The Bank of Stank

How did I miss this report! That mendo breath is beautiful! Glad to hear it’s potent and your pleased. After you dry it, leave a bud out on the table or just couple buds in a larger container, let it “over dry” a bit and loose the strong dank. Tell me if it comes out smelling and tasting like a vanilla/caramel latte!

4 Likes

I have done it by accident and it definitelty takes on a nutty flavor like I’ve seen described. I did smell a bit of vanilla as well but no latte. I’m excited to try the 9 week stuff because the 7 week was already a good stone.

But I prefer the dankness of keeping the humidity in the sweet spot.

3 Likes

My buddy that introduced me to it said he only let it go 7-8 weeks, and that stuff was complete knock out! If your early sample was 7wk, watch out!

3 Likes

My man Schmarmy, it always takes me a lot of time to go thru any thread and this one always keeps me glued to it. You have a very impressive line up of photos to sort thru, and your plants are just as impressive.

Just thought I’d stop by and give you props. :v:

5 Likes

Thanks for the kind words, and for following along! Respect.

2 Likes

The last Big Nose Kate comes down. She’s got the smallest buds of the bunch, but she makes up for it by reeking of grape candy. I love how she went totally yellow as a banana. All the Big Nose Kates just slammed through what I assumed was a hot soil mix. Them be some hungry ladies. I honestly have not had a bad run of plants growing from @paintedfire420 C99 male crosses. I sure hope he is well.

21 Likes

Yes his stuff is as legit as it gets

1 Like

What have you grown of his?

Took down my 2nd BOG Sour Bubble at 9 weeks on the nose. Honestly it could have used another week but I’m impatient and I’m sure it will be just grand either way.

I haven’t even smoked any and I’m already hooked on BOG! Next season I’ll be doing Sour Bubble again and LifeSaver me thinks. Maybe some Bogglegum too, I don’t know. I just want another shot to run these as proper bushes. I can already tell they’re going to smoke great.

26 Likes

That looks spot on to what I had for bog 15 yrs ago

The cure colors look nice frosty asf

5 Likes

Happy 420 everyone! I celebrated by taking down the Purple Unicorn at exactly 11 weeks. The lowers could have used 12 weeks, but I was just really sick of looking at it. With all the 7 and 8 week strains I had running with it, this seems like the slowest plant in the world in comparison.

Smells exactly as the first one I ran. This one definitely had a better life, but honestly can’t say the bud looks any better than before. Kind of ratty looking leaves by the end of it all.

25 Likes

Such a Beauty :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::star_struck:!!

Happy 420 and happy harvest!

3 Likes

Dude, that’s exactly how my Purple NL2 is, taking foreverrrrrrr to finish. I guess that’s just a Purple Unicorn trait? I thought the NL would make her like a nine week strain, at the most, but I guess not? I’m gonna water her one more time tonight, day 76, and then turn the lights off tomorrow night and let her sit in the dark for a couple days.

:joy::joy::joy: Yeah, this. My PNL2 is not nearly as crystal-y as the other plants, although she is nice and purple. Bordering on “eggplant,” really. But yeah, I’m just like,”Alright, you’re done…” haha.

How’s she smell?

6 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if PU passes on longer flowering times. I think the PU F5 are all around 11-12 week finishers. At least mine and a few others I’ve seen growing them are all like that.

This one smells identical to the one from last round. A weird mix of wet lumber, mothballs, old lady perfume, dark berries. The smell totally transforms after a cure though. Definitely a unique experience.

5 Likes

Hm. I hadn’t heard that. Or maybe I had and I’d forgotten about it. In any event, I’m surprised at how long the PNL2 is taking. But I guess I shouldn’t be, if I’d have done a little research haha…

Gotta love that “old lady perfume” weed haha…

5 Likes

Oh that BOG looks awesome! I can’t wait till I can start my sour boggle!

4 Likes

The new tenants are all settled in. Got a few plants that are more than halfway done already. I kind of like splitting up harvests sometimes. Looking forward to these Bodhi Phone Home (TK x Wookie). Also I think I know why it’s called Sundae Driver, because it’s slow as molasses! Slow to root clones, slow to veg, slow to kick into flowering. She better put on a show or off she goes!

If that Slurricane looks weird, it’s because it’s missing 1/3 of its branches. It’s got the most fragile nodes I’ve ever seen, like they just want to split apart from the main stem. After I lost the one arm moving it around I duct taped all the other main nodes to the stem lol.

19 Likes

Really like the way you have that tent stacked. Nice!!!

2 Likes

I’m pretty tight on space but wanted to add a tent so I can experiment more with clones and mothers. The max footprint I had available was 2’ x 3’ with only 6’ max height. I thought I’d share this fairly cheap way to build a 2-story grow tent.

I started with this 2-in-1 grow tent for $100 (36”x24”x53").

Here is the intended design of the tent.
4fac0a34-9890-4493-bc2b-151be8e4522f.CR0,0,600,600_PT0_SX220_V1_

And with a little re-arranging you can make it split in half horizontally. Surprisingly it all came together without much fuss. The only customization I needed to do was join two open-ended female pieces of tubing. I happened to have a curtain rod that fit the inner diameter perfectly. I cut two 3-inch pieces from the curtain rod and it worked great to join the tent poles at those points.

I then got this 2’ x 3’ metal grate shelf for only $17 + shipping. It fit right over the tent pole corner brackets, like it was made for it.

And lastly this $17 dog crate liner as a water tray. I had to snip out a tiny piece in each corner so it could go around the tent poles. I taped the cut corners up good after that to make sure it sealed well. It can easily hold an inch or more of standing water.

The horizontal split is not evenly spaced, so plan on having a larger and smaller half. You can flip the frame to your desired setup before you add the tent fabric on. I chose to keep the larger half on the bottom for heavier potted mothers, while the smaller upper half is for new clones and such.

Now I’ve got 12sq ft available to play with! I have 110w LEDs hanging in each level with the top light dimmed pretty low. I can’t believe how lucky I was that everything fit together as planned and was so much cheaper than I thought.

21 Likes

Great ingenuity my man!!!

2 Likes