The Bank of Stank

The JOTI Afghani was surprisingly ripe at 53 days. Maybe overripe a tad, but I’m wanting a knock out stone here. Smells hashy with ungodly sticky nugs. Nice bud density and decent size. When I scoped the trichs I was surprised to see lots of them had purple stalks.

28 Likes

A quick report on this MendoBreath from Clonify. It seems legit, at least it smokes great, smells great, looks great. Tops are extremely dense and fairly big. The plant would do great trained under a net. Beneath the tops are dense popcorn sized nugs. I’m smoking a few early buds and it still lays you down. It smells so strongly of kushy fuely must. Tastes like it smells. It’s great smooth smoke, just makes you a bit tired after a while. Nighty night.

31 Likes

So glad I picked up a pack of that!

1 Like

I may have to pick a pack up!

1 Like

I cut down another Big Nose Kate today, almost the same as the first. I noticed she still was holding on to her cotelydons. Made me think about life and how we’re still small children under it all. So deep, I know. Very very high as well.

30 Likes

I took down a BOG Sour Bubble #1 of 2 today at 58 days. I had to strip off a pound of leaves to even get to this point of being able to show the structure. My first BOG sample grow and I’ve learned quite a bit for next round.

1. Don’t grow them straight up. Next time I’ll be topping, training, and pulling leaves like mad to spread her open and keep it light.
  2. Veg them big before flip. Since this was a sample I did not give much veg time. There was hardly any stretch at all.

The SB #2 has a better structure with more side branching but effectively the same takeaways from above. It needs another week yet so I stripped off tons of fans to let the lowers fatten up a bit more in that time.

20 Likes

Looks good, though. Have you ever smoked that Sour Bubble? I never have, always been curious about that strain.

4 Likes

I’m really excited to try it. I can’t even quite describe the smell of it. Has me a little baffled.
I have a mystical story that goes along.

[Clears throat]
[Sound of God] THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO…

Nahhhhh. My first experience trading with anyone in this field was over 10 years ago with this local grower who was this legendary hermit type feller. He grew the best bud I ever smoked. He brought some that he called “God’s Vagina” that was cured to perfection and was fresh citrus candy, sour fuel, musty earth, mouth watering all at the same time. He gave me the remaining half pack of seeds the bud was grown from and some flower. Right on the label: BOG Sour Bubble. This grow is using new seed stock though. I was too inexperienced and didn’t store the old gifted one’s correctly.

So I guess I smoked it before. But this dude could cure to perfection. Roasting a bowl would just glow with barely a spark needed to start. I bet anything he grew would be so good. He always said dry as slow as possible without getting mold. I’ve never had the time or patience to hang whole plants and slow…slow…dry. Someday I’ll find the patience and level up.

14 Likes

Nice plant, and awesome story.
Never got to get my hands on any sour bubble closest thing I got is Sour Bubble x Big Kush, that I got from Pedro, and am growing them out right now.
What was your flower time on them?

3 Likes

Yeah I saw that cross in your grow. Looking great. This first Sour Bubble was chopped at 58 days. Pretty darn fast, and you maybe could have taken it before that if there was a rush.

6 Likes

How did I miss this report! That mendo breath is beautiful! Glad to hear it’s potent and your pleased. After you dry it, leave a bud out on the table or just couple buds in a larger container, let it “over dry” a bit and loose the strong dank. Tell me if it comes out smelling and tasting like a vanilla/caramel latte!

4 Likes

I have done it by accident and it definitelty takes on a nutty flavor like I’ve seen described. I did smell a bit of vanilla as well but no latte. I’m excited to try the 9 week stuff because the 7 week was already a good stone.

But I prefer the dankness of keeping the humidity in the sweet spot.

3 Likes

My buddy that introduced me to it said he only let it go 7-8 weeks, and that stuff was complete knock out! If your early sample was 7wk, watch out!

3 Likes

My man Schmarmy, it always takes me a lot of time to go thru any thread and this one always keeps me glued to it. You have a very impressive line up of photos to sort thru, and your plants are just as impressive.

Just thought I’d stop by and give you props. :v:

5 Likes

Thanks for the kind words, and for following along! Respect.

2 Likes

The last Big Nose Kate comes down. She’s got the smallest buds of the bunch, but she makes up for it by reeking of grape candy. I love how she went totally yellow as a banana. All the Big Nose Kates just slammed through what I assumed was a hot soil mix. Them be some hungry ladies. I honestly have not had a bad run of plants growing from @paintedfire420 C99 male crosses. I sure hope he is well.

21 Likes

Yes his stuff is as legit as it gets

1 Like

What have you grown of his?

Took down my 2nd BOG Sour Bubble at 9 weeks on the nose. Honestly it could have used another week but I’m impatient and I’m sure it will be just grand either way.

I haven’t even smoked any and I’m already hooked on BOG! Next season I’ll be doing Sour Bubble again and LifeSaver me thinks. Maybe some Bogglegum too, I don’t know. I just want another shot to run these as proper bushes. I can already tell they’re going to smoke great.

26 Likes

That looks spot on to what I had for bog 15 yrs ago

The cure colors look nice frosty asf

5 Likes