Tents full of happiness and love ft. Bodhi and friends

Nice! I really need to make some hash here soon. I’ve still got a freezer bag full of trim from the last few grows sitting in the, uh, freezer.

Is Speakeasy back to taking credit cards? Didn’t they stop for a while?

Actually, don’t answer that. I don’t need to buy any more seeds.

7 Likes

CSI is doing great work, and I’d love to run some of their stuff at some point, but it’s just so damned expensive. I can’t justify it even tho I now have cash flow. I looked on their site the day their 420 sale codes went life and, after 42% off, I was still over $1K for around 100 seeds. That math sucks.

I take donations. :wink:

14 Likes

You don’t have an issue with all of their selfed seeds? And the feminized seeds? I wanted to try some of their gear, but everything’s an S1 or whatever. Really weirds me out.

5 Likes

I’m about to find out, I guess. I personally don’t have an issue with selfing and reversing something to make fems. If the plant is something special, that may be the only way to get it back in seed form. Listening to Chimera’s potcast interview (pretty good one if you haven’t listened) made me want to re-visit fems, he talks about selfing pretty passionately. But, so far, to be honest, the fems I’ve grown have not been as good as regs I’ve grown …at least the freebies I’ve gotten (and maybe some of my own fems I’ve made). I hope this pack changes changes my opinion.

Yeah, they ain’t cheap… especially cuz we all know how easy it is to make seeds. I mean I get it, everyone’s gotta eat… I figure a portion of the money the government gave me should go towards growin’… probably should give a little bit to Overgrow too :wink:

No time like the present :slightly_smiling_face: I find it’s not tooo labor intensive with the bags and all. I really like using up as much of the plant as I can, trash to treasure and all that…

BTW, Anybody have any suggestions about moving a seed collection across the country?

6 Likes

I dunno why, but I have a huge issue with podcasts. I can’t listen to them. I have to be like stuck somewhere with absolutely nothing to do to check them out. Before this COVID shit, I was donating plasma twice a week, just for some extra money. I checked out a couple of Bodhi’s interviews then. But that’s the only way I can listen to them: sitting at some plasma donation place with a needle in my arm and no escape haha!

Don’t S1’s have a tendency to herm, though? That’s what I’ve always read, anyway. Selfed seeds and feminized seeds seem to herm at a much higher rate than “regular” seeds, is what I’ve read. I dunno.

When we moved, I filled up a cooler with ice and put my seeds in there. But that was when my seed collection was much smaller. It was also just an eight mile move, not a cross-country thing like you’re about to do. Still, a cooler (or two. Or three) filled with ice might work, as long as you don’t speed or do anything else that might compel some bumfuck middle-of-nowhere bored-ass cop to pull you over. They search your entire car for no reason out there…

Or you could just package everything and send it all out to Portland, maybe to a PO Box or something.

5 Likes

I feel the same as you @iamyou_youareme . I don’t have any issue with feminized seeds as long as I trust the person making them, and nspecta is probably the most legit you can get. Many of the legendary strains of the last 30 years are s1 or the result of a herm. And some of the most legendary landrace weed ever (thai) is very herm-prone, or so I’ve read.

So no, I don’t think responsibly-created fems necessarily have a higher likelihood of herming than the parents. They still gotta be tested by reputable breeders, just like regs. The tendency to herm is a spectrum, and just about every single weed plant has the potential to do it from one stress or another. Some are just less likely to do it than others. I think it’s incomplete dominance, much like CBD, combined with epigenetics and/or environmental stresses.

And CSI produces regs as well. :slight_smile:

I think hempseeds are legal now. I guess it depends how long it takes you to make it from one fridge to another. As long as you don’t have any weed with you during the move, just pack them in the top of a yeti cooler filled with a couple dozen frozen bottles of water or leakproof icepacks, stick to the interstates, call it good. You could also overnight them to yourself in a cooler filled with the same, call it good.

9 Likes

Would you breed with S1’s, do you think? Isn’t there some sort of weirdness associated with selfed seeds? Beyond a (supposed) tendency to herm, I mean?

4 Likes

Trim jail! That’s usually when I listen, otherwise I get too distracted with another task and lose focus on the podcast.

IME so far, I have had some fems that have intersexed late in flower, their nanners are usually too late to pollinate anything or sterile. I’ve definitely found hermies in regular seed too, but nothing I paid for, and nothing from Bodhi so far. Hermies can happen anywhere I think. When making S1’s (especially if you’re selling them) I think it probably be a good idea to stress test them extra well though. Going to trust nspecta on this one, he was saying that in the first batch of TK S1’s he made that some of the S1’s are better than the original TK. Who knows if that marketing hype or what, but he did selections from those S1s and backcrossed the original TK to a few of those selections, hence the TK5150 and the TK 677 packs. Supposed to be more uniformity in these S1s, but I’ll find out here in about 6 months!

Yeah, this was my original idea. They’re in mason jars now with silica packets, in the fridge. Will probably just keep them in the jars in the cooler and replenish with ice or ice packs as I go. My girl has like 15 orchids we gotta figure out how to get across the country too… oh the joys of moving.

I would if the specimen was phenomenal. I think if nspecta can get away with it, I can too :slight_smile:

Happy Holidaze! Share some herb with someone today!

8 Likes

I’m right there with you on this topic. I trust Jeremy’s info as long as I can verify it. At the end of the day, though, he’s in the business of convincing people to buy products he sells.

4 Likes

For sure, there’s a lot of stuff he pitches in his videos. I ran thru them all on 1.75 speed so I could filter out the pitches. I’m sure most of his products do work, but I don’t see it necessary to make organics that complicated. Once you’re shipping all that stuff around the country and using packaging and stuff, it’s almost like being back on bottled nutrients. For people that can’t source high quality ingredients locally, that is great, and I’m sure the environmental impacts from a couple of cannabis growers is nothing to compared to Big Ag, but still something I think we should all be cognizant of.

6 Likes

That is a good idea. And since I’m about to be trimming a bunch, maybe I’ll check out some podcasts. Although the NFL draft is also gonna be happening right around the time I’ll be trimming; I was planning on watching that. Even though the Rams don’t have a first-round pick until like 2024 haha.

That’s a good point about the S1’s/fem seeds. Maybe I’ll reconsider. CSI definitely has some stuff I’d be interested in, if they were regular seeds. But I guess you’re right, all seeds have the potential to herm. I get worried that I won’t notice any sacs, just because my eyesight is so fucking bad, and then my whole grow will get seeded. I think I’m gonna go get glasses pretty soon, though. I’m getting my driver’s license in a couple weeks, got the appointment and everything, but my girlfriend reminded me yesterday that they’re gonna make me do the eyesight test thing. I was like,”Holy shit, they’re gonna say I’m legally blind!” haha. So I have to get glasses first.

Yeah, I do not envy you at all. But once you get there… Freedom.

5 Likes

How do you like the mini-washing machine? That a a good set of bubble bags are in my future.

Have you tried the MWCB yet? Or is it still drying?

Looking forward to your CSI grow. Almost pulled the trigger on a couple of packs yesterday. But decided that money would be better spent dialing everything in.

6 Likes

Definitely check out MeanGene’s newest Potcast, since you have his SkyCuddler Kush F3. Five hour interview that goes into his breeding selections and practices. Hope the Rams do well this year!

Damn, you remind me that I need to get some new glasses too! My eyesight has been terrible since I was a little kid, so I’m stuck in contacts most of the time. My glasses are old and I can’t see shit outta them anymore, time for a new pair. Dude, I can not imagine not having a drivers license! Of course, where I am at, you have to have a car to get around. The urban sprawl in my city is so bad, it’s pretty much required to hold down a job or anything (our public transport is lacking). I fucking hate driving though, damn traffic, and idiot drivers…

I really like the machine. I think I got mine for like 65-70 bucks and modified the drain tube (you need a smooth tube, no ridges) and drain cover (so the plant matter can drain through the tube). It definitely takes the majority of labor out of making hashish… prep and clean up are the most work. I got my bags from the Bubble Bag Dude and I think they’re pretty decent. Definitely better than my previous set from amazon. I would recommend getting the full mesh bags. I usually only use two different ones, the 160 and the 73. the 220 is just used to catch all the trash… the 160 goes to edibles usually, and the 73 is the head stash.

The first one is in the jars, drying/curing now. The second plant is still being trimmed up. I took it at 80 days. Going to wait a few weeks until fully cured to test. Thankfully I still have a bunch of full jars that are nice and cured now, and I prefer smoking those.

I’m looking forward to it too, hard to think I gotta wait six month or more to start them! I’d say you made a wise decision… it’s very very easy to get caught up in all the seed buying. The FOMO is real. It’s something I think we all battle with, thinking about the possibilities of what we could grow instead of just growing what we have. Getting your environment dialed or spending money on your drying setup, or whatever is going to be better in the long run than seeds. You can take the best genetics in the world and still mess them up if you’re not dialed in.

8 Likes

Good luck with the move. I’ve been in your shoes several times. Couldn’t grow for 2 years at one point. This last move seems permanent and put me in your same predicament. Moving across a lot of states :sweat_smile: . Positive vibes and hopefully you can use your time off to get everything you need in order to get right back in.

7 Likes

I had one for a long time, but I got a DUI ten years ago (and a cocaine conviction on top of that haha) and after that I’ve just been like,”Fuck it. I’m not driving anymore.” The punishment alone was enough for me to be like,”I will never risk drinking and driving again.” Seriously, the community service I had to do could, I think, be classified as cruel and unusual punishment. All we did, every day, was go to freeway overpasses and kick homeless people out of their spots and then pick up hundreds of their hypodermic needles. The whole time, I was just like,”Man, I don’t wanna be kicking homeless people out of where they set up camp…” It was really sad. Just let them live there. And why am I the person who has to kick them out? It was super-fucked up.

When I lived in LA proper, not driving wasn’t even an issue. Public transportation there is great. And I lived right in the middle of Los Feliz, which is an awesome neighborhood (until the hipsters took over). Even when I did drive, the only thing I used my car for was getting to and from work. Once I got home, I’d just park my car and walk everywhere. I had tons of bars and restaurants and even a go-go bar right in my neighborhood. With the friendliest dancers you’ve ever met (took a lot of them home haha…). But ever since we moved way out here, deep in the Valley, it’s become more and more obvious that I’m gonna have to drive again. All the jobs out here suck, just minimum wage bullshit.

I’m gonna have to drive.

Anyway, I’ll check out that podcast soon. Maybe haha.

6 Likes

It’s shitty that in the USA we don’t have more public transit solutions. Wish I could get away without having a car.

7 Likes

The public transportation in LA is great. In LA proper. I’ve always lived there until like seven years ago and really never needed a car. But once I moved in with my girl, out in the Valley, yeah, I need a car. I thought Sherman Oaks was bad, the first neighborhood we lived in, but we moved even further north four years ago and holy shit… Forget it. I’ve missed job interviews because the buses don’t run on time out here. And they run really infrequently, too.

Fuck the Valley haha.

6 Likes

What is the mini washing machine looking thing ?

2 Likes

An easy way to make hashish.

I throw my trim and small buds in there, after they’ve been in the freezer (for at least 24 hours… mines more like 3 months because I’m lazy), a little bit of ice, and coldest water you can get. Turn machine on, everything moves around, the ice and buds/leaves rubbing against each other in the machine knock all the trichs off. Drain through your bubble hash bags, separate… etc, dry and smoke. I’m simplifying, but there’s plenty of guides online already that I can link you if you’re interested. Basically spending some extra cash so you don’t have to beat your trim/smalls/buds around inside a bucket with a couple spoons, like a monkey trying to make some wacky brownies. Check out Frenchy/Frenchie Cannoli for more info as well, he kind of pioneered the idea.

6 Likes

That’s some fucked up nonsense.

Man, just get a Tesla and let it drive for ya :wink: But seriously, are you worried about driving again? Especially in all the damn LA traffic?

Thanks for the well wishes man, definitely good to hear from people that have been through it and made it to the other side. Hopefully I’ll be back to growin’ in no time! Always good to have a little break and re-think your growing setup, especially after years of experience have illuminated your perspective. It’s gonna be really fun to get setup in a new space, I really dig the design aspect of trying to make your grow optimal in the space that you’re given. The challenge keeps me busy, and that’s when I’m happiest!

8 Likes