot! Time to get those beans cooking! Nice looking line up!

Does the Wed Cake x Gelato x Dosido have a weird growing pattern? I have the one growing downstairs and it’s coming on now. I was going to ask you if it should be topped or let it grow her structure? Maybe too late to top…probably not though. It looks like it wants to get big maybe. I have 9 foot ceilings in the new space but I’m still working on it daily when I can.

I also wondered a good time to flip her. I wanted these to veg better than the last group of plants I put outside. The never got a chance to grow big before the flowering started.

PPC is getting the chop today, or I may put her back outside today. We’re gonna have a few upper 70’s days so I may put two plants back outside. Still gonna have frost nights a couple more days. My PPC got seeded late by a male I planted late from seed in the yard to to see how it performed. It’s from another cross I made. Man. it jumped up like a boss and got beautiful male flowers, and I forgot about it.Then one day we had 30-45 mph winds and I remembered… I chopped it immediately, but it pollinated all the plants late. Gonna have lots of crazy crosses to check one day. I’m taking a break from males for a while until I can get a better handle on how to co-exist around females. peace

3 Likes

Plastic covers came off the beds today. Gave them a light sprinkle of Leonardite (Potasium Humate) then watered it in. Gave the beds a good 3/4 soak before watering in some Trichoderma and adding the mulch. The mulch layer is collected from a friend who has a rabbit farm. It’s a mostly straw, Lucerne (alfalfa) and bits rabbit poop… pretty good shit.

Also got a new pheno hunt batch going to another farm to be grown out … two well capable ladies who used to run a medicinal plant center grew out a number of seeds they had gotten from a friend of mine which in turn came from me. I met them at the end of last season and got to see the dried flower they had grown… it was really well grown and looked after. So they are getting a clean run as unfortunately they didn’t know what was what last year as far as labeling strains hehehe … but these old girls got some magic garden

Today’s work

17 Likes

Coming together nicely for the season man. Super bonus that the beans came at the almost perfect time

1 Like

Yeah bro it’s a pretty decent addition to the season.
As for the Wedding Cake x Gelato x Dosidos is that a few herms were reported … it was also tested by another grower who had no issues … so we’ll see innit ? :sunglasses:

6 Likes

@Sunvalley dam man you got a lot of interesting strains happening ! I have to ask did you pollinate your whole room in those pics above has to be at least 10 strains or more ?
That space cake has some interesting leaf structure to her scrolling threw your pics she definitely stands out from the crowd.

Good luck finishing up and everyone hates trim jail but sifting and sorting seeds is just about as bad maybe worst.
Either job is rewarding in the end should end up with some fantastic results…

6 Likes

Yeah those were all hit with the bingo male … should be some fire in those lot … don’t really mind the seed collecting as much as trim jail but yeah it’s time consuming sorting the beans.
That Space Cake remix is ok … decided to retire it for this seed run and move on. Have better moms of other stuff at the moment so yeah she’s not gonna be around no more. Will still run the seeds off her though cos there will be something in them for sure that will be way better than the mom … just a matter of searching lol

9 Likes

Thanks, I remember that now. I’ll keep an eye open but it’s for personal smoke so it won’t upset me depending on when they show. I just pluck them off.

Do you know if that should be topped… probably not, huh? I never grew any of the three… Mine is (Wedding Cake x Gelato) x Dosido.

3 Likes

Not sure how it reacts to topping… never grown any of the 3 either… it’s my 1st experience with Wedding Cake /Gelato stuff… I’ll prolly top mine though

3 Likes

I would say it depends on what you are doing with the rest of what you are growing
this is her so if you have shorter strains or taller strains take it into consideration
I would top once because of how I grow - for beanz - but for production maybe twice
but as she is herm prone don’t mess with/stress her too much

too bad she’s herm prone because she is top shelf cup winning level
the tester said he would grow her again even with herms

19 Likes

Yeah sound advice there … looking fwd to growing it out … those pics look fire :fire: :fire::fire::fire:

5 Likes

Thanks, those are beautiful buds. My leaves look exactly like yours. My soil might have been a little hot because the leaves were curling up on the serrated edges a bit. It’s picking up steam though. peace

4 Likes

Some early goodness from the garden

Seedlings for the other farm all coming up

New Baked Beanz gear should be cracking and showing face in a couple days

Line up includes

Dosidos f3, Platinum Valley x TK x Choc D, Wedding Cake x Gelato x Dosidos, Platinum Valley x Dosidos, Spitting Cobra x Dosidos, The Cube x Dosidos, GG4 x Zkittlez x Purple Poison Cookies and Purple Poison Cookies f2

16 Likes

Got to get these seedlings over to the other farm this weekend … all looking good though the Stardawg f2 x Hashplant D germ rate hasn’t been great. Will give them until Saturday morning and if the rest aren’t up I’ll put a few more down for them and they can hopefully germ over on the other spot

Shiva Cookies 3 jam packed with seeds.

GG4bx2 full of beans … an insanely sticky plant and great gassy pepper chem nose…

20 Likes

Nice, how’s the germ rate on those new testers from Sam? Also when you harvest seeded buds do you still air cure them?

1 Like

Germ rates good so far… put them down Saturday morning and they looking cool. Generally don’t have issues germinating the Baked Beanz stuff.
I generally just hang them up on the porch or in the greenhouse. I don’t usually use the bud the seeds come from because I neem most of the way through. If any mildew shows up I’ll hit them with some milk and molasses but have been letting lowers with mildew just be as the seeds will inherit a more resistant front to pathogens like pm… so yea my seed runs are just for seed … I chuck all the rest to the worms and compost

12 Likes

Sweet, thanks. Wasn’t planning on smoking any just wasn’t 100% sure if you needed to cure them too. The buckeye purple plants are a week or 2 from being done.

2 Likes

I’ve got a bunch of heavily seeded buds late. I kept 6 plants during the freeze just to let the seeds finish developing. I was stoked to get a lot of bud that wasn’t seeded. but a late mishap settled that. I may have some interesting stuff but screwed my smoke plans up.

I had 2 GG4 x Sour Bubble and it was the same thing, bad ass thick sticky buds. Amazing bud vigor.

5 Likes

Yeah i bet that GG4 x SB must have been some good bud. I have 2 pheno of the GG4Bx2, a more Gorilla Bubble pheno and more Glue leaner. That G.Bubble pheno is a beast man… A new pair of scissors for every bud haha

7 Likes