Tents full of happiness and love ft. Bodhi and friends

I see that a lot for nld/hazes, but most of what I grow are wld. The trichs are usually around 5% amber at 70 days. The Bandaid Haze I grew out went 100 days with maybe 1% amber, and could have gone another 2 weeks.

11 Likes

Might just be the strains you’re running need longer. That bandaid haze #7 likes to go 100-120 days regardless of lighting.

9 Likes

Thanks everyone! Can’t believe I’ve been smoking weed for over 20 years now. Looking forward to the next 20…

Amen to that!

It’s a local burning man event called Soak in Tygh Valley, OR. It’s beautiful out there. There’s local events all over, I used to go to one in NC called Ignite, I’m sure there’s some in VA too.

A much needed reset!

Interesting! I’m gonna try 75 days on the Sour and see where that gets me.

Damn, that’s brutal man! Sorry you’ve had an unproductive 2023 so far, but it sounds like things are on the up and up. They’ll probably explode in flower after being alive for so long in veg, you may get a bumper crop. But, if you wanna restart with fresh seeds, just let me know, I’m happy to send more.

My coco stuff is in 1/2 gallons, except for the Geisel, which is in a gallon bag. But yeah, these are all running on 12/12. I think the dry backs may have gotten me while I was away… I’m using this auto watering system for them and still dialing it in… I may need to go up to three waterings a day.

Yeah for sure, I see that IME too. I’m running the Hazy tent on 11/13 but may bump down to 10/14 to try and get the bandaid haze 7 to finish, I’ve seen her start to re-veg 12/12 if the lighting is too intense.

I do like taking stuff longer usually, especially from seed, so 70 days is around my average too. Which version of Bandaid Haze did you grow? The #7 is def gonna need 100+ days.

20 Likes

I was also going to mention that. I’ve always described the sour diesel flowers as having a rounded bubbly appearance, and I’m only seeing that in the one in coco.

Maybe the one in soil will plump up and end up looking similar. I’ve definitely found that the same plants can express diferently depending on whether they are grown with bottled nutrients or not, so that may be the factor causing the coco hydro medium to look more like what we recognize.

12 Likes

Doc D’s BH IX 3.0 Bandaid Haze f1 no.7 x (A5 Haze/Thai bx). I could have done a better job with her, so I will try again!

I veg in yogurt containers til they need more than 1x watering a day. They are drying back by that time, but it doesn’t seem to bother them, so it doesn’t bother me! Then they go into 1G Rootmakers til they get sucked dry… then the 2G airpots.

That watering system you linked looks nice. I got “the other” in their comparative description, lol! 20 seconds every 3 hours seems to give just enough runoff, and won’t overflow the DTW pan for us to get away for a week.

I’m trying to tune up another unit for the yogurt cups, and probably another for any 1G I’ll have.

I’m trying to cut back to only keepers I have to keep… and I’m a hoarder :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I’m on a real roll of missing birthdays…

Happy Belated Bud, hope it was Super Stoney!

7 Likes

For sure. And honestly, with Sour, all I really care about is the taste. Who cares how it looks? Haha. That Sour Diesel x Dragon Energy I grew last round looked promising, but the flavor is not there at all. And I stopped into a dispensary that’s next-door to my old veterinarian while I was waiting on the dogs one day a few years ago, just to kill some time, ended up grabbing some outdoor Sour Diesel that didn’t have the look, but the flavor was allllllllmost there.

So who knows? Haha. I’m definitely eager to hear what Iamyou thinks about both the coco and the soil plant.

11 Likes

Yeah, from what I’ve seen, you guys are dead on about the appearance… Here’s a couple screen grabs of Crazy Composer finishing the same cut, and FarmerJoe420 where I got it from to begin with.

Yeah, let’s hope she plumps up some. She’s already losing a bunch of lower leaves to yellowing, so I’m not sure how much juice is left in the mix, and how much she’ll be able to grow in the 25 days. But we’ll all find out.

Could be the lights in the coco were too intense for awhile, the lowers on the Sour are still pushing out fresh growth. I’ve heard she’s a finicky plant to run; I don’t have her dialed in at all.

100% - and the effects… I hope the taste is there, though I’m not so sure what I’m looking for. The smell is getting stronger for sure, I was underwhelmed at first, but it’s coming in better towards the end.

Thanks man, it was!

Nice, did you run the whole pack or just a few? What did you think about the high?

It’s been pretty good so far… I was worried about the pump getting messed up from using megacrop and having sediment in the bucket, but no problems in the last 2 weeks I’ve been using it. This one you can only run by minutes, which is ok, as the drippers adjust the water flow at each plant. I’ll have to try 3 times a day… I wish you could choose the times it watered as well, but it’s just some cheap controller, you get what you pay for. Glad you’ve found a solution that will let you guys get away for a couple of days… I’m missing Ocean Isle beach about now, take a visit for me!

Hey, I’m in that club! I’ve got about 15 “keepers” right now… not sure I can really keep that many :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Dropped 3x, got one female, a mutant male, and a normal one… which I didn’t keep.

The smoke was good, just not remarkable, but like I said, I could have grown it better. She’ll get another shot.

Me too. I strained through some mud blocking fabric the first time I tried it, but forgot the next go, and no problems, yet. I’m going to try to keep the takeup hose/strainer off the bottom of the bucket, just in case.

With this unit I can set the watering time in seconds, up to 5 minutes, and set the watering intervals in hours. It seems pretty accurate, in that regard, so far, but I can’t adjust the dripper spikes individually. That would be nice. I’ve got til the end of the month to figure it out, lol!

I haven’t been to Ocean Isle for a while, I guess its still there! We go to Topsail, close, not too crowded, and not chichi… I’ll post some pics for you :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Throwing up a quick update over here. It’s been sooo fuckin nice outside, I can’t bare to spend much time in front of the computer screen or taking pictures. I gotta soak up that sun while I can, ya know?

Hazy Tent - Day 59 Flowering
Bandaid Haze Church | Bandaid Haze 7
Santa Cruz Blue Dream | Super Silver Haze F3 #10

Santa Cruz Blue Dream - Lights Off - She gonna yield nice, big chunky buds with a super strong blueberry sweet soapy smell.

Trichs are looking good, think she’ll be ready at 65 days? I might push her to 70…

Super Silver Haze F3 #10 - buds are starting to foxtail a bit, they’re also nice and chunky though and she’s gonna yield as well. Gonna take this one past 75 I think, we’ll see, gonna scope the trichs in the next few days.

Bandaid Haze Church - chunking up nicely, def gonna go 80 days. Incense profile continues to come in, basement terps still present.

Bandaid Haze 7 - the wild child. Basement mildew kinda smells. Stacking calyx everywhere and pistils galore. 46 Days to go! Gonna keep feeding her a little bit and try to keep her happy. Have been adding a little gypsum to the water as well.

SIP Tent - Day 53 Flowering
Giesel | Sour Diesel (skunktek)
Lavender Jack | Mother’s Milk 31 - Bodhi

Lavender Jack - continues to impress me. I love the smell of this plant, I wish I had a cologne that smelled like it. Visually stunning, with powerful assault on your nose… I could have used a little more yield, but she chunked up well enough. Hope she smokes!

Giesel - fading pretty fast, seemed hungry the whole time. She did ok, could have stacked better I think. Ready to smoke this one. Smelling funky, stronger than the Sour D. Last bud shot is the one in coco.

Sour Diesel (Skunktek) - yeah I dunno… gonna let her do her thing. Hasn’t shown me anything really impressive yet, but just biding my time… smells sour funky, but not much gas or anything. Could have gotten her to stack better, she’s looking hungry too, especially if she’s gonna go 75 days. Ready to smoke this one too! No judgments til then! Last shot is coco.

Mother’s Milk 31 - funk coming in on this one, creamy gas. Smelling killer. Stacked up nice on some of the main colas. Starting to get wizard hats. Love the look of the buds. Definitely see the Nepali OG in there.

Alright, feels like I’ve been writing this post for two hours. Haha. Bout to get real busy with chopping stuff. I’ll try to take some pics when things come down, but it’s always a pretty stressful process… I’ll snap some where I can.

That’s pretty cool, you might be able to combine the kits or something and find drippers that you could adjust… but sounds like you’ve got it figured… enjoy your time away with the kids and try not to worry about the plants!

Sunday funday! Enjoy what’s left!

34 Likes

$3.49 for five

9 Likes

Killer update! Your going to be high on the hog!

Enjoy that PNW summer!

10 Likes

damn bro, good grow, the lavender jack seems killer, blue dream too, wow on all of 'em!

10 Likes

Thanks man, looks like your knee deep in chopping and drying too, hope it all goes well for ya… that Sunshine 4… mmm mm!

Hah, I’m gonna enjoy every bit of it… gonna go lay out in the hammock now, and work outside for the rest of the day.

thanks bro! Yeah the Lav jack smells killer, I can smell it as soon as I open the tent, over everything else in there. Mad props to Nobody’sNursery for the selection, and of course to Bodhi for mashing 'em up in the first place. I’m ready for some summer time smoke, hoping the Blue Dream, Lav Jack and Hazes will fit the bill!

18 Likes

Close to chop for the Rainbow Belts 2.0 x Baba Kush. 64 days, flushing her out for the next few.

The Baba seemed to overpower the RB; the structure, smell, resin feel and looks all remind me of the BK5… the resin is a little less ‘stalky’ and closer to the buds than the BK5 though. The smell was also more pungent on the BK, the RB/Skittles smell is buried in there, with the kushy smell overpowering it. I wouldn’t say that I improved either line with the cross, but interesting to see the BK dominate, and no signs of intersex issues from the BK males. We’ll see how she cures…

Little rough around the edges, looks a little over fertilized to me. In the future, I may not go up to the max recommended 6g per gal of megacrop, the plants seem happier around 5 to 5.5g per gal. Also dialing in the watering schedule.

Resin is telling me I could go a while longer, but ain’t nobody got time for dat.

Full on floppin’

37 Likes

She looks good, though, nice and frosty. Looks like the yields won’t be all that haha, unless those are some rock-hard nugs. Still, I just love the way untopped plants look.

11 Likes

Yeah she’s not gonna yield that great, ok for a little 1/2 gal pot, but I’ve seen better. The nugs are pretty firm, but not like little rocks or anything. I like the look of untopped plants too, but the yield is usually better when I top them… which doesn’t really matter when I’m doing tester plants. As long as I get enough to smoke a couple of times, and maybe give away some samples, I’m good.

BK5 on left, RB 2.0 on the right

28 Likes

dazamn! frost city but in the winter, so the smell of baba is it coffee like? i gotta try baba, i grew some “snowman” bagseeds that reeked of coffee/chocolate, i made hash with 'em, it was coffee smelling hash, super cool but i can’t remember if it smoked nice, the smell tho, but that was before i knew of keeping plants or clones …

11 Likes

splendid job there brother…respectable work for a smaller pot and conditioned perfectly…beautiful nug structure…top marks!!!

7 Likes

This one wasn’t, but there was one in the pack of Baba Kush that had a strong coffee/chocolate smell, especially after the cure. That one seems to be the most potent out of the batch, but yielded the least. The smell from the BK5 smells like really really good weed cologne or something. It’s got a bit of this "mountain air’ air freshener smell, smells like fake clean air, if that makes any sense? I always associate the smell with Kush… again, whatever that means.

We’ll see how this Matt Berger pre-93 Bubba Kush does, I’m hearing there’s lots of chocolate and coffee there, with big rounded bud structure. She’s vegging out now…

20 Likes