The Apothecarium - Indoors / Organic / Medical

ok. left it overnight.
just got back from work/chores and opened up the jar.
nothing.
i put it back in the paper towel and ziplocked. it’s back up on top of computer for warmth.

see what happens in 24hrs. if not, will toss and start a new OX seed.

bummer man. :frowning:

2 Likes

Hopefully they will open up for you.

1 Like

i have 2 OX seeds left. i hope one opens up too… :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Zone1 - Update

Chop Day (week 10/11)
i wanted to have the replacements in pots and ready to rock when this was harvested, but it wasn’t to be so. with OX failing to germinate it’s setting things back. ok. i can use the lapse to get other things done.

in the meantime, AH and GxKK are getting chopped, washed and hung to dry. took about an hour. both plants produced enough for 3 hangers each. not bad for a 2gal pot.
AH had sweet fruity scents with the wash. GxKK had predominantly gas/fuel with a touch of sweet. this one had very strong scent. hope the terps are jacked up too.

cleaned and bleached zone1 to get ready for the replacements. Lavender has done it’s dirtburst, so i set it up a little pedestal to get closer to the light. turned the lights down to not scorch the seedling. will see what it does. gotta get the soil and pots ready for transplant in another week or two. hopefully i can get an OX seed going.

Zone1 chop day

Zone1 chop day - AH

Zone1 chop day - GxKK

AH Bud Pron

GxKK Bud Pron

Harvest Results

AH left GxKK right

Zone1 Cleaned up

Lavender seedling propped up

that’s all for now.

7 Likes

Zone 4 - Update

Week 2 Flower
left side is in week 2 flower. everything seems real healthy. no more nutes issues showing up.

Week 1 Flower
right side is in week 1 flower. seems they like the new soil. nutes issues disappearing.

5 Likes

Still so impressed by your set-up. Thanks for sharing all that hard-won knowledge and showing such inspiring plants, bro.
Happy new year to you and yours and all the best in it. Kick 2024’s ass and take its name. :four_leaf_clover:
Stay up
Coffin_Dodger
:ghost::raccoon:

1 Like

lol… for real?
i see everyone else with their shiny tents and wifi controllers and CO2 cannisters and carbon filters producing picture perfect buds… and then there’s my sh*t… :open_mouth:

regardless… thanks for the compliment. appreciate you.
perhaps i need to look at things differently.

this is the way. Alz/Dem affects a LOT of families. gotta get everybody up to speed. if i can help abuela and others improve their situations, i’m on it.

thank you. Happy New Year to you and yours as well.
cheers.

4 Likes

Zone1 - Update

the Soma Lavender F2 seedling is getting after it. it’s a bit leggy despite being propped up closer to the light, but this can of course be remedied when transplanted to permapot (coming soon - waiting on amendments from amazon - local hydro shop picked clean)

i have had zero luck with The OX (again). no pop. no tails. :frowning:

that being the case, i am looking for alternates - going back to abuela’s list strains, and going through all my seeds, i came up with 2 list and 2 non-list but recommended medical strains.
White Widow
GG4
Critical Kush
Trainwreck (T-Dub)

had to sit down and discuss with wife the symptomatic issues currently facing with abuela. typically doing this sees me growing something that turns obsolete while it is still growing as her symptoms change and she continues to decline. for example, a bunch of what i grew last summer was to increase her appetite… now she has a G-tube for feeding. appetite strains no longer necessary… despite growing 12 of them. :sob:

however, my main response to this is which ones she actually responds best to… and those seem to be the old school sativa leaners. acapulco gold, super silver haze, lemon haze, blue dream…
this weeded the choices down to white widow and trainwreck. ( i am betting that she would respond well to old school jack herer as well, but still looking for the seeds)

wife chose trainwreck to add some energy and fight fatigue. i chose trainwreck because i have read a bunch about it as a good med strain and am partial to 2020mendocino. i really like their stuff.

2020medocino T-Dub. you have been tapped. stand, and be counted. may you sprout quickly, grow strong and provide the medicine we seek.

all for now.

5 Likes

Sucks about those ox, sending positive vibes for those t- dub to be big bountiful beauties :crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

yeah… i’m pretty bummed man. this is the 2nd time i have tried to grow OX without success. my first year growing, my sister sent me all her OX and OX crosses (mostly freebies from SHN). the seeds were very old. same results. nothing popped.

regardless, a big grateful “thank you sir!” to @BudWhisperer for sharing his stash with me for a try. sorry i wasn’t able to get them to go man. :frowning:

thanks for the vibes on t-dub. i have great expectations of 2020m. they have yet to let me down or disappoint. i just grew out “the spice!” F2 this last summer. what a great little plant and wonderful smoke. tasty. POTENT. and lasts.
i expect their trainwreck will be just as much of an asskicker.

3 Likes

That sucks they didn’t pop! DM me your address and i’ll send you the other 9 ? OX to try.

EDIT i got them during a big clearance sale in Fall (2022) from The Seed Cellar in MI so they were probably really old.

5 Likes

Much respect @BudWhisperer

5 Likes

nah… i don’t want to waste the rest of your stash. if there ARE any viable seeds left, they belong to you. i don’t think i would wait too much longer to see if you can get them to go though.

thanks for sending and trying though. appreciate you.

4 Likes

Ok then i will attempt to pop the 8-9 OX myself in a month or two. And make seeds using any plants that do grow.

3 Likes

yeah. that sounds like a plan. you may be the only person in existence left with OX seeds.
i sure hope you have some viable seeds. be a shame to see that strain slip out of existence.

thanks again for sharing with me and giving me/us a chance at them. sorry i couldn’t get them going.

had conversation with someone on RIU that seemed pretty knowledgeable. she said something about GA3 being able to get 25yr old seeds to go for her and a few others. sent me this article and then her recipe

recipe:
If you are sure they are that old I’d scuff the seams of the seed with an emery board. I’d then mist them with H2O2 or 70% Isopropyl and dry, then I’d soak them in a 500 PPM solution of GA3 for 3-6 hours max. Then into Jiffy Pellets on a heating mat set to 60 in the dark. If I saw nothing by day 4 I’d use a pipette and put a drop or two of the GA3 solution on the pellet where you dropped the seed or close by.

This is on drought stressed hemp germination. With aged seeds you are in some ways simulating drought stress: Life | Free Full-Text | Effects of Gibberellin Pre-Treatment on Seed Germination and Seedling Physiology Characteristics in Industrial Hemp under Drought Stress Condition

3 Likes

I know a few people who swear by this as well, have not tried it personally, haven’t had to tbch I’ve been blessed. But it must work

3 Likes

Thank you for the GA3 info link and the seed cracking recipe.

I know of 1 other person who also got the OX at the same time, from the same site that i did. So if mine don’t pop, his might be bunk also. Time will tell.

EDIT @Til_Valhalla , if you’re feeling like taking a chance, i can send you a few Harlox (Harlequin cbd x OX male). The strain was created AFTER the OX was so the seeds (should be) a bit newer.
But they were bought from the same place as the OX so it’s a gamble. Your call.

1 Like

Thanks for the offer, but @Bobgrows beat you to it. she was able to cross a few off abuela’s list AND dropped in some Harlequin CBD in to boot.

thank you though.

tag me when you start the OX resurrection project. very curious how it turns out.
are you considering that GA3 stuff? there were a few people that chimed in on that RUI conversation that vouched for this method. many of them had been or were trying to do old seed preservation runs.

i wonder if the GA3 would help those guys trying to do that kentucky red hair strain preservation… hmmm
ever heard of this GA3 stuff guys @ChinookKing @Addams_family_farm ?
(link posted above ^^^)

2 Likes

I am considering it (using GA3) but would need to source it first.
Bobgrows is a kind soul. One of many here on OG that inspires me.

1 Like

hey man,

i was reading through this thread, got about halfway through and said - @BudWhisperer needs to read this before he messes with the GA3. some really good info in there about the effects of the GA3 on the seedlings and plants.

2 Likes