Sun Valley Garden of Grew Some Things

yeah I’m jealous !!!

3 Likes

THIS is your seed run??? Holy shit man!!! I see lots of field trip in there. I will get around to trying mine out someday…so many strains, so little space lol

2 Likes

. Yeah it’s a pretty cool little initiative… hope it sticks around !!

yeah little chuck for a few hints lol…
That Field Trip is really good man… you should defs pop them if you have … I found some serious fire in there …

4 Likes

I will for sure, but not for awhile, my next 2 rounds are already called for, next one is PaintedFire’s gear, then Pedro_Bans gear, then I’ll probably do a Bohdi run

5 Likes

Sounds good man … have some stuff from Pedro too I want to crack in a couple months

6 Likes

Getting the dried girls stripped down and de-seeded … time to start sorting the beans out

Roadkill Blueberry x Bingo

21 Likes

Now that definately looks like a job for somebody else.

10 Likes

Yeah man it’s not fun… generally just put on a podcast playlist and zone out

8 Likes

Looks like you need one of those pharmacy pill counting trays

7 Likes

He’s gonna need a bigger tray

5 Likes

Iv seen a couple homemade jobs that utilize gravity on a slope with mild air stream that separates them out pretty damn quickly! Maybe utilize water ? Dump in water scape off the floaters drain then dry real quick?

6 Likes

Yeah bro thinking of a home made seed sorter … think I have an idea of what I’ll do. I’ll try get it done this weekend and put up some pics… But yeah sloped surface and gravity I reckon is the way

10 Likes

curious - look what I’m doing right now

not perfect - final clean when I pack 'em up

19 Likes

Strongly recommended. After seeing several videos of DIY seed sorters on YouTube, I designed and built a simple fan-powered version for myself, and it saves me a ton of work now.

17 Likes

Can you link to that video of how to build that sorter? Kind of interested in how it works tbh blows the light dud seeds away n heavy ones fall? Be my guess but anyway I’d love a link :kissing_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

Can’t find the videos I watched before at the moment, but this one is basically the same thing:

Sounds like you got the right idea. Air from the fan blows the lighter material up the ramp and allows the heavier mature seeds to fall into a separate chamber.

11 Likes

Have you actually tested that with bud seeds? I funnily watched the same video on a quick google and it works for sunflower seeds but are bud seeds as heavy as those? @Sunvalley I doubt you mind me clogging your shit but sorry if ya do bro :rofl:

4 Likes

That is specifically how I cleaned these up:

Once I had dried the buds until they were frangible, I crushed them up and poured them in the top, and pulled out a drawer of mostly cleaned seeds after about a minute.

Works great, you just have to adjust your air pressure to get the results you want. In my case, my fan was too strong, so I put in spacers to make a gap that allowed some of excess air to bleed off before entering. Might be hard to see clearly, but here’s a pic.

10 Likes

One can also make holes with a slide cover to adjust for blowing or sucking kinda like that on smokers to adjust the draw rate of smoke .

6 Likes

Ok sick!!! Defs gonna try this out… thanks for the pics @Howard.Crane … looks like a crafty weekend :facepunch::facepunch:

10 Likes