The Bank of Stank

At 5 weeks now and the flowers are starting to bulk and get real stinky. What I thought in the beginning was too hot of a soil mix might turn out to be just right. They are all staying nice and green so far.

GG4

The Forbidden Fruit is really impressing me. Looks like she will yield really good, and the purple flowers stink to high heaven of chemically sweet orange, like fruit loops orange. Too smell the bud you get a really sweet marshmallow but then pinch the bud and the orange just takes over.

The Mother of Berries has to be the strongest berry smelling plant I’ve ever grown. It’s greasy and has an overpowering berry stank. This and the Forbidden Fruit are my new favorites to smell.

SR71 Purple Kush is frosty as a mug and has a dank kushy purple smell.

Bubba Kush. Will this be my last run of her? Maybe. Probably not. Can’t seem to say goodbye.

The Durban is stacking nicely and has some interesting pine/licorice smells going on.

The Apple Fritter is looking and smelling the part.

The MAC1 is always a favorite. I’ve had her the longest now out of any clone and I’ve run her ever single time.

Skunk Tangerine is a favorite now among many. Glad to have her grown out bigger this time, her buds are in high demand. I’ve been using a volcano to vape her and it’s the most delicious experience, and the stone is still great! I don’t always get such a good punch on the vape with other strains.

The 3x3

The 4x4

33 Likes

Nahhhhh, keep her around! Bubba’s good weed. I feel like that’ll be one that, if you trash her, a few years from now you’ll be like,”Man… I miss that Bubba…” haha.

It’s weird, because I can’t stand black licorice, I would never willingly eat it, but I love that “Durban anise” smell. I used to get NL5 and Jack from one particular source that also smelled like that, always seemed like that smell meant good weed haha. A buddy of mine gave me a bunch of Jager from a grow in Oregon a few years back, smelled the same way, smoked real nice, too.

Plants look good! Mine are all fucked up, thinking my soil mix is outta whack. I really hope I don’t have to mix up, like, a new 150 gallons haha…

14 Likes

Oh man, that MOB sounds awesome. I never got to try the cuts in had.

4 Likes

What?! NO! Damn. It seems worth sending for a soil test at that volume. I’m surprised you have that much on hand. Granted, I only run 3 gallons, but I’m probably juggling around 70 gallons of soil at the most. 17 flowering plants at once.

Yeah I’m beyond stoked to try it.

10 Likes

Yeah, maybe. The last time I got my soil tested, the salt levels were real high, not sure what that was about. But the place said I could correct it with a flush of three times the amount of water to soil, which woulda been just a shitload of water, hundreds of gallons. So I tossed it and started over.

I added a bunch of biochar to one of my bins before this round, I think that’s the problem. It was supposed to be charged, but I suspect it wasn’t. Or maybe the salt levels have gotten really high again, I dunno. I lost nine seedlings, though, they just shriveled up and died after a couple weeks, never seen anything like it. The ones that remain are looking pretty rough. I’m gonna water them with a compost tea here in the next few days and see if that’ll get them outta their funk. If it doesn’t, I’ll probably just toss the soil and start over. Again haha.

Yeah, I really don’t need that much. But I’m an optimist haha. Planting 20, 25, 30 seeds every round, I’m always like,”I could end up with maybe fifteen or even twenty females! I’m gonna need all that soil!”

I never end up with that many, though haha. Not even close.

9 Likes

That’s what happens when you are a seedaholic!! :thinking::rofl:

10 Likes

i don’t understand why people are not loosing their shit how good forbidden fruit is haha, craziest best flavor, mother of berries sounds good too, smelling the best ever and all

10 Likes

Man i wish the MoB cut i had turned out better… Think it was a bad batch of soil

4 Likes

hey i think i missed it or i can’t find it but, how do these smoke? they look so cool

5 Likes

Holler at me any time. I got you!

6 Likes

It was only a year ago. I should be able to remember that, right?! :thinking:

In all actuality it just wasn’t a very memorable smoke. I only popped a couple seeds and had one girl so not the best odds anyway. The taste was nice, kind of sweet fruit with a hint of sour. The smoke was smooth just nothing to write about. I will definitely explore the rest of them eventually. Now I know to strip all those massive fans and top/train to spread her open.

8 Likes

Dont got the room atm… Such a terrible problem :joy:
Need to go through some of the others i got to widdle it down a bit… Or find more space whichever hits first

4 Likes

I just finished my first use with Farmer Freeman sex testing. I saw @BeagleZ recommend them. It’s maybe $10 per test but so worth it for someone like me who doesn’t have any room and really shouldn’t be popping seeds while juggling over 20 moms.

They send you an envelope and plant marker with a unique ID code for each order. You take a small 1/2" - 1" leaf cut and mail it back to them. They got the results back in 2 days. These plants are still seedlings in little starter containers. This will surely save me soil, space, and time. I expect it to be accurate but we shall see. I wonder if they could detect herms.

Good news is my only Spitting Cobra is a girl, 2 White Nightmare girls, and at least 1 Kali Mist girl. EDIT: The plant “Under Analysis” got updated the next day. Now I have 2 Kali Mist girls.

The ones they identified as male definitely had the boy look to them (bigger internodes, lankier, fast growing).

Pretty cool service!

14 Likes

I used Farmer Freeman once before. I trashed the ones they said were male so I can’t say with certainty they were 100% accurate, but the ones they said were female were definitely female! I just sent another 3 samples to them on Monday.

I think $10 is a fair fee to avoid wasting the cost of soil, lighting, and your own time on males you don’t want.

13 Likes

Glad it worked out for you! Whenever I say anything good about something I get nervous I jinx it or something.
Like taking out of town friends to your favorite restaurant and then it sucks balls lol

10 Likes

hehe, thanks for the reply, do you remember how was the TK cut? it looks fucken great, and what about the TK s1?

you run a lot of cool strains, ok pictures too, i spent hours yesterday looking at your stuff… i’m kidding your pictures are sick! so the skunk tangerine is a huge standout seems like, what other ones are clear standouts smoke wise?

7 Likes

Haha thanks. The TK clone is a real winner. Kind of a pain to grow and clone but definitely worth it in the end. I’ll be keeping her around for a good while. The smoke is a potent kick to the head, and the lemon cleaner Kush smells are great. The TK S1 was a dud in comparison but I can’t complain, it was a single seed from the pack. I much more enjoyed his lemon party fallen soldier that round.

You’re making me nervous asking for standouts. I’ve been trying and mostly failing to get this roster of moms down to less than ten, but they’re all so good. Over a year or now and my stable just keeps growing instead of shrinking lol.

I’ll say this, here is the list of smoke I typically go for: Death Star, TK, Skunk Tangerine, Grape Ape, and Bubba, in no particular order. My final stable will likely include these.

18 Likes

Music to my ears!! :grin:

B1gWrym Chem 91 doesn’t make the top five?

9 Likes

She’s definitely working her way up there. This is my first round of smoke with her, and I like to give a good couple months curing before I make any decisions.

11 Likes

i wish! i do the oposite… i’m like heh, i guess i’ll kill all these moms for no reason, i killed a bad dawg (chem d x apollo) and a bodhi old soul, lime green golfballs of pure lemon, i regret it so much

hell yeah man. the grape ape sounds amazing

i guess i’ll ask for more stuff since i’m at it, haha, you got pictures of some cured nuggets? like the TK? :grin:

12 Likes