Supporting OGers

Supporting OGers instead of seed banks. You guys are really something else
I’ve been sitting back watching how things work. It’s amazing.
In in for the long haul (Lord willing), and now envision someday being able to contribute in the seeds and cuts department.
Right now I don’t have anything to bring to the table. We went legit last year, and prior to that it’s always been half hearted with other life responsibilities and such with outdoor grows, stress, etc.
So now it’s time to get up to par with so many amazing things going on and try to make up for lost time.
It may be later this year before I can have anything that might be of value for others.
I’m thinking about doing a bunch of male work this summer. Saved 3 sowah male cuts so far, along with my best couple sannies jacks from this summer.
It was getting really exciting this summer until the Sannies males turned out duds. The plan was to get a bunch of seeds to share here - as I learned others were looking for this strain as well.

So the lead up is to hopefully plant a seed in some members mind what I plan to do in hopes there will be opportunities come up. Historically I’ve never been very proactive with networking or putting myself out there, yet with a couple of my hobbies I try to break my ways and have seen benefits from being a bit more social.
Even though I’m self employed (beekeeper), I don’t find as much time to hang out as I’d like especially spring through summer.
Which leads me to the next situation/scenario…
So many awesome stains from great breeders are put up in giveaways on here.
Are some of these available to purchase from OGers?
I’m great on supporting here, but contests aren’t really my thing.
Having said all this, I want to close by sharing what I’m looking for - albeit not narrowed down very well.

1. A good cut of KaliMist…
    Or…something similar where reports of helping gut/digestive issues. I’ve had gut rot my whole life. Calming down the stomach, anxiety, etc…
  2. Want to keep at least one or so haze going constantly for hunting,. But…like to keep them around 12/13 weeks max.
  3. I just ran a couple autos with my Dad’s CBD, and I’d like to keep a couple in Dad’s CBD tent. I put a gg4 auto from Herbie’s in there and very impressed.
    So I want to make auto seeds now!! Like to find some OGers who have some nice Auto strains to work with.
  4. I’d like to have one or two “Elite” cuts to see what I could be missing while I hunt keepers.

Great opportunity here to work with the males collecting pollen on the farm since I got enough distance from the females.
Hopefully things will look much different here this year for the better and can get more involved here.
Cheers OGers, Thank you all for being so generous and having such a unique place here.

30 Likes

The only members here who can sell seeds will have a profile tag that says “OG Sponsor”, otherwise sales aren’t allowed other than the occasional selling off of vault seeds for personal financial necessities since we’ve all overshot our budget before at the seed bank :stuck_out_tongue:

I think that until you get your male pollen collected or seeds made, your best bet would be to barter your existing farm goods- honey, beeswax, Royal jelly, propolis are all great things to trade for seeds with users and I think you’d get some hits in the Trading Post if you said something like “I want to find these seeds and I’ll trade you a jar of raw honey or a flat rate with some comb in it”. Heck, I’d trade you for propolis if you have it, I could use some for mixing my own leather conditioners, it’s one of the main “secret” ingredients in some of the heavy duty products like Obenauf’s Heavy Duty LP, the traditional wildland firefighters boot grease.

16 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion! Wow I never thought about that!
Yea the propolis time is coming up as I clean up boxes in the winter. So I’ll start with you Dirt Wizard and make a list for some propolis.
Honey is absolutely no problem here. The shipping is a little dicey but I have shipped to Canada successfully, so mostly cost issue but doable.

7 Likes

Heck yeah brother just let me know and I’ll open up the vault for ya. We mostly eat very local raw honey for the immune and allergy benefits but I’m always interested in trying honey from another crop and bioregion too! Beeswax is always of interest to me as well, I use it for cosmetics and for tools and woodworking, it’s the best thread locker/lubricant I know of. I know luthiers use a propolis tincture to seal wood with but I’ve never tried that, I’ve been experimenting with rubbing beeswax into sanded wood then gently torching it with a propane hand torch playing with some shou sugi ban techniques lately

14 Likes

This is an awesome idea! you will get more seeds with honey than cash :laughing:

Also check out @JohnnyPotseed for packs to purchase on OG. Always a good deal.

12 Likes

Welcome. I am a beekeeper too!

4 Likes

Goes well with the name… :honeybee::tulip:

2 Likes

U can buy some seeds here, i don not know how much u grow , but Johnny is having a sale… Buy any two packs of available strains and receive another two packs of your choice free, plus one pack of my choice! so 5 packs for the price of 2!
with free S&H! so that is like 50 seeds for 40 USD

11 Likes

How do you ingest your cannabis?

Never tried edibles, oil few times, just a smoker.

1 Like

I’m also down to trade for honey and or other bee goods such as propolis or full comb! I don’t have much for trade though and especially not much of established strains

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know there is interest and I’ll bet we can do something later for sure.

3 Likes

When you’re ready DM me and I have a few clones I’d love to swap for some raw honey. We get jars of it all the time at our farmers market but I’d love to try some other regions too. We’re in Virginia up in the mountains and if I tried getting a couple hives going the bears would love it lol.

5 Likes

Thanks @FirstCavApache64 that is incredible. Thank you.
Yes we do our best to stick to as raw as possible and still keep on the shelf for a bit before sugaring. No flash heating or heavy filtering. As a matter of fact I still use 5gsl paint strainers to keep as much pollen in there as we can. When we do have to heat (after several months from harvest), 108 is as high as I like to preserve as many enzymes as possible.
Kinda like being an artisan beekeeper in the local community!

7 Likes

Your gut would greatly benefit from eating decarb.

Decarbing at 100 degr. Celsius (212 F) for different lengths of time. my personal findings

Along with eating oyster mushrooms several times a week, adding curcuma (turmeric) to your food, and avoiding coffee and alcohol. Replacing butter with organic cold pressed coconut oil.
Nettle and mint tea are also great to heal inflammation.

Wishing you all the best!

2 Likes
5 Likes

Thanks rogue for the information.
noknees that’s an interesting idea. I’ve stayed away from ingesting for fear of causing more stomach issues. I got a press to make Dad’s CBD oil but still way new at it.

3 Likes

I have some nice Haze crosses I’d be willing to share with you, in exchange for you feeding some hungry folks or helping people in need out in any other way.

Just lmk when you’re ready and I’ll tell ya what I got!

7 Likes

Super generous @Rippleseeds , will do. Just ordered some plastic skeps for shipping joy juice. I’ll reach out soon I love hazes.

1 Like

I, too, am more than willing to trade seeds for Honey, etc. Sitting on roughly 1,800 different Strains/Varieties of late, more coming in every day. I wish you well in your endeavors. Indeed, supporting fellow OGers is the “right thing” to do!! Take care, stay safe, and be well…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes