The Bank of Stank

Good cause that my plan to send tomorrow a couple cold pack and hope for the best lol. Well he been in business 21 years or something he starting a get together of local grower out at his farm sometime in the near future. BBQ and bullshit like that but I think it be a great place to do some networking. Wasn’t sure if it something you be interested in canal Winchester area

5 Likes

Just got back from a nice vacay and the plants all did perfectly in my absence. I do love those Blumats.

The 3x3 was in the beginning of stretch when I left, now at 16 days. As expected, the GSOG crosses stretched like mad. I thought I gave them enough headroom but they almost were touching the lights when I got back. So thankful for slim LED lights that I can just zip tie to the frame. I had adjustable hangers on them before but now there’s no room.

The other cuts I have going couldn’t keep up, except the Grape Pie who stayed right in step surprisingly. The others required boosters. I don’t normally show the artistry of my height-matching capabilities, but feast your eyes. :see_no_evil:

The 4x4 is still in veg for another week or so. I still need to take cuts on all of them. In an effort to sample all these new cuts, and some old favorites, I’m running a couple 5 gal pots with two different plants in each. Could be a disaster, but I think I’ll at least get a 1oz sample from EVERYTHING. Doing it in the heat of summer, yeah, everything’s fine.

Gooey   -- Skunk Tangerine --  Blueberry (Archive)
 Death Star  --   Tampa Crippy  --   White Rhino
Cherry AK-47 -- GG4|Stardawg Guava -- Gushers|Mendo Breath 

27 Likes

Very very nice my friend :facepunch:t2:, another endorsement for blumats too, I’ve seen a few people praising them lately.

5 Likes

i see alot of ppl grow this way seems to work fine altho its usually same strain. saves pots and makes watering faster i would say.

6 Likes

Yeah I’ve done it a couple times before with different strains. Usually works fine, but one time they all got too crowded and mold got them all. Three in a 7 gal.

7 Likes

A few new contenders last round that I want to document. They’ve been drying for 2-3 weeks and have been in Grove bags for over a week. I’m sure their smells will continue to develop but this is good enough for now.

American Skunk Selections (ASS1) - Bodhi Cut

This stuff stinks for certain. No doubt about that. I’m not getting any skunk spray terps from it, which it’s supposed to have, but it does smell like dead roadkill cooked in the sun. It’s supremely greasy to the touch. Loud, loud, loud. It will fill a room if the nug is left out. The smoke is smooth and tasty, mostly a sweet hashy floral taste with some of the hot garbage mixed in with great effect. But the stone is weak sauce, which I’ve also heard tell. The dankness really makes you think you’re going to get ripped but it leaves you wondering if you if you even smoked. Fun for lightweights. It could have it’s uses. But I have stink stuff that’s also potent, so ASS likely won’t stay around much longer.

Great Southern Trendkill Skunk (AKBB no.6 cut)

This one surprised me big time. She’s not that stinky compared to others like ASS. The dried herb has a unique scent of leather, hash, tea, and something lightly astringent. But overall the smell is still pretty low level. It doesn’t really look all the spectacular. A few nice size hairy colas but I thought I was dealing with some mids here. Then the smoke just knocked me out! It’s potent stuff! Gets me ripped for a solid couple hours. Good mix of heavy stone, mental dumbing down, and tingly senses. I wish ASS could have this stone, that would be a perfect pairing. I think I’ll keep her around a bit longer. See how she develops.

Dante’s Inferno (Black Velvet cut) - Clearwater Genetics

I’m glad the sugary smell came back to the drying buds. It’s like a chalky grape smell that translates well to the taste. I was surprised how well she yielded. The buds are extremely dense and frosty, easily able to compete with the bag appeal of MAC, but not so much in smell or taste. The high is decent; a middle of the road stone that lasts an average time, leaning below-average. Nothing really outstanding about it to put my finger on, but I keep going into the bag over others for reasons unknown, ha! I think I’m going to keep her around for now, see what Swecan is thinking about it. It’s a decent cut, just nothing for me. It’s definitely a washer as it sheds glands like crazy. Probably presses real well. I’m just not that into concentrates these days.

Rainbow Belts 2.0 (Archive cut)
Having had the original Rainbow Belts #20 and now this 2.0 version, I can say that I’m done with Rainbow Belts haha. Aside from the great candy/gas smell and taste, there’s not much really here. It’s pretty weak sauce on the stone, maybe in line with Trop Cherries or slightly weaker. The smell/taste of the parent Zkittlez still kicks its butt, so what’s the point of the cross? I won’t keep her around, but I will enjoy smacking my lips smoking her until the bag is gone.

33 Likes

Nice write ups dude!

Heard the same about the ASS from a few different people, stanky stanky, but the high is weak-sauce.

Cool that the Trendkill surprised you, just another example that bag-appeal and smell don’t really mean that much when it comes to effect.

I came to the same conclusions about the Rainbow Belts/Zkittles - the flavor is pretty cool, especially to new smokers, but the high is fleeting and meh. I’ll be flowering out the Trop Cherries next, it’s good to know what to expect. I let the RB 2.0 go too… let Archive hang on to her… they’re charging $80 a clone for that one… they must be making a killing just selling seeds and clones.

17 Likes

Love your smoke reports!

6 Likes

Aaarrrggghhhh… That blows. I was reading your report and sentence-by-sentence I was thinking,”Yes? Yes?!? Uh huh! Okay!” and then got to that one I quoted and muttered under my breath, out loud,”That fucking sucks…” haha. I wonder what that’s about, with the weak potency and all.

The Great Sothern sounds good, though. And who fucking cares how the weed looks? Haha. If it’s good smoke, it’s good smoke.

17 Likes

the rainbow belts surprised me so many fan boys over it… sucks the ASS is weaksauce had the potential to be a winner

8 Likes

I knew the rainbow belts was mids as soon as I saw what was in it. Its a Zkittlez BX with Cookies as the outcross. Not sure how or why people got caught up in that hype train thinking it’d be potent.

7 Likes

Ha, that’s fresh! Yeah I think that all the time about people slinging clones. They must be making a killing. But after getting to know a few slingers pretty well…they don’t give off a vibe that they’re rolling in cash. I’m more likely to see them trying to move stuff for cheap just to get some cash flow.

I think Bodhi was just trying to nail down the skunk smell, regardless of anything else. But I don’t even get much skunk yet, so …??? Kind of like how Purple Unicorn was going for the ability to turn any progeny purple. Seems to do that, but the PU smoke itself is nothing special. But Bodhi doesn’t smoke much, so he says. I’m sure they hit well if you’re not smoking all the time like SOME OF US!

13 Likes

I was also surprised by the A.S.S report. Was hoping for straight killer especially with that dankness, in my experience the dank usually hits good always, but proven here there’s always an exception like GSC

7 Likes

The 4x4 was flipped just a day or two ago. The net is on and they’ve been spread out good enough. Let the games begin! My first time with 11 different plants at once.

And the 3x3 continued to stretch a bit more past the last update at day 16. The GSOG crosses are all some lanky mofos. I had to continue tying, bending, pinching, whatever I could to slow them down. Now at 32 days I’m sure we’re finally into budset hahaha.

Mango Mintality x GSOG:

Duct Tape x GSOG

The Grape Pie is getting frosty but muted on the smells.

Whereas the Afgooey is supremely frosty and smells like tropical candy. It’s amazing. Gets my mouth watering every time!

29 Likes

lets see how those 11 plants do going to be some fire garunteed

2 Likes

Looking good! What was the stretch like on the Afgooey? Glad to hear it’s got some nice terps to it. My grape pie has been muted in the smell department as well.

9 Likes

The stretch was average, like 2X. Yeah I think this Afgooey is going to be a real treat!

13 Likes

I might be a dummy and missed it but did you ever post your final thoughts on the sr-71 PK? Curious how that one turned out for ya.

7 Likes

also add your thoughts opinions on the apple fritter you grew ? pls n ty

3 Likes

@ramblinrose He did post this but not quite a full smoke report

And @204medismoke I’ll give ya one guess on the Apple Fritter Cookie cross :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
But seriously lol, I found this he said about them:

15 Likes