The Bare Necessities

When I sexed the G13HP88 they developed small balls at some nodes on the males. Well when I put them in the flowering cabinet the Snow Lotus v1 x Goji QM was still in flower and those small flowers gave enough pollen I have seeds from that mom.

Some things of note- I didn’t notice much until asked but the G13HP88 does not have a lot of smell. It does seem to be getting some in the jar, but it is hard to think RKS is related. (Herijuana otoh :thinking: )

There is a lot of variation among these girls. Some yield well, one yielded very well. A couple were duds as far as yield is concerned…but they were very frosty. Taste tests etc. yet to come.

I may run these seeds again before passing them around due to the males stressed when they were real close to the light and I don’t want to release anything that was made unstable… so will just test them first. Might be late this year or early next, though.

This was the last one down and the best yield by a good margin.

12 Likes

There were 9 seeds in the AO/CaliO package. They all germinated. One is a mutant and a very slow grower. Another crawled out of it;s hole and was replanted but has suffered some because of it, it is much smaller and behind the rest. One had some issue after 1st transplant. Perhaps I managed to break a tap root. It never did go anywhere and I eventually culled it.

About 7 days IIRC

a bit later

Just before 4 inch pots.

6 up potted to 2 gallon pots and in 14/10 lighting for a week or so at least. One has shown female so far. The largest one. The leaves have the most aggressive double serrations I have ever seen.

2 still not up potted and not ready to flower. Mutant to the left the runt on the right.

13 Likes

Had my tolerance break this week. Got a couple new stents and back at it.

Agent Orange x CaliO

Ladies first!

And the fellas

The others are so wierd and or so small I will not be using them at all at present. And they are a bunch of stinkers for sure.

16 Likes

Sometimes the weird ones have the magic. I wouldn’t keep my ssdd f2 keeper based on structure alone, but those flowers :drooling_face:

Regardless, those look great!! And stinky for sure likely means you still got the goods. Lookin forward to flower pics! Are they orange-y yet?

6 Likes

the boys are more new tire/skunk and the girls a bit sweeter…but not really what I’d call orange atm. It all smell good though. After the G13HP88 it is a huge change. They were very low odor plants.

8 Likes

So were the 2020 g13hp. The lanky one was the best smelling. Had something special to it. Smoking it was not as good as its sisters though. Seems like the frost is the way to go for selection to me. Im about to flip the 88’s I have soon. Iam going to attempt to pull out special females to be pollinated by special males from mutiple strains instead of hitting a whole room as usual.

6 Likes

Of the 8 girls 3 were pretty frosty but they were for the most part lower yielding. There was one girl that went for a longer than the others and stretched more as well Certainly there was variety. What I have tasted so far has been quite good. There has been some smell come to them in the jar though.

8 Likes

Yeah I chopped quite a few odd males from all the 88’ seeds. Ended up with three males and 8 females ,well 9 shes taller and not in the same room but i tried to select for the absolute best short bushy phenos and not so much for the taller varieties.
On a different note, I did find a watermelon pheno in the FPOGs, thought you would like to know. Used her for the f4. Its almost odd how it smells and taste, kinda like designer lab weed some billionare would pay for lol.

3 Likes

Nice! I had a couple with color and have a few seeds at least from all of them. I am looking forward to growing out the seeds from a couple of them to see what is there. One is revegged and I will take a few clones this weekend.

3 Likes

Glad you found a mother plant in the seeds. I think I found a good base pheno to play with with but definitely not the “keeper” in my opinion. But that taste is like wow. So looking through the seeds for better plants should be like visiting a candy shop!

3 Likes

Smelling stronger and more like oranges today. Here is a look at the double serrations.

Should be able to take a bit of pollen and pass around from the 3 males if there is any interest?

13 Likes

Now I have been continuing to read some of the methods used to line breed. Initially I considered the best way forward to select one male and one female expressing what you desired. Now I’m favoring keeping more males to keep from being locked in. My last run I took from 2 males.

For the Agent Orange/Cali O I had three and kept them all because each looked good. The two shortest ones are both girls, and I up potted them and took them back into veg hours to get some size.

Of the 3 girls in flower one stretched much less than the other 2. I broke one of the taller ones and taped it back together. She was not held together by much.

Shorty- I stuck a step stool in there so she could get up in the light like the others.

Group pic-

This one stretched the most … I bend her away and she straightens…but always before watering…

17 Likes

Agent Orange x CaliO

Feed is ~ 1000 ppm and has been since 2 weeks before the flip. (not feeding the little ones that much atm)

The two short ones.

The leaf pattern varies on the 3 in flower, as well as height. I have collected pollen from the males and I have several dehydrated centrifuge tubes stored in the freezer. Some lower branches were pollinated on each plant as well.

Big girl

Shorty-

And last but in no way the least-

I have clones from each girl that I am trying to root for at least 10 days now, but no roots yet.

16 Likes

My thought with it is… every crossing is a one-to-one cross. You’re just as “locked in” going Female1 to male1 as you are going female1 to male2. If you use two males and two girls, now you have 4 sets of 1off crosses. All equally “locked” in. But if you use two+ males at the same time, now you don’t have any idea which male gave what to each female. There’s no more variability than if you had labeled them and made the crosses individually, and then tossed all the beans together because :man_shrugging:

The best lines came from careful selection.

Keep beans from every single cross you make in case you need to go back due to a mistake.

Think should be good with that.

Also, yes to pollen please :joy:

8 Likes

I am considering it from the standpoint that the initial crossing here was a f2 female and a f2 male that I loved the characteristics of each and wanted to keep them. In the ones to follow, if I keep pollen from all the males I won’t lose what I was looking for in him and can narrow the desirable traits from the pair in the females.

While true you would need a sorting that matched above. One female continues the line.

:+1: :vulcan_salute:

But that is all thoughts and stuff that I have conflated from the SSDD and now I have confused everyone. :slight_smile:

In this case, Agent Orange x CaliO I tried to collect from all 3. 2 had heavier heads and dropped earlier. They dropped pollen better and so there is some from the 3rd…but as nature would have had it the other 2 predominate.

6 Likes

AO x CaliO In no particular hurry, it would appear, exerting a ladies prerogative?

15 Likes

16 Likes

AOxCaliO
Hung and dried. Have taken them down now and gonna have more seeds than intended.
This first one tastes like the second, had the most frost but the lowest yield.

Second one was the fastest to the finish line and good on all points.

This last was massive! and the smell is on point! Not as strong as the others and I wonder if I should have let it go longer since it was more like a haze? with large fluffy buds.

17 Likes

Discussed this with @lefthandseeds and he pointed out that the males only flipped at the very top where they were almost touching the light. This after they had been in a room 6 feet from a flourescent light for several days and under 24 hour lighting …so not really a wonder they freaked. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

G13HP88 a pic I had to share before I busted it up. Nice stuff and this one has been the most enjoyable so far.

In part for having less seeds :smirk:

16 Likes