Tents full of happiness and love ft. Bodhi and friends

Yeah, they’re in 1/2 gallon hydro pots with recycled organic soil, but I’ve been feeding them with Pure Blend Pro bloom throughout their life. I wanted to keep the plants small, cause you don’t need big plants to make a lot of seeds, and that’s all I’m after. I bet the Blueberry will have a couple hundred seeds on it’s own. The plants wouldn’t make it through in those tiny pots without some fertilizer help…

Yeah I suppose it depends on the cultivar, some plants are really good for doing what you’re describing, or what I always called SOG or Sea of Green. Some plants would probably do terrible at it, like the RudeBoi OG pictured above. With SOG I think it’s best to find one proven cultivar that produces long totem pole buds, and you know will be ok with a smaller container space. Then cram as many clones as you can of that cultivar in a tent and chop all the lower branching and let them grow straight up. I’ve seen people pull some crazy weight using this method, but I’ve never done it myself, because I like the variety. Good luck on your next run though, at least you got some seeds out of it to play with!

17 Likes

It’s been damn hot here this week… A few days with temps over 100f. The Pakistan Valley’s have handled the heat like champs, though. No shade screen or anything. I’ve been debating on wether it’s better for the smart pots to make direct contact with the ground, so that the roots could grow thru the pots, or leave them in the trays, so they can suck up the excess water. I’ve had to water them at least twice a day for the last couple of days, and a couple days, three times a day. They’re only in five gallons, could have definitely gone bigger. I’ve been feeding PBP at about 20ml per gallon. It’s crazy to watch how fast they can suck up the water… one day the smaller one was on the verge of wilt… within three minutes of watering, all of the leaves went into “pray mode” again.

I did add a rock mulch layer up top to help with the evaporation and to give home to critters and fungus that choose to live there. Think I saw that trick on someone’s instagram, seems to work OK so far.

28 Likes

Beautiful! Shaping up to be some monsters.
I’d let them roots run if it were me :slight_smile:

Like the addition of the rocks as well. I also scatter rocks around on top of my bed. The worms love it

7 Likes

They probably like the heat. Maybe it reminds them of their ancestral home in the Pakistan mountains.

11 Likes

Hooweee, though, they look plenty good to me. Those are five-gallon pots they’re in? So the plants got pretty huge, huh? They’re fucking dwarfing those pots; I thought they were in one-gallon buckets or something.

These are the autoflowers, right? Or am I remembering incorrectly? I didn’t know auotflowers got that massive…

7 Likes

Cool, I’m thinking I may do that and pile up some mulch around the outside pots to help keep them moist.

I have noticed more feeder roots at the top of the pots since added the rock mulch layer, so that it cool as well.

Probably right! The more squat one does remind me of a plant I’d see growing in that region. Maybe their DNA didn’t forget that they can handle that sun :slight_smile:

Here’s what World of Seeds says about the Pakistan Valley:

From the Hindu Kush mountain range (Northern Pakistan).

After a selection process lasting several years, we bring you a pure origin Indica ideal for indoor growing.

Unmistakable for her robust, well-branched appearance, strong aroma and high potency, this is one of the best indoor strains in the world.

Sweet, intoxicating and intense in her effect, her elevated CBD levels makes this the quintessential medicinal strain.

Not sure I’d buy that line that she’s one of the “best indoor strains in the world” :rofl: They seem to be doing just fine outside.

Yeah they’re in five gallon smart pots, I DID NOT expect them to get that big, haha.

These are just fems freebie seeds from like ten years ago, I didn’t expect them to sprout, but here we are…

I’m finishing up an OG Kush Autoflower, that’s like a 1/3rd of the size of these plants. I didn’t picture it, it’s about to get chopped and dried. Will throw up a couple pics of her before chop.

13 Likes

Looking great! Experiencing some crazy heat here too.
Will you make seeds with those Paki’s if you get a male and female?

9 Likes

They’re fems, and I see some pre-flowers already, so no seeds this from these ladies… unless some pollen from my neighbors happens to make it’s way to them.

11 Likes

Some outdoor beauties man, they look so happy in that sun.

I ran them a good while back, alongside they’re Afghan Kush, mixed up all the labels, so never really knew which was which. But I do remember that they all produced large flowers.

8 Likes

Yeah, I love looking out back and seeing them in the sun, like they were meant to be!

Thanks for the info, cool that someone out there grew them out. I’ll probably just do an extraction on all these and turn them to hash, if I can get them to the finish line.

I thought about bringing them into the garage and putting them under CMH, when the rainy season starts, but now that I’ve put the bags on the ground, the roots have already gone through them and into the ground… there goes that idea. Maybe I’ll build some sort of cover for them :thinking:

12 Likes

Was at the dispensary up the street looking for some edibles and ran into my first Bodhi strain in the store, at least since I’ve been in PDX:

I had to grab it it to sample, this 1g of RSO was only $12. Even if only a tiny sliver goes back to Bodhi, cool to support him.

Interesting to see the Black Triangle (or at least whatever pheno(s) this RSO was made from) has a little bit of CBG there and THCV… maybe that’s due to the extraction process too, I’m not 100% sure.

20 Likes

It shows that Black Triangle has a lot of caryophyllene which is supposed to be an anti-inflammatory (sp?). Curious to see if it helps you w any pain. Either by numbing or relaxing. Thanks!

It’s indeed awesome to find Bodhi strains out there.

10 Likes

I remember visiting a dispensary in Denver during the pandemic. I found a gram of Mothers Milk bud. It was bland and not cured well, but it was still pretty good. Stoney effects. Nice score :rocket:

10 Likes

I got turned on to bodhi through Sunshine Daydream sometime around 2013-14, luckily for me it was the famed butter pheno (someone in colorado, if you are reading this, lets talk) and boy was it swell. Around that same time got some spacecake from the same grower, right when GSC was taking over the market and it was such a refreshing change of taste and high, what a feeling.

Its been nice having Bodhis work in the garden, I can sense he has a penchant for warm comforting highs.

15 Likes

Oh it was definitely relaxing… it did seem to help with my back pain as well. Which oddly enough is something I noticed when I grew out Black Triangle. I took a dosage about the size of two grains of rice. Which is on the higher side for RSO, but I have a high tolerance. I still noticed the effects for a good solid 24 hours after dosing. I think I actually noticed the effects more the second day than the first. I read that THCV is actually an appetite suppressant too, but I think I ate like 4 cinnamon rolls in one sitting the other night, so not sure if it has the effect on me :joy:

I actually found Queen Mother Goji OG on my first trip to a dispensary in Denver! I was stoked! Then I bought it and was like, damn, my Goji is better than this… haha!

What a great first Bodhi strain to experience! That’s been one of my favorites so far. I really want to get back to growing some SSDD crosses, I’ve got a few chucks and Bodhi packs to explore. Are you growing any Bodhi right now? Keeping a journal?

13 Likes

No journal, would be fun though. ATM I have Booty, Mendo Sunshine, Bad Dawgs Freebie Sunshine #4 x Sunshine #7 - 8, Sunshine Queen, and a few of my own strains. All clones from seed selection, then on the seed front I am doing a pheno hunt and have about 15 females from the above parents with various crosses, got some boys in the bunch too, whats a party without pollen, thats what the kids are saying right?

Actually pretty stoked on one of the Mendosunshine x Sunshine #4 crosses, the boy went full bloom @ day 10 of 12/12, all the other boys were just forming their sacs. I am talking 3’ gorgeous erect stalk full of flowers fully open. The mother the seed was taken from also finishes two weeks earlier than the other Mendo Sunshine phenos I have.

Oh and of particular note, I have some SpaceCake and Booty F2 boys and their structure, inter nodal spacing, flower set, even the color are dead ringers. Guess that afghani really shines through with bodhis GSC cross, which not complaining…

One more thing; Booty has been my first truly 100% indica grow (two harvests now) and summer temps have been heating up coupled with humidity rises, guess the poor flower room had some serious spikes ended up having budrot all over Booty. I was sure that afgahni was known for its mold resistance? Always sad to throw out such a resinous plant that you know is kick ass bud, now its time to go into overdrive with disinfection, botrytis is no joke.

15 Likes

Thank you for your observation! Back pain is often hard (for me) to treat w weed so your info helps.

8 Likes

So my outdoor plants are just starting to flower. They got bigger than expected, and I may have to do some staking. I hope the neighbor’s flood lights don’t cause them herm. They don’t shine on them directly, but still… they’re on all night. I do love the natural shape and look of them outdoors. The hoppers have been munching on some of the leaves, but nothing too bad. Recently sprayed with Sulfur to help with any oncoming PM…

Me for scale, last I checked I’m about 5’11"…

Enjoying a cloudy morning here… the sun’s coming out later though and back up to 97 degrees… y’all stay cool :slight_smile:

31 Likes

Same shirt, same sweater. Where do you shop for clothing?! Lol
Glad to see those 2 doing well and looking nice and green headed into flower.

One would think you’ve been out there for years growing outdoor lol did you use a paint sprayer/backpack sprayer? I’m itching to get an outdoor going next year but you know my situation.

13 Likes

haha, they need to open the Etsy store back up, I’ve about worn that one out!

I wish I had been growing outside for years now, I was always scared as hell to attempt any back east. It would have to be guerrilla grow … or you know someone with big corn fields or something :slight_smile:

I have a cheap plastic Chapin pump sprayer that holds about 1.5 gallons that I use to do most of my foliar and IPM sprays. I’d love to get a battery powered electric one, but haven’t really had the need… yet. Maybe next year if I put some plants in the ground and get monsters :sweat_drops: :evergreen_tree: :dragon:

14 Likes