Tents full of happiness and love ft. Bodhi and friends

Just make sure all your iot devices on their own subnet or their own network entirely so they don’t have access to the rest of the devices in your house or whatever. That goes for your Roku/fire stick/appletv, thermostat, Alexa, etc.

They are all notoriously lacking in security and updates.

6 Likes

that controller looks awesome, was eyeing something like the pulse pro, but this will give a lot of similar data, for 1/10th the price…

3 Likes

I love how other then the word controller I have no idea wtf you folks are talking about lol

7 Likes

Haha, I just want to be able to track some data of what’s going on in my tent, especially when I’m not home to constantly look through the velcro windows…

4 Likes

I won’t be running my lights on it. Unless both the AC and dehumidifier start at the exact same time I should be golden.

Excellent point. They all run on a secondary network (2.4 GHz).

It will do everything the Pulse One does for the same price. The Niwa, however actually allows for automation not just monitoring.

We are talking about this Niwa controller.

9 Likes

I meant the rest of what is going with the controller talk . Also I had no idea just how much a controller controls nowadays until you shared that link . WOW
I have a controller someone gave me years ago worth about $1000 bucks at the time that I have never used lol But I don’t think it was anywhere near the level as this one you folks are rocking.

4 Likes

Dang I might have to order one of these controllers… will help with keeping temps high enough in LED tent, while still being able to run fan enough at night to keep humidity down.

5 Likes

This is the controller I was talking about. Has been collecting dust since I got it lol

I also see it is less then $200 now haha

8 Likes

Someone is in IT security :wink: Always a good idea with any cheap wifi devices, never know what type of backdoor is there on purpose or not.

Yeah, I’m sure with your setup you’re good to go. I would be nervous to run the lights through it as well. Chances of the dehuy and AC running at the same time are probably slim, I would think the AC would provide some level of dehumidification as well.

Shit, looking at your buds and setup, I don’t think you need any controllers, haha. Sometimes old school and simple is the best. Work with your environment… HPS provides plenty of warmth up there :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Awesome! That’s exactly what I was hoping for. It’s nice to see a company take suggestions/requests from customers and make them happen.

5 Likes

What Agency approvals do they have on that unit?
I don’t see any mention on the Amazon page.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Manual lists CRF 47 part 14 of the FCC rules, RoHS, and CE certification.

4 Likes

Dude, seriously… I was like,”Yeah, I’d ‘like’ these posts if I had any clue at all WTF they’re talking about.” My girl did show me how to set a recurring alarm on my phone last night, though, so…

10 Likes

Tell you what, when I start my 2022 workshop thread I’ll detail all of my automation stuff.

17 Likes

Yep, @torontoke made both the TE & TE remix F3

@SmackyMcSmackers that is very cool stuff. This was the primary limiting factor for small tent grows.

I’m shocked at how fast AC Infinity has gone from new player in the exhaust fan market (after a successful business in IT & AV cooling) to just absolutely dominating the market for exhaust fans, competing on both price and quality in the world of grow tents, and dominating small grow controllers. Their stuff is so inexpensive yet such high quality with so many features…it makes me wonder why none of the other players in the market had R&D to do this stuff. It’s not like it’s super complex… Anyway, I’m very appreciative of their products, especially at their price points.

Also, I actually like the current controllers not being IoT and only having BT capabilities. Especially after the AWS outage yesterday that spoiled people’s food and stopped deliveries. LOL Just give me a fridge that works. It doesn’t need connectivity.

:rainbow: :sun_with_face:

P.S. The grow is looking great! :slight_smile: I think you can go bigger and veg longer next time with some of those cuts in SIPs, but definitely not all of them.

16 Likes

You snooze, ya lose… AC Infinity definitely seized the opportunity though. Maybe having their established IT/AV products gave them an edge over other manufacturers trying to do all grow equipment, like tents, filters, all that. I’m definitely curious to try AC Infinity’s tent, and will be grabbing a 4 x 4 once amazon drops the price back down to normal after the holiday season. Hopefully the quality carries over.

Sometimes dumb is good. Gotta love when your dryer won’t work anymore because it can’t connect to wifi. Or, your doorbell records everything and gives the police access to the recordings. The range on the BT is pretty good, so I can adjust the settings from bed if needed. I don’t need to, but good enough for me.

You think? I was thinking of ditching the smaller CP boxes for bigger EarthBoxes for the next run. Dump the the soil from the small CPs and add some promix/pumice/compost to the mix, re-amend all that and reset. I think the big CPs are doing awesome. The GG4 is just a beast and took over everything. Not sure what I’m going to run in there next though, would like to run the BB and Rudeboi again and see if I can make them a little happier. I also have a CSI Unknown x Lemon Party fem that’s looking pretty good. Maybe I’ll throw that one in.

Bringing down this TER tonight or tomorrow, just need to find a place to hang it…

20 Likes

For the price it is an excellent tent… :+1:

The zipper is good, maybe better than my Secret Jardin. The material is good, maybe a little stiff.
A minor shortcoming is that it doesn’t have mid level perimeter bars so the sides ‘suck in’ under negative pressure.

I have no hesitations recommending their tents. Experience with a 3’ x 3’ x 6’ this summer.

Totally in love with the fans and controllers!!

From what I’ve seen of their products I can tell you they have a good mechanical design and electrical engineering crew.
Probably small but good.
Possibly 3rd party contractors… but I’ll bet they are in-house… :+1:

Cheers
G

10 Likes

I still use ac infinity, but did have an odd occurence where my house was struck by lightning and the only electronics that were ruined were my two ac infin fans - both on high quality surge protectors. The lights timers desk fans were all fine on the same protectors. Seems like theres some sort of flaw there.

5 Likes

Thanks for the warning…

If a ‘corner is cut’ it will likely be on surge and flicker testing as it requires specialized equipment.
Retail surge protectors usually only have varistors in the circuit.
When I build them (old school power bars) I back them up with a Gas discharge tubes as well.
If the lightning strike is close to the house… :scream:

Cheers
G

6 Likes

For sure. Yeah I use pretty good quality power strips from Furman - “power conditioners” is what they officially call them. Read that musicians really like them as they are not only good surge protectors but also regulate uneven power well - good for crappy bar gigs and such ha.

8 Likes