That BBD Energy 🔵

Those pots are 3.9 gallon. It’s just starting to feel like I’m a hydro grower, but I am not ready to give up on this system, just yet.

2 Likes

oh I see you have been checking ec and ph. sorry I didnt read the thread, just the end here

2 Likes

My starting water is coming from an RO system, and I had just callibrated my ph pen a week or 2 ago. I do think the RO system could use a filter change though. I should see if I can find the replacements and figure out how to do that.

2 Likes

It’s all good. I appreciate any input. Sometimes I get so caught up, looking in one direction, that I miss something easy.

2 Likes

I use a slightly different grow method as you but I mix RO/filtered water with tap, about 50/50 or 40/60.
I didn’t read if you checked your starting water, but when the ro filter goes out its supposed to increasenreadings

2 Likes

You can also fill your tent with one giant organic soil bed as well and stop using synthetic ferts.

For example: BeagleZ Corner

I wouldn’t use all the amenments he does though, I’d install a worm tower in the middle and keep filling it up with a wide variety of kitchenscraps, that provides all minerals and nitrogen.

5 Likes

I don’t think I am ready for all that, but I will check out that grow. Interesting stuff.

4 Likes

He keeps getting very good results, worth watching!

3 Likes

Just calibrated my pen again
starting RO water is
pH - 7.5
ec - 0.251

then checked the water in the res atm
pH - 6.25
ec - 1.315

4 Likes

Diff nutrients get utilized or not within a ph range depending on where it falls. Theres a chart somewhere A place for my Freaker grow - #360 by George

From the post before that chart it seems some people recommend a 5.8-6.0 ph for coco during flower. Reading just a bit more others seem fine with your 6.2.
I’d probably trying lowering, but your plants definitely dont look bad and I’m sure they will finish strong even if you don’t change anything

3 Likes

yeah, i was recalling when I first switched from hydro to coco, i was told that i should change to soil ph zones, but it was just clarified to me that is only when running coco with an organic setup. using bottom fed salts I was advised to target the range you mentioned, so I adjusted the res, and last reading was 5.78

3 Likes

So a EC of 1.3 is roughly 700 ppms depending on pen manufacturer which seems low to me. What brand pen you using?

I have much much smaller plants in veg that I use 7-800 ppms for.

Stick it out man they will come along.

1 Like

This is the pen I use, and yeah, it is low at the moment because the last 2 fills were a massive jump from super low feed, to jacks 4-2-1, then worrying that the jump was too much at once, so I dropped in 5 gallons of plain ph’ed water, to bring it back down.

2 Likes

I’m letting the plants simmer today. Once the reservoir has about 1/3 to 1/2 available, I think I’ll mix up some jacks around 3 - 3 - 1.2, and slowly build up to that through the next couple top offs.

7 Likes

Those bud sites look awesome. :sunglasses: :metal:

2 Likes

The close one on the right side, and back left, have a lemon pinesol smell if I touch the buds.
The close one on the left does not really give me anything, just yet.

2 Likes

that’s great. i think the lemon pinesol comes from the OG in the chem fuego cross, [(sour diesel x OG kush) x chem 91]. i’m glad that scent is showing. i kept hearing how nice the " lemon" is, but i don’t know if they meant lemon pinesol.

3 Likes

The one on the right, 100% reminds me of cleaner, more than a candy smell. I will check the back left one first, next time.

4 Likes

I definitely had a sweeter version of the lemon. It wasn’t so much cleaner as it was a lemon head candy but very strong.

Pretty cool to see variants.

2 Likes

Im also terrible at identifying smells, and could be just creating unnecessary confusion :man_shrugging:

1 Like