The Bank of Stank

Thanks @HaRdRoC! It’s like riding in a Cadillac now, so much room!

Hey @stanknugzz77, I got 5/5 quick and healthy seedlings just popped up of your Motorbreath #15 x Blowfish cross! I can already hear them whispering to me…“staaaannnkkkk”. Do you have any names lined up? First thing that popped into my head was “Motorboat”.

10 Likes

Much appreciated brother! In regards to naming my hybrids in general, I usually just let the names shake out naturally (like you did with Motorboat haha), so feel free to call it whatever you wish and if it sticks, so be it. I always find it humorous when people breed with a name in mind. Like I want to breed a hybrid named this, so I am going to breed x and y together. It just seems silly to me, but that is just my opinion. I am more so about the progeny of my hybrids, rather than what they are named. I hope that you find something that you enjoy! Positive vibes…

~nugzz

3 Likes

I agree. Although inspiration strikes in mysterious ways… haha!!

Still, Motorboat is a catchy name. Might wanna check and make sure that that name hasn’t been taken yet… I feel like it maybe might’ve been.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s already taken! Secret Seed Society has Motor Boat (Motor Breath #15 x Titty Sprinkles), and since they are using Titty Sprinkles it is much more fitting. You win SSS, fair game. I think I might have to smoke this bud before I get another inspiration. But Blowfish has to be featured somehow, and I can only think of sexual references right now. Hey, how about Hootie & The Blowfish?! Surely that is novel.

I’ve been in so many bands where the name was the most important first decision to be made, and they always ended up with the worst name in the world somehow. Honestly it’s exhausting, having to check and make sure no one else is using the same thing. Who cares. Someone else is ALWAYS using it! You just have to make your product is better so everyone associates it with you first.

6 Likes

Hootie and the Blowfish sucks haha. I would never, ever smoke or even consider smoking a strain named that. I never understood how that band got popular. Their music sucks, their name sucks… I’m thinking serious payola.

Why not Motorfish? That sounds good to me. If I saw that name, I’d be like,”Motorfish? What’s that? I think I wanna blaze it. Or at least stick my nose in that jar.”

Gotta love stanknugz bringing those rare Blowfish genetics around, though. Seriously, when was the last time you saw any Blowfish around? Years ago…

4 Likes

LOLOL yeah Hootie sucks, it’s universal understanding. Motorfish is badass, just like stanknugz.

4 Likes

All is well in the flower room. All three Phone Homes shot up in stretch. Some with like 4" between the nodes. We’ll see how they fill in. The Black Triangles I grew were a lot like this and they had great yields. But with the Wookie dad who knows.

Got this Slurricane that is maybe 2 weeks away from harvest.

And this Lava Cake is turning colors way early. Maybe a deficiency. Not sure and don’t really care. Best of luck to her. All you get is water!!!

19 Likes

Wow, a lot can happen in just 30 days! I started taking in clones and had a plant infected with powdery mildew get past my quarantine defenses. Well it spread to all my tents over the course of just a couple weeks. I decided to scrap my flowering tent at 3-4 weeks in, and my Agent Orange seed run that just started flowering. The only plants I kept were small clones that were easy to manage.

In talking with @JoeCrowe I decided to try spraying sulfur to see if it really could stop the infection. All of these clones I am working with had been infected. I sprayed them with wettable sulfur about 3 times waiting about a week in between each application, dunked them all in sulfur slurry, and even dusted them with sulfur to make sure every inch was covered. I then waited 2 weeks and sprayed them all again for good measure.

And now finally, here I am. I just started flowering today and I’m feeling pretty excited to see if this worked. I sprayed the sulfur off with water because there was so much that they were dusty when I bumped into them. I’ve got Bubba Kush from All Star Clones, Ice Cream Cake (@DGCloud), Platinum Kush Mints (@TheShowMeHomie), Super Lemon Haze and Tampa Crippy (PNW Strain Hunters), Slurricane and Sundae Driver (Clonify).

Coming up in a month I will be flowering MAC1, Purple Punch, and Blowfish x MotorBreath.

Fingers crossed that the PM doesn’t come back. If it does show up again I will trash everything and bring in some seed plants that I’ve been growing at another location (CSI Triangle Kush and Zkittlez S1). I’ve dealt with PM before but never on my cannabis. It’s been a learning experience but I’m staying cool and in hindsight it shouldn’t really hold me back for too long, even in the worst case scenario. Thankfully I’ve got enough bud to smoke for a long time, so it hasn’t been too hard for me to stop like this. The veggie garden outside is getting lots of love and attention because of it lol.

May the new month bring lots of good fortune to all you good OGers!!!

18 Likes

I hope all that did the trick and you rid yourself from the PM problem. Shitty deal to have to start over, I know the pain all too well… best of luck man!!!

4 Likes

Thanks @HaRdRoC! I’m small scale so the pain wasn’t too bad. Canning the seed run did hurt though but I’ll be making more seed soon enough. I just couldn’t believe how fast that stuff spread! Like even day to day I could see noticeable spread. I feel for anyone who is struggling with it long term. But now I feel more capable and “leveled up” in my canna growing experiences. If the sulfur didn’t knock it out then my plan B sure as hell will.

4 Likes

What’s that??? :fire::fire::fire: it to the ground??? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

LOL basically. Just getting rid of all plant material at my place, deep clean, nothing for two weeks, then bring in some seed plants from another location of mine.

3 Likes

Blowfish x Motorbreath? You get that from @stanknugzz77?

Sucks about the PM, but it happens. I guess haha. I pray that I never have to deal with it. Knocking on wood real hard right now…

3 Likes

Yes sir, from stanknuggz. They were small when this all went down so they made the cut for keeping. They are stinky in veg!

If you don’t take in any infected material you should never have to deal with it. It’s not the same strain of PM as on other plants outside. This strain only effects the host of cannabis and hops.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s why I’m super-hard-core about never bringing clones into my grow space. Seeds only. The only thing I’d make an exception for is a legit Sour Diesel.

You’re gonna log that Blowfish cross, right? I’m excited to see it, since stanknugzz never posts any of his shit haha. I’m not faulting him, I get it. Illegal state and all that. I wouldn’t post anything, either.

2 Likes

You better believe I’ll be showcasing his gear. I’m going to let these veg out another month and get real pretty, then I’ll start posting some stuff. He hooked me up with maybe 6 strains and I plan to run one each new round.

3 Likes

Nice! Looking forward to it. I knew there was a reason why I started “watching” your thread… I just couldn’t remember what it was haha.

2 Likes

Yo, that mildew is toast. LOL how’s that for confidence? It never fails to eradicate it in laboratory conditions… Just like your grow. BAM! Things are looking good.

3 Likes

It feels so good to have my happy, healthy cannabis back. No signs of PM at all in the past week. All plants have now been rinsed off of sulfur.

Flower tent #2 will be flipped to 12/12 in about 2 weeks, putting them closer to 1 month apart from Flower tent #1. @stanknugzz77 kind of funny but last run of your seeds I had all males, this time I have all females! Four Motorbreath #15 x Blowfish vegging and happy as clams. I accidentally dropped and killed the 5th seedling. I can tell they are going to be stinky just trimming them up is a pleasure.

Flower tent #1 is in full stretch mode. Just 1 week later and lots of new growth and trimming to the bigger plants.

22 Likes

I am happy to hear that the Motorbreath #15 x Blowfish plants are growing well for you! They sure look healthy. Congratulations on knocking out the PM as well. Pests and diseases suck fucking dick.

I am happy to hear that the plants are stinky as well. Everyone that is running any of the Motorbreath #15 hybrids that I made is reporting the same. That cut of Motorbreath #15 just reeked of fuel/diesel. Based off of the Chem D hybrids that I have ran, I would guess that it would most likely be from the Chem D side of things. I would love to get my hands on a cut of Chem D haha. I wish you well with the rest of the run with them! I appreciate you! Positive vibes…

~nugzz

5 Likes