Thai x Indian x African

Your comment definitely makes me keep my impatience to the side… why sell myself short chopping a week early after all them weeks of growth right?
I’m still confused with #2 because she keeps on putting out white hairs and it seems like some branches are more mature than others based off trichome content and looks. This morning I chopped some lower branches before light out as they appeared ready. In your experience do some plants call for a “staggered” harvest?

2 Likes

Haha! Ive never been able to run anything 12+wks flowering let alone 20! Just use your best judgement and dont give in to sudden urges to pull out too soon. You have a great investment here. I would go off trichomb maturity without any other input from more sativa growers. Some may be hard to judge and might not amber up like you expect. If they look happy then most likely they’re not finished yet! Lol. One rarely hears of pulling too late :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Lol you got me giggling with your ending comment :call_me_hand:t4:
I must Concur, I was also advised that with pure sativas you watch for the “fade” in the plant to judge the chop date. If that’s the case I’m guessing to get close to 20 weeks :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing: brother almost done gifted me some viet Dalat that I heard goes 20+ weeks!!!

3 Likes

With each passing day I see more of the flowers looking like this. I’m thinking I’ll clip a few branches that look like this. The rest I’ll let go to 20 weeks. Currently starting week 19

9 Likes

That’s very pretty!

1 Like

Tribal Charm 2
Smelling like old carpet, musty basement, hints of dog piss

8 Likes

Tribal Charm 3

Tribal Charm 2

Both plants are now in the week 20 territory. I’m taking down #3 in the next few days. I’ll let the #2 finish 21 weeks. Wowza!!! is all I can say when it comes to these long flowering sativas. Patience is key and probably not a good idea for a newbie like me to start growing with sativas. But I suppose in the long run it’s worth it when enjoying the fruits of thy labor.

9 Likes

Great job… now whatever you grow your gonna think… “Dam those finished fast!”

3 Likes

@4ftfarmer
Hadnt thought of that outlook!! But absolutely correct! Thank you for sharing that!

3 Likes

Gotta say, after doing the SE Asian Cure technique on my fluffy Tribal Charm 2, the smoking experience is a lot more pleasant. Smoother. Tastier. Easier to break up.
Whiplash from older folks is expected when seeing this pulled out. Guess I know what I’m giving for Xmas gifts :wink:

15 Likes

How did you do that? Should they come with a warning stick could beat you to the ground if overindulgence occurs?

3 Likes

Woah horsey! I want to be on your Xmas list! :laughing: :vulcan_salute:

Beautiful work!

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Umm sounds interesting :thinking: what’s it all about?
BRB Googleing it lol

It’s Thai stick method?

2 Likes

So a group calls themselves “Landrace Mafia” and I learned from them. I will include link here that hopefully will work! :crossed_fingers:t4:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CShRPiRhDG3/?utm_medium=copy_link

8 Likes

Very interesting. :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Dang link won’t work for me

I’m gonna screen shot the description and post it here since probably not everyone has Instagram. :call_me_hand:t4::+1:t4::v:t4:

But just wanted to report that this stick has a nice smooth smoke. Smell reminds me of green tea and the smell from exploded fireworks, so I guess black powder?? Initial hit is nice cerebral activity but in all honesty no legs. Very short lived cerebral activity but What a nice rush it gives. If anything it’s great daytime smoke, feel good to do mundane stuff like cleaning house and dishes. LoL I’m betting I cut the branches too early, luckily she still flowering and still has plenty of buds left to make more sticks.

3 Likes

:call_me_hand:t4:

4 Likes

Great job and kudos for waiting to pick. Its tough to time harvest properly when different parts of the same plant or even the same bud ripen at different times.
My favorite for potency by looks was #2. Are you curing the others? Save any of #2 for comparison sake?

2 Likes

So 2 and 3 are left. I cut some lowers to examine under scope and still mostly clear surprisingly with some sporting Amber heads, very few though. But I noticed in appearance the 3 starting to shrink in size it appears to me. She not so “swollen” like before. I’m open to the possibility that this was not a “fruitful” pollen chuck but then again maybe it’s me​:grimacing::joy::man_shrugging: But my other plants flowers look great, so I dunno. Any thoughts?

3 Likes