The Canadian Contingent (Part 2)

Diamonds is a type of butane extract, sort of like shatter or live resin. Very high THC.

Distillate is another type of extract, that has been cleaned up via distillation. So basically pure THC.

Botanical terpenes are basically just natural flavouring.

Basically they take some mediocre bud they need to get rid of, add a bunch of extracts (super concentrated hash basically, usually made from trim or other mediocre bud they are trying to get rid of) and flavouring and there ya go.

Should definitely get you very high. Kind of like if youā€™ve ever added hash to a joint to ā€œsuperchargeā€ it :grin:

Also Iā€™m sure there are nice ones that are Not made with mediocre product they are trying to cover up with flavour and extra THC.

Iā€™d look for one infused with rosin (an extract made without solvents) and without added terpenes, myself

6 Likes

Thatā€™s a bummer. Finally flowering her out now. Super slow and picky in veg then a surprising amount of stretch. The way she throws new branches of the leaf stem is crazy too.

@SHSC-1 waiting for cuttings to root at the moment and Iā€™ll send you one

@HobbyCraft yeah its a good combo and interesting flavour profile. Iā€™ve only tried a few of the f2rs CSI released and there is some good variance in flavour/structure. The triangle high comes through pretty well on the green phenos. I kept a resinous green pheno which is what was used in golden HP cross.

11 Likes

Thanks Hobby very informative :+1:
Guess Iā€™m gonna need a press :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: soon and do some reading up on @JoeCrowe method of hash.

5 Likes

The secrets are genetically selecting a hash yielding plant, and then making live extract. If you say it fast, itā€™s easy!

5 Likes

What are you missing to make your own, kief?
I know you have a press already.

1 Like

@JoeCrowe any particular cultivars you recommend?

1 Like

The ones Iā€™ve personally scrounged up are gojiOG and Big bud. There are definitely more! You have to get more than 2% return on fresh green buds. 3%+ is good, and Iā€™m talking 90 micron/micrometer only. So per kilo of frozen buds you should get 30 grams of hash anything less than 20 is a total bust.

6 Likes

Oh iā€™m not missing anything @THCeed Iā€™m just liking the idea of sampling different strains hash tax-free :rofl:

Albeit I will eventually want to make a dry-sift tumbler.

3 Likes

Reading about the name was like, I canā€™t tell if this is a real indigenous thing orā€¦ I donā€™t know. I guess Iā€™m gonna assume it is, lol

Not sure if @JoeCrowe can confirm, but Iā€™ve noticed anything mixed with GMO has a great yield. I did a bubble run on a small First Class Funk plant (GMO x Jet Fuel) and I got a crazy amount of 90u return over any other bag.

I got a cut of pure GMO now iā€™m cloning out to make a sea of shimmering green.

8 Likes

:grin: :+1:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s what I was reading, lol

I just know nothing about these things (tribes, etc)

Gmo definitely has good returns and is a good plant to hybridize. Im hitting it with motorbreath 15 x (motorbreath x wedding crasher) pollen right now.

1 Like

Itā€™s hit and miss I found there was a wild variation between the two seedlings from GojiOG. On the other hand, Pamela had recommended venomOG as a good producer, so Iā€™m betting there is a genetic link there.

2 Likes

Some og kushes do wash well @JoeCrowe it just depends on the cut and how you grow it i guess

Tahoe og
Motorbreath 15 also
Etc

1 Like

lol yah saying something like that raises more questions than answers. I mean I slap numbers you should expect, but what does ā€œwash wellā€ mean though? I had someone say that about a 1.6% yield from dry.

1 Like

Thatā€™s fair. I know Tahoe washes well enough for commercial production here, or used to, in canada. I donā€™t know the %s yet.

1 Like

I count the number of trichomes per 250,000 square micrometers in veg on the auxiliary calyx. 40+ is good, but less than 30 is bad.

2 Likes

This winter Iā€™ll be getting back to working on my Precious OG project. It is an F4 isolation from the Old Granpa Scratch Ltd release (100 packsā€¦ I bought 7) by Karma Genetics probably a decade and a half ago. I am anxious to try my first fresh frozen bubble run with these plants next winter when itā€™s nice and cold out.

17 Likes

OMFG canā€™t be said enough on this! Holy bloody hell Batman. Thatā€™s something else :scream:

1 Like

Harly Shart @SHSC-1 that looks like mould itā€™s so densely caked with white!

:exploding_head:

1 Like