The Bare Necessities

They are off to a nice start. Hoping it keeps going that way. Be nice to have a run go well for a change :slight_smile: And out of likes for the next 9 hours …oh well maybe some will take an ‘iou’ or I could just :heart: like I see some do.

6 Likes

So I swung them around the clock to run ‘day’ at night…procedure is just give daylight extra that night and then start then on the new night. So it runs the day cycles together and around to the new night schedule. If I do it that way no stress issues. At least that has been my experience :wink:

And I have been doing it that way for a couple years now.

7 Likes

G13HP88

Getting a bit tight…gonna remove the two fellas (middle plant- front and back rows) and flower them out separately and save the pollen. That will allow me to fertilize when I choose, if successful.

22 Likes

:laughing: :vulcan_salute:
You sir are a master of understatement!:+1:

Cheers
G

8 Likes

Yea…I know…been thinking how I wanted to approach this :slight_smile: Still a lot going on here ‘seat of the pants’ :wink: Two males and 8 females seems like open pollenation enough to get diversity for me …even if it wouldn’t apparently qualify for strictly ‘open’…

9 Likes

That is a little better…not much. Allowed temps to drop, getting 70 during dark and 74 in the light. Dropping humidity target and lowered fan’s speed to maintain a lower 60 % RH

Then trimmed the bottoms up to allow some air in there.

Thinking about topping to shape due to time/space constraints and decided to take pics before going any further and show some structure.

And the two males are back in 12/12 and some pollen has dropped already from the pods that showed when doing the id procedure and was collected. Will try to get some pics of them when they flower out so we can see the bud structure.

I trimmed the bottoms of those males last evening and just pinched off the lowers and fans with my fingers. One smells of juicy fruit, the other smells of pepper. :joy:

17 Likes

Where were we? Oh yeah… 2 males …hacked due to some leaf miners and treatment. Which made it easier to keep separate… @ 12/12 a couple weeks already.

And the girls freshly trimmed. Dropping the timer every other day or so and up to 900 ppm last feed for both males and females.

13 Likes

Are you making seeds with the 88g13hp? If so I’d love to get on that list. Love 88g13hp crosses but never ran across it uncrossed. There’s a reason it is the backbone in a lot of good stuff.

5 Likes

Of course there will be seeds. As for how many, that remains to be seen. One way or another I’m sure you will get some if you hang about till they are finished.

I will have to evenly harvest the male flowers to give them equal chance at the girls. I cannot swear to the idea of separating the seeds from the females though.

So there would at least be some bad karma if you were selling them pure you would think. And so that removes the motivation for most. However it does seem a little odd that you say you can’t find them.

9 Likes

Ah. I’m in USA. I only really check great lake and dcse for seeds. Usually overseas n customs n all don’t work out but I’ll definitely hang out to see em I have 88g13hp x sfv og in flower now. Last one was great and stacked nicely.

6 Likes

G13HP88

Feed is at about 970 ppm and 5.8 pH last round. The stretch is real and we have been at 12/12 for at least a week. May have a bit more in them but should be okay since I can raise the light a few inches if need be.

Trimmed the small flowers on the lower branches that will never see light. Left the ends mostly intact for the last 3-4 nodes. A few branches were above the rest and were left intact. I will probably only pollinate heavily a couple branches on each plant. Not really shooting for more than 4-5000 for seeds.

The males are about dried down and done and the pollen is mostly collected and drying. Will hit them a couple times next week I think.

16 Likes

Watching intently if that is cool with you. Really like your cabinet setup. Open pollination must be for the ultra brave. I like what you’re doing with collecting and then controlled pollination. Plants are looking great. About this strain, I do have some seeds that I got through Hazeman and I did give dollars for them. Didn’t know that I shouldn’t have had to. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Covered all but the largest branch on each and gave them dabs of pollen. Did not seem to take for the most part and was some that I had been gathering.

So I went over them again with some that was fresh dropped and there seems to be a better response.

Some group shots.

19 Likes

Looking awesome bro! That cabinet is overgrown :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What week do you usually add your pollen ?

3 Likes

As soon as they have a lot of pistils? But I been going at them twice about 3 days apart and just doing a few buds. Too many seeds easily but not enough for a real seed run. Expecting a lot more seeds this time.

Probably about 18 days first time from the flip

6 Likes

Awesome ok, that makes sense. I still haven’t attempted making seeds heh. I’m thinking in the summer I’m going to give it a try :slight_smile: thank you.

5 Likes

A couple of these are close… one already down and hanging that finished early.

16 Likes

Beans busting loose!

16 Likes

Awesome! Those are some fat prego ladies :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Color? no …but it’s shiny…

Well look at that …the backs of the leaves are encrusted!

16 Likes