The Bank of Stank

You and me both. These got started late enough that I’ll likely leave them untopped and just see what they do on their own. They already have a bit of stank to them on the stem rub.

That’s pretty cool that you can call NDNGuy a friend. You clearly have been at this for a bit! And I forgot the $ in E$kobar! I’ve never been cool enough to use non-alphabet characters in my name. $chmarm£it has a nice ring to it though. I’ve never been familiar or grown much of his gear, but then @PlantShepherd recently gifted me some F2s he made of esko’s Blue Chem (Chem D x Pure Blueberry) and that just sounds too good not to try.

15 Likes

I’m at 50 days in the flower tent. These Chocolate Rains are looking deeeelicious. I’m hoping they’re ready in just a week or two. My snipping hand is getting twitchy again.

The Death Stomper plants will definitely take longer, with the Orange Goji probably needing at least 10 weeks. I found 1 of 4 Death Stompers that smells almost EXACTLY like I remember Death Star (pictured below). It definitely has a more OG structure and maybe smaller buds than Death Star but shit, I’m really happy with the stank.

Most others have a sweeter grape candy scent to them. And then this one has the weirdest stringy bud structure and candy smell, but also the frostiest by far. Just as excited to try this one as the others.

If the Death Star smelling pheno holds through cure then I’ll probably pop the remaining pack and do some digging for similar, or possibly reveg if it’s that true to smell.

35 Likes

It was a flopfest in the flower tent. Yoyo hangers to the rescue! I’ve got two young male Purple Unicorn in there now as well, getting ready to make some pollen.

27 Likes

@stanknugzz77 the YOGxTC appear to be very uniform and vigorous growers. They’re all starting to show preflowers now and looks like I should have 1 girl. The males will be culled. Thanks for the opportunity to run your gear. I was trying to show their structure a little better in this shot. But those saw-tooth monster fans are all in the way. They seem to have the ‘candelabra’ thing going where the lowers all grow up pretty quick to the main shoot.

17 Likes

Much appreciated brother! They are absolutely gorgeous, but I might also be a little bit biased haha. It’s truly my pleasure to create seeds and share them with people that will actually run them. I should have some new hybrids ready in 6-8 weeks. Anyone who has previously run my cultivars that I have sent out, will always have first dibs on my new work. Always feel free to reach out, if you see me speak on anything that you are interested in.

I just took cuttings from all of my Yeti OG x Tropicanna Cookies a few days ago, but they were fairly small cuttings (just trying to fill up my aerocloners). Hopefully they will show roots in a few days and I can start filtering the seed plants into my testing flower room sooner than later. Thank you again for the update! I truly hope that you find something that you enjoy! Positive vibes…

~nugzz

10 Likes

I should have learned my lesson. About 5 weeks ago in my flower tent the plastic piece of my filter strap broke and the filter came crashing down. The strap itself was about 2 years old. I was lucky and it only broke a couple branches from one plant.

This morning I found again, in the veg tent this time, the same failure of a different strap’s plastic piece. About the same exact age as the other strap. This time it was a direct hit and totally destroyed my Purple Unicorn plant. This plant never really liked my soil from the start but it was a girl and I had finally got it growing good again. Oh well, lesson learned. No more cheap ass filter straps. I took clones from it but that’s basically a death sentence coming from me.

17 Likes

The flower tent is looking and smelling pretty ripe. The two yellow Chocolate Rains will be coming down next week at around 9 weeks. The Death Stompers will probably go to 10 weeks but there’s a couple that are ready sooner. My favorite time! I’ll take closeups before i harvest.

24 Likes

Bummer on the PU plant.

6 Likes

Totally. Thankfully I still have that big beautiful PU girl in the top right corner. She was always the star of the two anyway.

7 Likes

What are you going to replace the straps with? I’m terrified of mine dropping on my lights!!

4 Likes

Definitely worth upgrading if yours have those plastic retainers on them. Plastic just gets brittle after all that time under bright lights. Metal chains for me now. I’m done messing around.

9 Likes

Mechanics wire is a good option as well.

6 Likes

Please tell me that you took cuttings or made F2s of the Chocolate Rain. E$kobar’s cultivars have always been worthy of preservation in my experience. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

5 Likes

I attempted to F2 them with the only male out of the 4 beans, but I’m not sure if the pollination took. I don’t see any obvious beans but I did it early in flowering so they may be buried. Fingers crossed that it at least made a dozen. :crossed_fingers:

And don’t forget the @ sign too LOL
E$kob@r

7 Likes

F !! Sorry man, sux

14 Likes

Here’s what I’ve been using & I recommend them :+1:

About 2 meters long, I’d guess the working capacity might be 500Lbs. It is a slippery silky material and shows no sign of ageing (after 4 years). I tie off the loose end as well.

Cheers
G

8 Likes

I banked some serious stank today. Trichs were just where I like them, mostly cloudy with some amber meatballs. I took down Chocolate Rain #1 and Death Stomper #1 at 61 days. The Chocolate Rain was surprisingly skunky when I finally pulled it out. Just covered in trichs. The Death Stomper gave me a little chub because it just reminds me of Death Star so much. Trimming it up was like a sour/skunky bomb went off. Dead easy trim job as well. Very much excited to try it!

Death Stomper - Ice River Genetics

Chocolate Rain - E$kob@r

40 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous plants.

9 Likes

Mmm mmm I love stank. Which plant is which? The purple fade on the first one is just about nutworthy haha. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

8 Likes

Those looked very tasty great job!!

6 Likes