Swazi Red (Afropips)

Welcome to the Kingdom of Eswatini, South Africa.

Afropips info :

Swazi roolbaard from the top swazi breeder in nkomati region of swaziland. Roolbaard wich is afrikaans for red beard gets its name from and is renowned for its spectacular red bud hairs. Swazi is a high yielding and resinous pure african landrace sativa wich produces a strong natural high. The strain has a long odour, wich has been compared to a fine cigar and an earthy smoke with a high that is energetic and clear. Buds on this plant can reach the size of an adults forearm and ary typically compact and very sticky. This famous strain is enjoyed by many south africans.

I preserved in 2011 with 8 females and 1 male. The seeds were then shared with a lot of friends, from Africa to California. This landrace from South Africa is really special with its blue green and its two different lines and variation. The “Gold” and the “Red” like few others pure old sativa. Black Red Gold Green variation NLD according elevation and UV i think.

The Gold/Green type of plant are branchy and yielder with a clean energic high and good honeyed soft floral fruity spicy pepper smell and taste. Knowing Swazi Gold is more common i think. (Longer flowering 14/16 weeks)

The Black/Red type is rarer and has different structure more lance with less yield but the plants are more resinous, very sticky properties and the smoking is more dark, gunpowder, metallic, cigar, pepper, hard for the throat even if plants have a sweet honeyed smell. Effects are stronger energic, speed heartbeat, trippy and with heavier understones. (12/14 weeks)

Some dwarf plants to find, mutant also, i kept one of my F2 moms with polyploid branching, four cotyledons specimen has been found but three ones represent like 10% of my line. Like one mom F2 with cocacola terpenes.

Now F5s harvested last year with the help of Purple Clouds’s (ZenHouseGardens) F3, Thank you bro!

69 Likes

2011 first repro

69 Likes

I’d be all on that!

2 Likes

Outdoor in Britanny

51 Likes

Fucking A, Im so glad you’re here, Roms

14 Likes

Wow… lucky you have picked that.

I think that afropips is missing now? Pity about the landraces they had.

Happy growings!!

7 Likes

:wink:

Here’s my Petula cut 2010 (12 weeker), selection mom that motivated the next 2011 preservation run ^^

With this female saved during 3 years in my nomadic past times i did F1 with Lebanese (TRSC), named SwaziLiban.

44 Likes

Other hybrids work :

MazSwaz : (MIS strawberry cut x’)
Afro Sweet Mango : (SPG*Mango Hz x’)
Red Raid : (Red Thai x’)
Zambaz : (Zambian x’)
Orange Swazi : (Double Orange x)

:star_struck:

29 Likes

Oh I have some from TRSC also, burmese, Cretan, lao sa… probably in my next grow will be one of them for reproduction.

I think that I have some from africa, but from World of seeds, but after reading in this forum, perhaps these are not so landraces… A pity…

Happy growings!

7 Likes

F2 tested by Kagyu (Coastal Seed Co) years ago :

14.97 THC .04 CBD. a pinene 2.25mg myrcene 5.08mg b pinene 1.01mg

Sadly no THC-V data but Swaz is champion i think, will see next years with my own labs results.

24 Likes

Kagyu’s grow in California with my F2s :

Polyploid heritage example :

Also cross work with Burmese by Coasta Seed Co :wink:

55 Likes

Polyploid mom 2011

32 Likes

F4 quadrifoliate grown by GreatDalas

:four_leaf_clover:

31 Likes

Grown by @Numide :

42 Likes

Greatdalas’s

48 Likes

JustGrowing420’s

56 Likes

Beautiful work my friend

I’ll tag along for the show

Paps

8 Likes

amazing work, i tip my hat off to you my friend @Roms ive seen your work mentioned many times , glad to finally meet you. looking forward to your future projects. much respect and welcome to the family.

10 Likes

really nice watching your projects for sure @Roms

5 Likes

Wow. Just, wow

3 Likes