The Apothecarium - Indoors / Organic / Medical

yeah. that sounds like a plan. you may be the only person in existence left with OX seeds.
i sure hope you have some viable seeds. be a shame to see that strain slip out of existence.

thanks again for sharing with me and giving me/us a chance at them. sorry i couldn’t get them going.

had conversation with someone on RIU that seemed pretty knowledgeable. she said something about GA3 being able to get 25yr old seeds to go for her and a few others. sent me this article and then her recipe

recipe:
If you are sure they are that old I’d scuff the seams of the seed with an emery board. I’d then mist them with H2O2 or 70% Isopropyl and dry, then I’d soak them in a 500 PPM solution of GA3 for 3-6 hours max. Then into Jiffy Pellets on a heating mat set to 60 in the dark. If I saw nothing by day 4 I’d use a pipette and put a drop or two of the GA3 solution on the pellet where you dropped the seed or close by.

This is on drought stressed hemp germination. With aged seeds you are in some ways simulating drought stress: Life | Free Full-Text | Effects of Gibberellin Pre-Treatment on Seed Germination and Seedling Physiology Characteristics in Industrial Hemp under Drought Stress Condition

3 Likes

I know a few people who swear by this as well, have not tried it personally, haven’t had to tbch I’ve been blessed. But it must work

3 Likes

Thank you for the GA3 info link and the seed cracking recipe.

I know of 1 other person who also got the OX at the same time, from the same site that i did. So if mine don’t pop, his might be bunk also. Time will tell.

EDIT @Til_Valhalla , if you’re feeling like taking a chance, i can send you a few Harlox (Harlequin cbd x OX male). The strain was created AFTER the OX was so the seeds (should be) a bit newer.
But they were bought from the same place as the OX so it’s a gamble. Your call.

1 Like

Thanks for the offer, but @Bobgrows beat you to it. she was able to cross a few off abuela’s list AND dropped in some Harlequin CBD in to boot.

thank you though.

tag me when you start the OX resurrection project. very curious how it turns out.
are you considering that GA3 stuff? there were a few people that chimed in on that RUI conversation that vouched for this method. many of them had been or were trying to do old seed preservation runs.

i wonder if the GA3 would help those guys trying to do that kentucky red hair strain preservation… hmmm
ever heard of this GA3 stuff guys @ChinookKing @Addams_family_farm ?
(link posted above ^^^)

2 Likes

I am considering it (using GA3) but would need to source it first.
Bobgrows is a kind soul. One of many here on OG that inspires me.

1 Like

hey man,

i was reading through this thread, got about halfway through and said - @BudWhisperer needs to read this before he messes with the GA3. some really good info in there about the effects of the GA3 on the seedlings and plants.

2 Likes

Very interesting read. Thank you for posting the link.

1 Like

right? i thought so too. the GA3 affects a lot more than just the germination.

1 Like

I’m out of likes.
Indeed. I can deal w the extreme stretch but not the possibly very dramatic increase in number of males.

1 Like

yeah… especially if a preservation run is required. :open_mouth:
going to complicate things.

Zone1 - Update

we… have… DIRTBURST! looks like 2020M T-Dub came to play. had to assist a bit with helmet removal. didn’t f^ck anything up (this time). tomorrow will see some cotyledons and first set forming.
the Soma Lavender F2 seedling started leggy, and is now getting too heavy to support itself. will form a crutch for it later today. i am prepping their permapot soil out in the garage. it’s recycled so letting it cook a bit longer. plus i want t-dub a bit bigger before transplant. grow some rooooots (bloodyroooots!) and we will stick you in the big girl pot.
Lavender gettin’ after it. love to see it. thanks again @misterbee. have high hopes for this one.

Zone 2 - Update

Top shelf clone moms are getting their limbs back on. they got top dressed at the top of the month and are munching away happily. i’ve never kept a clone mom before… so all the chaotic awkward re-growth has my defoliation OCD in friggin overdrive… but i’m letting it do it’s thang. trying to be patient. only cleaning up areas to improve air circulation because F^CK fungus gnats. if you know, you know.

Bottom shelf - autos are getting close to finish. GCA growing some nice donkey dick colas and BDA a bit closer to finish with the respectable golf ball nugs. you can smell them when you walk into the room. pretty stanky, but of course, smells nice to me. i think maybe another week for BDA. 2 weeks for GCA. already thinking about the next autos to roll in there. i just might be able to slip some Scarlet Grapes in there… heh. we shall see. i know for sure Zkittles auto is up. my stash is gone. i kinda like that one.

Green Crack Auto - donkey dickin’ it!!

Blue Dream Auto - Golf Ballin’ it!!

Dukester wants some fresh salad…

Zone 3 - Update

top shelf - the gelat.og clones are outgrowing their solos and the flower zone in garage is backed up… i might need to snip these again down low to keep them small. when the Ken’s GDP seedling gets big enough it will take the place of the gelat.og clone mom. i will flower her out in the garage most likely. GDP project takes precedence.

Bottom Shelf - Ken’s GDP seedling, XOX GDP seedling and Blim GDP master clone that will be kept in veg till the spring. it will go outside in early spring to flower.

Zone 4 - Update

left side - mix of clones in week 3 of flower. all look super healthy and enjoyed their top dress at top of month. no scents coming out yet.

right side - all GDP clones. loving their new soil and finally succumbing to full flower in week 2. i decided to scrog net them after all and had fun twisting and bending and defoliating. they responded well to it despite being late in the game. Blimburn may be a scoffed at “puppy mill seed bank” but this line of their GDP is completely consistent pheno, grows vigorous and healthy and has always provided good meds for abuela. my only complaint about the blim GDP is its potency. it is fine smoke. smooth, tasty and give a real nice muscle and body relaxing high… GREAT for sleepies. it’s just not the most potent in the medicine cabinet. it could stand a little bump up. this seems to be the case with most “purple” strains… it’s not an ass stomper like wedding cake, but still respectable. friends that have sampled have really liked it, but have the same observation - “this is really nice and tasty… but not really as strong as some of the other stuff you grow… my neck/back/knees/headache/nausea feels really good though… >hits bone again<”

wide angle shot.

til next time…

7 Likes

Ok, Im going to have to follow along here. First ill have to catch up. Then im taking a seat and settling in for the ride…

2 Likes

thanks for stopping by.

prepare yourself for some DIY n00b sh^t.
my first perpetual followed (hopefully) by some GDP on GDP seed run(s).

1 Like

Zone1 - Update

T-Dub has done its dirtburst and is getting its foliage on. Lavender has been transplanted to its permapot. Trying a new soil mix on these. Will see how it works out.

2 Likes

Zone 2 Update

top shelf clone moms require another haircut. will be taking cuttings this coming week.

bottom shelf autos still creeping towards the finish line. BDA still in the lead. pistils are almost all done changing color. GCA just keeps packing it on. i am fine with this.

BDA

GCA

Zone 3 Update

top shelf had to be topped. they were growing up over the lights. they were healthy and vigorous, but there’s no more room in zone4 for flower. they’re going to have to wait. do some lateral branching while you wait.

Zone 4 Update

committed to producing flower.

Left side Week 4 flower. still nice and healthy. flowers bulking up. looking good. starting to throw off a little stank.

Right side Week 3 flower. this side seems to be taking it’s time. kinda odd considering cuttings from same plant. perhaps the drop in temps have slowed them down where left side got started in warmer weather? i dunno. will see what this week brings.

Bud PrOn
a little bit of 4week old GDP frost on the left side. i knew i kept this mom for a reason… :wink:

Til next time

5 Likes

Zone1 Update

Soma Lavender F2 is well on it’s way. seems to be doing ok in the new soil(less) mix. i topped it at 6 internodes as usual. (vertical space constraints in this space) seems to be handling it in stride. still unsure sex. it’s keeping it a surprise. :\

2020M T-Dub is working it’s way up and out. got a stout main stem … hopefully forshadowing of an oncoming beast. i’m ok with that.

Zone2 Update

Top - GDP clone mom gave up some more cuttings. it was high time. (ba dump tish) did the usual thing with the cuttings. clone domed. and getting their roots on in zone3.
Gelat.OG clone mom ready for another haircut, but the bottleneck is real. topped all the long branches to promote laterals for when i am able to take more cuttings.

Bottom - GCA still needs more time. BDA is ready, but waiting for it’s replacement to pop. i have GCA replacement germinating as well. once they have tails, i will transplant to perma pots and harvest both BDA and GCA. it will be a “close enough” situation for GCA. i am fine with this.

GCA almost ready

BDA ready

Zone3 Update

Top - Gelat.OG seedlings in solos were topped again and stuck down below on a new tray that seems to be the answer to space issues. clone dome is back and full of GDP cuttings. also tried to save some cuttings from the GxKK cuttings that i f^cked up and put into flower in zone4. hopefully they root and reverse themselves. i only had one seed pop form that batch. the plant was full of vigor. hope the re-veg works.

Bottom - all the Gelat.OG cuttings that were up top are now down below. they got topped (again) trying to encourage some lateral branching. XOX GDP looks to be male. i am fine with this. going to keep topping him until i’m ready to let him get it on with some choice Ken and “abuela’s cut” GDP clones.
the apothecarium’s first seed run is coming…
back row has XOX GDP (male) recovering from a topping, Ken’s GDP female still unf^cking itself from flowering prematurely, and “abuela’s cut” GDP gen2 backup clone.

Zone4 Update

Dedicated to making flower

Left - Week 5 flower. what a difference a week and some really cold night time temperatures makes. got some purple coloration coming in hard on the GDP.

Right - Week 4 flower. chugging along. getting some good frost coming in.

GDP Bud PrOn

til next time

4 Likes

Zone 1 Update

Lavender got a little light scorched while i was away. i have removed if from it’s pedestal and put it down where it belongs… i see it is already taller than where the SCROG net goes.

T-Dub is starting to get going. needs some more time up closer to the light by the looks of it.
as far as the new soil mix is concerned, seems to be doing ok. i haven’t grown either strain before so don’t really have a comparison, but can observe it seems to bo doing what i was expecting.

Zone 2 Update

Top Shelf -
both clone moms still clone momming. gelat.og needs another haircut. and we still have a bottleneck in flower zone4. and another set of gelat.og clones still waiting their turn in solos.
obviously sorting this issue out is next task on drawing board.

Bottom Shelf -
it is CHOP DAY for both autos. i did intend to have their replacements ready to go when it was time. it appears that one of the 2 replacements came to play… still waiting on second to do it’s dirtburst.
going to be a busy day chopping/washing/drying and getting the pots and soil ready for the next run.

Zone 3 Update

Top Shelf -
cuttings all have roots, including (much to my surprise) the cuts i took from the GxKK in flower. will have to mess with transplanting them all to solos sometime this week.

Bottom Shelf -
the clones in the solos need transplant, but still not in the cards. they need some nutes TLC. kind of a pain in the balls with the organics. i’ll get it sorted out.

Zone 4 Update

dedicated to making flower

Left Side -
Week 6 Flower. magical sh^t going on colors. frost. stank. get some.

Right Side -
week 5 flower. these cuttings missed the cold spell window that gave the left side the fancy colors. too bad. but they are fattening, frosting and stanking up just as nice. i am fine with this.

til next time.

7 Likes

Zone 1 - Update

turns out that the soma lavender f2 is a male. going to take cuttings and collect pollen at a later date.
t-dub is getting ready to veg hard, so i need it’s counterpart. still trying to decide what i’m going to replace the lavender male with. its gotta be a fem seed to catch up to t-dub… i’m thinking a revisit of white widow (its on the list) as i need to use up that open pack… there are many other candidates.

as far as the new soil mix is concerned… it’s working, but i think they do better with some actual soil content with the amendments i use… i might be premature in my assessment, so will keep an open mind and watchful eye.

Zone 2 - Update

top shelf i really need to repot the GDP mom and clean up the cluster F that is it’s lower larf branches. ventilation. going to be a bit longer. i did some scrog net weaving with the gelat.og mom… but still needs a haircut. just a few more weeks… until some harvest in the flower zone and things can move ahead.

bottom shelf both the new autos have done their dirtburst as of this evening. zkittlez is ahead by a week. the DWS from 2020mendocino just dirtburst today. not much to look at… yet.

Zone 3 - Update

i have potted all the GDP cuttings into solo cups. long overdue. i had roots by day 6. they needed transplant several days ago, but it’s done now. they are going to need some adjustment time. the leaves were starting to yellow as they needed some nutrients.
all the gelat.OG clones in solos have gone into their flower permapots. they will have some time to root hard and do some more vegging before the move out to flower zone.
that’ll do.

Zone 4 - Update

left side week 7 flower. color and stank. a GOOD stank. frosting up VERY nicely. i’m wondering if the late dose of langbeinite has anything to do with that…

right side week 6 flower. stank and frost. this side missed out on the color change window we had of cold nighttime temps. too bad, but it’s making up for it with the level of frost. i am fine with this.

til next time.

6 Likes

Zone 1 - Update

Having some problems getting lavender’s replacement going. decided on white widow. had 2 seeds left. neither popped. went through the inventory again. decided on another 2020 mendocino offering - “bubba whip” a pre-98 bubba cross. it is currently in the paper towels. bucket is ready for it when it comes time for transplant.

T-Dub on the other hand is starting to dig it’s roots in and take off. certainly seems to lean sativa with the lighter green coloration. no matter. i have heard good things about trainwreck. hopefully this one lives up. i have topped it twice so far. going to start LST on the upper branches pretty soon.

Zone 2 - Update

Top Shelf -
GDP and Gelat.OG clone moms still clone momming. i am thinking to pull the gelat.OG when the Ken’s GDP finally decides it want to grow up and start making cuttings. that may be pretty soon. it’s finally decided to start throwing normal shaped leaves and branches. i still do not know why it decided to flower as a seedling… touchy plant.

Bottom Shelf -
my SOG experiment plants in 32oz containers have all popped. got them sitting on top of the auto buckets to get some light. they will eventually go into zone 3 when there is room for them.
the autos have both popped and are in seedling stage. zkittles on the right is a week ahead of the 2020mendocino “double whiskey sour” auto. i had originally intended to have the 2020m “trizkit” auto going on the left side bucket. it damped off and died. (bummer)

space = problem. but i gotta get through abuela’s list. this is the way. i’ll do better with space in the flower zone next run. i have ideas.

Zone 3 - Update

Top Shelf -
space = problem. i have cuttings growing roots and rooted cuttings in soil solos taking up space when they belong on bottom shelf.

Bottom Shelf -
bottom shelf fully stocked and backed up with plants that should be in zone 4 in flower. things need to be refined…

Zone 4 - Update

dedicated to making flower

Left Side -
week 8 flower. need to harvest to open up the bottleneck, but going to go 9 weeks with the GDP. it turns out better this way IMO. i really want to pull them though and free up the space. nope. 9 weeks for abuela’s cut. giving off wall of stank. lots of frost and color. very pretty crop.

Right Side -
week 7 flower. what this side lacks in color it is making up in frost. i am still fine with this.

Til next time

6 Likes

Looking great! I can totally understand the space issue. I have 2 month old mother plants in solo cups still as there’s no place to move them.

1 Like