The Bank of Stank

Every shot I see of these purple unicorns are pretty!

2 Likes

Pretty really dont mean a thing when it comes to buzz.

Purple has always been inferior to “green”, always. Just a novelty always has been.
After you’ve seen enough plants they’re all pretty in their own sort of way.
Just like women but some are just dog ugly.

10 Likes

This I am learning real fast. I have not gotten to expierence the smoke report sides of purples of my own plants. since have first one I’ve grown finishing up i tend to see on here alot thou. I got this purple gorilla lucky star rainbow whatever, it’s absolutely beautiful. Then a few months later read there smoke report and the excitement is no longer there. I’m on the boat of looks can be deceiving it’s that smoke report that matter!

Just got to learn see test for yourself.

2 Likes

Looks like smooth sailing as I enter the last couple weeks of flower this round.

I’m real excited to try this Mendo Breath, real impressive looking and smelling so far. The plant makes really nice and heavy tops on strong branches.

The Doc Holiday x C99 cross are heavy eaters. Fading fast but finishing fast as well. Looks like they’ll make it just fine.

The JOTI Afghani is just a frost monster

Some Purple Unicorn that a few others have this clone now as well.

And a Sour Bubble top. Leafy indica but really solid top cola, finishing quick.

26 Likes

Dang, ALL look super dank!!!
Very nice run :+1::+1::+1:

:v::v::v:

1 Like

Thanks bud! Now I just got to keep my snipping hands tied until the buds are actually ready! But I do love early samples too.

8 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I hear you, I still get itchy trimming fingers at times, especially for a new dank strain I haven’t tried yet.

2 Likes

I just harvested my first plant of this round, @paintedfire420 Big Nose Kate (Doc Holiday x C99) #3 at exactly 8 weeks. Visually she looks like she could use another week or more, but when I scoped the trichs she was plenty done to my liking. I guess the C99 passed along some of the quickness on this one, and the other three should only be a week or more behind her.

Smells so strong of rotten or over-ripe tropical fruits and sweet bubblegum. It just makes your mouth water. I ran his Guava Hash x C99 a couple years ago and it is very similar. I think the Guava made bigger buds in general, but this is set to be some primo bud me thinks.

I switched back to 3 gallon fabric pots this round since my soil mix has been getting a little strong. I seem to always get the best ratio of bud to soil using 3 gallons. They just usually run out of steam by the end, but this grow has been great with the hotter soil.

26 Likes

Yes sir…:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:
Nice looking buds and that’s exactlyhow I like my trich’s to look :ok_hand: :yum: :grinning:

3 Likes

The JOTI Afghani was surprisingly ripe at 53 days. Maybe overripe a tad, but I’m wanting a knock out stone here. Smells hashy with ungodly sticky nugs. Nice bud density and decent size. When I scoped the trichs I was surprised to see lots of them had purple stalks.

28 Likes

A quick report on this MendoBreath from Clonify. It seems legit, at least it smokes great, smells great, looks great. Tops are extremely dense and fairly big. The plant would do great trained under a net. Beneath the tops are dense popcorn sized nugs. I’m smoking a few early buds and it still lays you down. It smells so strongly of kushy fuely must. Tastes like it smells. It’s great smooth smoke, just makes you a bit tired after a while. Nighty night.

31 Likes

So glad I picked up a pack of that!

1 Like

I may have to pick a pack up!

1 Like

I cut down another Big Nose Kate today, almost the same as the first. I noticed she still was holding on to her cotelydons. Made me think about life and how we’re still small children under it all. So deep, I know. Very very high as well.

30 Likes

I took down a BOG Sour Bubble #1 of 2 today at 58 days. I had to strip off a pound of leaves to even get to this point of being able to show the structure. My first BOG sample grow and I’ve learned quite a bit for next round.

1. Don’t grow them straight up. Next time I’ll be topping, training, and pulling leaves like mad to spread her open and keep it light.
  2. Veg them big before flip. Since this was a sample I did not give much veg time. There was hardly any stretch at all.

The SB #2 has a better structure with more side branching but effectively the same takeaways from above. It needs another week yet so I stripped off tons of fans to let the lowers fatten up a bit more in that time.

20 Likes

Looks good, though. Have you ever smoked that Sour Bubble? I never have, always been curious about that strain.

4 Likes

I’m really excited to try it. I can’t even quite describe the smell of it. Has me a little baffled.
I have a mystical story that goes along.

[Clears throat]
[Sound of God] THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO…

Nahhhhh. My first experience trading with anyone in this field was over 10 years ago with this local grower who was this legendary hermit type feller. He grew the best bud I ever smoked. He brought some that he called “God’s Vagina” that was cured to perfection and was fresh citrus candy, sour fuel, musty earth, mouth watering all at the same time. He gave me the remaining half pack of seeds the bud was grown from and some flower. Right on the label: BOG Sour Bubble. This grow is using new seed stock though. I was too inexperienced and didn’t store the old gifted one’s correctly.

So I guess I smoked it before. But this dude could cure to perfection. Roasting a bowl would just glow with barely a spark needed to start. I bet anything he grew would be so good. He always said dry as slow as possible without getting mold. I’ve never had the time or patience to hang whole plants and slow…slow…dry. Someday I’ll find the patience and level up.

14 Likes

Nice plant, and awesome story.
Never got to get my hands on any sour bubble closest thing I got is Sour Bubble x Big Kush, that I got from Pedro, and am growing them out right now.
What was your flower time on them?

3 Likes

Yeah I saw that cross in your grow. Looking great. This first Sour Bubble was chopped at 58 days. Pretty darn fast, and you maybe could have taken it before that if there was a rush.

6 Likes