The Bank of Stank

Looking good! I just got a pack of TK S1. My first experience with CSI Humboldt and fem seeds in general. I also got Bubblegum S1 and Durban Poison S1 from him.

Wasn’t the Lemon Party what got reversed and was the pollen donor for the “fallen soldiers” mystery plants? As noted I am new to CSI and his work so I might be wrong here.

8 Likes

Good eye on the strain! I even listed it in the right order but said the wrong sex, edited to fix. Yes the lemon party was reversed to make those seeds.

I’m sure you’ll enjoy whatever comes from those seeds. I’ve grown a couple CSI fems before to fill some spots and they have always been great. I’m not huge into fems but make an exception for Nspecta.

5 Likes

Here’s an early cut of the Kush Mints clone. At only 8 weeks I’m surprised by how ripe she appears under the scope. I’ll probably cut the whole bush down in a week. This is one of like 8 tops to this very tall plant and will be a great yield. I’m growing it right besides a clone of Platinum Kush Mints. They have very similar smells but the PKM is like a roided-out version of KM. It makes the same kind of dense flowers but the PKM stacks them the whole way up the stalk instead of the pinecones on the regular KM. I don’t think I’ll keep either cut though, even before smoking the KM. Too much to choose from and I don’t have as much interest in these newer strains. I’ve got the Bubba Kush which both of these are made with, and that’s good enough for me.

22 Likes

I do enjoy growing and smoking the MAC. It’s gonna make it to the next round once again.

27 Likes

The Pandoras Box is looking pretty spent at 9 weeks now. The lowers could use more time but I’m not sure it’ll get it. It definitely leans sativa with fluffy buds that are starting to foxtail. It smells like tropical fruit bubblegum and is greasy to the touch. Hopefully it will be a motivating high.

24 Likes

The Triangle Kush S1 has really impressed me at the end. It was equally as stretchy as the Kush Mints and Platinum Kush Mints, and like them it has really packed on some serious buds. I’m a big fan of the pregnant swollen calyx look of these flowers, like pinecones. Smells great of gas, pine, earthiness. Next up is the real deal TK clone.

25 Likes

Absolutely beautiful! I too love big fat calyx hehe.

2 Likes

Bubba Kush definitely makes some of the biggest densest nugs in the garden. At 66 days now this is longer than I took her last round at just 8 weeks. I think it will be worth it.

And this is the last ride for the Platinum Kush Mints. It’s definitely a beast of a plant. This was the shortest plant at start of flower and ended being the tallest at the end. It has been the heaviest yielder probably both runs now as well. It seems like it could just keep flowering and swelling indefinitely. Great rank smell to it but I just like her parentage better (Bubba).

22 Likes

I just started flowering the next round as I continue pummeling through these clones. I’m probably in the middle of my quest here. I’m beginning to see the light. Having lots of fun along the way. My first return to mostly seed grows will be a redo of my recently failed Agent Orange seed run! I’ll be restarting that project in 2022.

The previous clone winners being run again: Crippy, Super Lemon Haze, Bubba Kush, MAC1, and LA Confidential.

The new ones up for their shot: Grape Ape, Ken’s GDP, Death Star, Strawnana, Triangle Kush, Indiana Bubblegum, Trinity, and Gooey. And a couple seed plants of Seed Junky’s Orange Push Pop just for fun which I have not cloned.

Those that have been eliminated: Purple Punch, Ice Cream Cake, Platinum Kush Mints, Kush Mints, Sundae Drive, and Slurricane.

I’m excited to see if Death Star can knock out the Crippy as my stanky-ass favorite. They have an equally strong stink and stone, but only one will survive. It’s been a long while since I’ve had Death Star but I’m thinking she’ll take the cake.

29 Likes

Gonna be fun watching this. I’m pretty stoked you got a Gooey clone in there, excited to see how she does for you. I haven’t smoked that in yeeearrsssss, but I always liked it.

13 Likes

Yes I’m definitely excited too. I know very little about Gooey but heard great things. I gravitate towards the older strains. Trinity too, should be a blast from the past. This is the cut nspecta uses that he’s not sure is really Trinity, but also thinks it is. Lol.

I had to keep them small in the 3x3 because it’s only like 5ft tall, but hopefully I’ll get enough decent bud for a quality judgment.

18 Likes

Last round was my first try using nets. It was lovely not having to tie up all the branches, and growing this many plants crammed together I need the structure of even spacing. But I was lazy about trimming everything under the nets. The result was lots of undeveloped larf and smaller buds on the main stalks. This time I’m keeping it clean. Big girls in the back! (Super Lemon Haze, LA Confidential, and Grape Ape.

I feel like I should probably pull a lot of those big fans too. It makes me nervous stripping them though. I rely on those fans for fuel towards the end of flower.

25 Likes

Yeah, you grow pretty much water-only, don’t you? You didn’t have any issues lollipopping like that your last grow, the first time you used the net? I’ve always (kind of) wanted to do the same thing, but like you, I always get nervous that the plants won’t make it to the end. Always wondered whether or not lollipopping really would direct more “energy” to the top buds.

8 Likes

Yeah water only over here.

Last grow I used two nets. I don’t know why. Everything between net 1 and 2 was total larf, barely saw any light. I was averaging around 1.2oz of decent nugs and almost an ounce of larf, per plant. Soooo much larf haha. Thankfully I was getting decent squish returns with it too. And made great edibles.

This time with only one net I’m stripping them much higher up and just focusing on top colas. Hoping to move towards the more bud, less larf ratio. We shall see what happens.

17 Likes

Yeah, I don’t really mind the larf haha. Use it to roll joints or, like you said, press it. Trimming it sucks, but it doesn’t bother me too much. I wonder, though, if lollipopping would really make the top flowers that much bigger. Like, if you woulda done it last run, would you have ended up with 2.2 ounces of decent nugs instead of 1.2 and an ounce of larf? Just thinking out loud here, no need to answer haha.

5 Likes

I make the lower buds into bubble hash! Only harvest the top 1/3 for hanging buds.

4 Likes

Oooh yes bubble hash. I never made it before. I even have a mini washing machine and bag set all ready, for over two years now! I planned on trying fresh frozen bubble. With winter here I’ll have the low humidity and cold basement to properly dry it. Just seems like such a hassle, the whole process. Squishing is too damn easy and effective.

6 Likes

At two weeks flowering it seems the stretch is pretty much done. Once again the LA Confidential is beasting out over everything else. And it’s the quickest flowering as well, pretty cool. I like the smoke, it’s potent, but my wife thinks she gets headaches from it so it may be culled.

21 Likes

By the way, can you do this kind of thing with salt based nutrients feeding? I always see people talking ppms and different ratios, learning what each plant likes. Is this a unique attribute of water only soil growing that I can have 16 different plants all growing fine without really considering anything? I’m legitimately curious.

8 Likes

Pretty much. With organic growing, everything a plant needs is in the soil already (provided you’re using a good mix). The plant determines what it needs and when and the mycorrhizae delivers it. Basically. In a nutshell haha. With salt-based feeds and whatever, you’re essentially force-feeding the plants and guessing when to give what and how much. Of course, a lot of hydro growers know what they’re doing and can tell when a plant is deficient, what that deficiency is etc etc and if it’s a strain that they’re familiar with and have grown before, it’s easy for them. Expensive, but easy.

I really don’t understand why everybody doesn’t grow organic. I can’t think of anything more simple than “Just water your plants” haha.

10 Likes