Testing, testing.. is this thing on?

No signs of nanners… They are all behaving very nicely.
They are still taking up nitrogen just fine so they are getting what they need at the moment.
Next I’ll make up an alfalfa/kelp tea this week, with a little molasses for the microbes. I’m thinking I should raise the lights as well (PITA)

So far these girls are really ‘easy peasy’ and with this short flowering time
they should be popular not only with the home growers but also the commercial operations too.

Great work dude!

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Looks amazing :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. That Tampa CrippyA x BX2 #1 has some legs on her :rofl:

2 Likes

So first things first… the arrow pointing to if it’s the top or bottom picture, brilliant :ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2:
Screenshot_20240430-152156

Second, I’m stoked to have some of these and can’t wait for their turn!

Nice work @Gpaw ! Keep up the good work!

7 Likes

Excellent! I’ll plan on doing more from TC A BX2 I kept from the 1st plant, which is actually a 6th gen TC A now. Think over a few more generations things will continue to improve. You probably notice less crinkle (enormous Mg feeder) in the TC leaf, which the original had 75% twisted leaf appearance so the Mg requirements are lowered.

Good to know Alfalfa/kelp is helpful keeping them greener. I have Big Mike OG Tea, so I’ll have to start upping my usage of that and humics in my general tea mix :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

So that tells me CripXmas dominates the line between pheno’s. The ease is the hallmark of the experience growing CripXmas, because there’s rarely issues to deal with. Yes, I truly feel the commercial potential is a coming game changer, potency, terps, high gland ratio, low leaf calyx ratio, solid density and flowering time :star_struck: And btw I did give you exclusive permission to use CripXmas male for your OGer so you have my blessing to use one of those A studs when you’re ready :+1:

5 Likes

Today’s sitrep

Grumpy (Tampa Crippy) in the back left is mostly done sulking.
The balance are running nominally. The odd lower leaf is getting sucked clean (bright yellow), a little like foreshadowing of things to come… :wink:

I checked the bud density (no, not by squeezing…) and they are rock solid.

…Basically I give the stem a gentle swaying shake and then get an idea of the mass developing on the end of the branches. A little practice and it’s like second nature.

Trichomes look like 30% cloudy already, these are developing fast.

Other than the TC the rest of the CrippyXmas crosses all have a good vibe, like a feeling of ‘balanced’. There’s structure and leaf differences but they are all ‘happy plants’.

Cheers
G

20 Likes

Nice crop!

2 Likes

Thanks, first time running a 9 plant 4 x 4 but the genetics are good,

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I am running an 8 bucket in a 3x9. We’re sort of similar except you appear to be more successful than me. But, I’m here to learn!

2 Likes

:joy: So interesting the characterization you’ve put on TC. Like a finicky cat to satisfy

You should know what to do by now, remove and lowers will get more light, those will keep filling in until the day you harvest :wink:

Oh yeah, you’re gonna get lean soon, because of the mass of density too :grin:

Yup, the glands are startling to see at the time period. This is how I knew it is confirmed faster flowering. In fact CripXmas A that got on the OG poster last year was at only 35 days

So so interesting! CripXmas WINS over the actual predecessor line. See, my CripXmas WILL TAKE OVER in the end, you’ve confirmed it would be PREFERRED and that alone speaks volumes to the quality. Sunshine is gonna rue the day putting out Tampa Crippy that’s NOT a quality plant or well worked in it’s original state.

Seeing all this makes me STOKED for fruitful things to come. I really appreciate how specifically detailed this log has been from the start. Perfectly accurate and the BEST is still yet come too. I think you’ll have more exciting vibe as it’s upon harvest :grinning::yum::pray::+1:

4 Likes

@Gpaw looks like it’s on to me! Interesting run you have going there.

@OriginalDankmaster96 these plants leaning to sativa or indica affects?

3 Likes

A very interesting question. The A will have more sativa to it, it’s from Xmas Bud actually, even though it grows as a broad leaf Afghanica lineage. Very similar to Jack Herer. The B will have more Indica from PTK/TC dominance, I akin B similar to be doped up on herion being incapacitated to nearly move and heavens help ya, you’ll stumble in a staggering walk. Think of the most “drunk” state you’ve been in and this will probably exceed it, if that gives an idea of affects :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

I had a grand total population size of one for the TC so I wouldn’t bet any money that what I’m seeing is representative of her siblings…

We will see who ‘shines through’ on the eventual smoke test… :+1:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

I’d put 20 on red, cause she’s taller and that is her trait. All the others wouldn’t be like that and shorter, not to mention high feeding requirements, so it’s a 50/50 shot already of being similar to TC A. You’ll know, full of terpinolene, pinine and myrcrene, little limonene or caryophyllene :grin:

1 Like

Exactly
I’d go on the 25% growth spurt as an indicator and then put your spidey senses on alert for further ‘interesting traits’.
I’d focus on what you want to carry forward. I think you potentially have a serious winner here, I really like what I’m seeing.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Yup already ahead of you there :grin: The 1st TC A BX2 is the spitting image of her mother without stretch. It’s been in the cup since March and behaving :smirk:

6 Likes

Pulling up an old bucket in the corner…not sure how I’ve missed this run but glad I found it. Looks great @Gpaw and excited to get to the seeds I have from @OriginalDankmaster96. Send positive energy and good vibes to all here. And I’m out of likes too so here ya go :green_heart: :green_heart:

3 Likes

@Gpaw keep watch on this one circled, its screams A2 phenotype, especially if it’s like an orange haired stepchild finishing, slight spice/pepper odor would confirm likely A2 parent pheno.

8 Likes

That’s CrippyXmas A2 x BX2 #6
… yup, it’s showing reddish brown pistils and I have 3 of her sisters in there as well. They have very minor differences in structure and leaf shape but show strong family similarity.

My camera has just gone ‘stupid’ again… which means; pull the battery and let it sit for a week… :laughing:

They are just starting to produce a little odour now I’m really looking forward to see how they finish…

The clones are coming along, I’m thinking of dropping 3 of them into 5 gallon SIPs this summer, just to see how they handle bugs etc.

Cheers
G

6 Likes