Testers Needed - Puck HP BC3 Series

Well now, I’m really sad to say, since the above post, I’ve failed miserably, with my gripe of Puck Lights.
I was reading in Comacus other thread, about the Puck Lights, and decided I enough space, to run the pack.

6/13 they went into a shot glass, water, letting them soak overnight, the same way I’ve done it the past 23 years now.
Next morning, all the tailed beans went into paper towels, into a labeled baggie, into a 10/20, covered with a dome.

Into 1/4 filled 4" nursery pots. A few spritzes of water, or till a few drops of water drip out, from a dedicated water spray tank.
And I check them in the morning and evening. Every day, checking for moisture, or drying back, as any time, they will pop upward.

The last popped a bit of a tail, and just froze there, like the seeds in the pots did.
I know this issue is ALL ON ME.
The beans did their thing and popped, I did something, I can not quite figure out. Makes me a bit weird feeling, as did I do, or add something in my dedicated water sprayer?
IDK, but Comacus work is solid, I failed their work.

One last fail on my part pic, I started to dig up the cadaver beans, in the pots, most showed me the same tail I saw when going into the pots. One had a bit of mold on it.

After sending the hardest PM ever for me, to Comacus, revealing my utter failure, to him.
He gave me some advice, showed me a different germination technique to try out, and is giving me another chance to grow out Puck Lights!
So, I’ll secure fresh starter mix, new 4" pots, a couple of new 10/20’s. Well just reboot.
Damn, I fell damned hard on my old face this time.
So sorry Comacus.

13 Likes

No worries. Maybe they just had extra hard shell casings. I bet you’ll get 100% with the reboot. Fingers crossed!

7 Likes

A quick update shot, these Petrolia Headstash x Puck BC3 are slowly growing… been a weird summer so far, rain rain rain sun rain rain rain. What can you do?

11 Likes

wish i could add some more plants to the grow but i might be maxed out and moving soon…. that petrolia puck and puck lights sound like fun ones ill be following along to see how they go :seedling:

2 Likes

Damnnnnnn. I would’ve been all over this, but just transplanted everything and whatnot or I’d kill them and run these. Twenty-eight days ago too. Could’ve just ran these and not wasted any of my beans. Haha. Best of luck to all testing them! These are my type of genetics for sure.

2 Likes

They are looking nice. Bet once summer finally arrives they are going to take off!

3 Likes

Comacus, most graciously has given my another chance, and sent some great tips, and some beans to retry growing these out.

Placed 6 beans in the scuffer, and into my pocket, and did my daily chores.

Then into soak.

And we’re off, again!!

9 Likes

Of the 6 beans, scuffed far a few hours, then soaked in a bit of water/H2O2 overnight.
Three, had cracked a bit, and I placed them in wet towels, and few hours later, got this.

Then the next 3 still swimming, 2 tailed, and 1 embro, leaped out of the shell, and was just naked in the wee cup!
I’ve never failed like a few weeks back, and now, I’ve never seen 2 tiny leaves attached to the tap root, with the shell floating beside it. Just as I tried to snap a pic of it, battery died.
Anyhow, all 6 are now in 4" pots. Pics coming.
So, I still have 6 beans left, will start them after I get points on the first 6.

8 Likes

Great work!

4 Likes

The center 6 are the first batch of Puck Lights.
Once I transplant into 1 g pots, I’ll start the other 6 PL’s.

8 Likes

Just another up date, back filling, the 4" pots after a seed tailed.
Now, I add half a portion of EWC to my Sunshine 4 mix, as I back fill.
So, sort of their first food, I guess.
Puck Lights are the center 6!!

Back filled.

Wish everyone the best!
webe

9 Likes

Looking good.

1 Like

Two of the Petrolia Pucks, I topped them a week or so ago. Going to get down to 14.5 hours of daylight in a week, likely flowering will be triggered shortly thereafter (though it seems to vary a little year to year).

8 Likes

they are looking great. I can’t wait to see how they go through flower outdoors!

2 Likes

Hey Comacus, and tester group,
There has been not much to show with seedlings, except when it’s up potting day!!
First, these went into 4" pot around 7/9 or so. I gave them a tablespoon of EWC a week or 2 back, for their first food. Then a couple of days ago, I gave them a 50% (reduced from a full portion) of Peters I mix up for the bigger plants. They loved it, so time for a bigger pot, more nutrients, so into 1 g’s they go!
In about a week, I’ll start the second series of my PuckLight journey, cracking the rest of the gripe sent.
Man, I’m feeling some beasts want to emerge from these!

Will up date in about a month, or if something weird happens.
webe

8 Likes

They’re looking great!

1 Like

Probably should’ve taken a shot from the side to give a better sense of size, but pretty sure this Petrolia Puck is female. Grown quite a bit since last week, might be wrong but seems like it doubled in size, at least. I went through and trimmed out lower budsights and shoots yesterday.

4 Likes

It does look like it doubled in size this week! Hope it is a nice female!

3 Likes

Beautiful!!

3 Likes

About a week or so after up potting. They seem to love the medium I mixed up for them.

They seem to be loving life so far.

Till next time!!
webe

6 Likes