Testing, testing.. is this thing on?

I see, by all means get yourself some Tampa Crippy seed and cross into a correct strain to maintain profile terps, then GET lucky to have a new recombinant of the popcorn pheno inside that lineage…

9 Likes

And here’s the 2nd pheno to salivate your minds :yum:

@Gpaw I think there’s more weight to lollipop plant, so that may be advantageous anyway to strip :thinking:

17 Likes

Oh, there will be some pruning and thinning shortly.
…I have to check out how easy they are to clone… :crossed_fingers:

I’ve been meaning to ask you, how many nodes did you clear from the stem in that 1st photo?

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Very cool to see someone growing these out for @OriginalDankmaster96
I have some of these myself and I look forward to popping them when I have the time.
I am currently still shut down, but I hope to fire up real soon.

Nice job on the thread @Gpaw :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

None. That was left to grow naturally as I wanted to see if the CripXmas traits bulk up the lowers. I think they do some, but the lollipop plant has more lean thus more of that energy went into the crown of tops. The weight differences will be very telling which is more efficient training

The rooting is definitely faster than plain TC at a week to 10 days vs 3 weeks on TC. I know I made notations in my thread when taking cuts of the first one

4 Likes

Here I found my post about rooting time

3 Likes

Tomatillo or other Nightshade, poisonous for pets!

4 Likes

Thanks!
That is a very good possibility…

I kept thinking it was a weird tomato. :wink: I’ve been dabbing a small paintbrush at the tiny flowers. The older bloom sites are growing fruit (24x and growing) but they are different from any tomato I’ve seen.

That’s a credit to JonnyPorSeed’s EWC germination protocol… any viable dormant seed in that mix will pop… I got two regular tomato plants as well…

Cheers
G

8 Likes

@Gpaw goes Large with Style!

Nice setup and progress report old friend, I’m here for the duration!

-Grouchy :v: :green_heart:

2 Likes

Nice Green Plants… :100: :100: :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

Im here for the show. I’ll be over here in the cloud of smoke.

4 Likes

Minor confession time…

OK, I’ve always got some little experiment ‘on the go’ and this grow is no exception.

I’ve been fooling around with supplementing the KIS mix soil I’m using (it’s from Black Swallow Living Soils in Brantford ON).
Great product, love it and of course easy to recycle (especially if you have a large worm bin)

I had a discussion with the owner last spring in regards to revitalizing used soil and he told me some folks were feeding the plants nutrients and they did not need to be as ‘aggressive’ with the ‘re-amendment’ materials as the ‘water only’ folks.

That got me thinking, I had avoided that route initially as I thought there was potential for salt buildup in the soil but he assured me it was OK in moderation. So I grabbed a jug of liquid Pro-mix general ferts.

I also figured out for a ‘water only’ grow, I had to bump the pot size from 5 gallons to 7 for the longer flower strains. I figured with feeding, I could go to smaller pot sizes as well.

This stuff:

The plants are loving it.
I’ve been adding it to the regular daily watering (1:1000) this grow and that is now beginning to drift towards to nitrogen overload (the leaves are darkening up), so I’ll back off to every other watering.

I plan to switch to the 3-6-12 product about the 3rd week of flower…

These are running at or below 12$ ‘beaver bucks’ a jug (1 liter) around here so using it at 1 ml/liter… it will last.

…and bonus, I’m using less KIS mix…

Cheers
G

16 Likes

Coming around the clubhouse turn and heading for the final stretch

The 9 girls have been up-potted to 3 gallon pots… I think I could have gotten away with 2 gallon pots but better safe than sorry:wink:

I’ve got the LePot watering system going like a champ. Two 3 minute slurps seems to be just right. I noticed heavier root development under the drip head, but that is to be expected.

Bud development is in overdrive, this does not look like three weeks to me…

CrippyXmas A2 x BX2s girls are slightly in the lead…
Rack 'em and stack 'em girls!

The complainer in the back left corner :arrow_heading_down: is The sole Tampa Crippy Ax BX2. She was the only one to stretch (25%) and is the heaviest eater of the bunch… :smile: I have her on an enriched diet to get her back to a healthier shade of green.

Cheers
G

27 Likes

Dam you’re just ROCKING this :flushed: Nope never looks like the actual week, always ahead. Good to see you’re excited with how it’s going, hopefully that nudges a few to get these genetics that are available to them. Yeah you see now why I emphasized the difficulty (stretch and feeding) in the TC. Can’t wait to see the regenerative phase, keep watch on the lower portions and later you’ll notice those blew up fast as it finishes. Loving your reports :ok_hand::+1::clap:t2::pray::star_struck:

6 Likes

Very nice plants Gpaw!
That is strain, I never found out in the wild. Looks like fine cultivar!!
All the best to ya!

2 Likes

If it’s finally a tomatillo, he should plant it outside, they’re delicious :yum:, I used to steal the ones from my neighbour (he only comes in holidays) but now I have planted my own …

@Gpaw, you’re doing a great job with those, as usual … beer3|nullxnull

8 Likes

School pictures time…

The ladies are solidly into stacking time now. It’s like they found an overdrive gear… :smile:

Group shot

Tampa CrippyA x BX2 #1 :arrow_heading_down:

CrippyXmas B x BX2 #1 :arrow_heading_down:

CrippyXmas B x BX2 #2 :arrow_heading_down:

CrippyXmas A2 x BX2 #3 :arrow_heading_down:

CrippyXmasB x BX2 #2 :arrow_heading_down:

CrippyXmas A2 x BX2 #4 :arrow_heading_down:

CrippyXmas B x BX2 #5 :arrow_heading_down:

CrippyXmas A2 x BX2 #2 :arrow_heading_down:

CrippyXmas A2 x BX2 #6 :arrow_heading_down:

I need a better ‘photo booth’ this setup is sub-par.

Anyway, the girls are settling into the 3 gallon pots nicely but I suspect they will only need them for a few weeks more at this rate…
Interesting but still undefinable smells are starting as well.

Cheers
G

22 Likes

Your plants are gorgeous!

3 Likes

Thanks.

I haven’t killed them (yet) :wink:.
@OriginalDankmaster96 is the creator of these crosses. I think he has made something rather interesting here.

I’m very much looking forward to the smoke test… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crossed_fingers:

Cheers
G

1 Like

#2 A2 BX2 looks like Xmas pheno

#3 and #4 A2 BX2 look the biggest for buds

I will say you definitely have the yellowing under control. :+1: It can get rather rapid near the end.

Yes, if anyone wants seeds, they are available. I doubt anyone is going to find anything faster flowering next to autos. It’ll be interesting to hear what you clock them at time wise. I suppose everything is still in the clear regarding any hermaphrodite signs ? At least I can breathe easier knowing that isn’t a prevalent issue as I thought it could be :sweat_smile:

6 Likes