The Canadian Contingent (Part 2)

A 6 ton dab press about half that and pretty well built imo.

1 Like

Any recommendations on brands of them that are the best to go with these days ?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been happy with my 4ton dabpress was about $300 at the time and used gift cards for Amazon from work to get it.

Honestly you donā€™t need much as higher pressure you tend to either blow out bags if your using them and or split/rip your parchment especially going faster, better to go slow and build up but still I never crank on mine.

Recommendation though pre presses , I have a simple one I made with wooden dowel and I think a 1.5" PVC coupler with the center ridge filed out and just use a hand clamp to make my pucks if itā€™s trim or loose bud.

Now if needing to do volume thatā€™s different but with a pre press I can go through an oz in a few presses

6 Likes

For my purpose is strictly for my own consumption.
A bit of dabbing, but I would also like to experiment with making edibles out of it as well.

2 Likes

Then take a look at presses with say 3Ɨ5 plates like the 4ton dabpress , like for my needs or say previous I only press either when I have new bud, or every couple months or more as I just batch press my plants to get rid of old bud or reduce what I have in a volume sense and that doesnā€™t take much time at all, like I pressed a good couple grams of rosin from fluff and trim a couple weeks back and thatā€™s gonna be enough for edibles and to smoke probably for most light consumers a month or so

6 Likes

Canā€™t find anything under $500, might have to wait for a 4/20 sale or something.
Im with you @chronix just need something for personal consumption as well. I made some dry ice keif, that was pretty easy.
I wonder if something can be made from Princess auto stuff.

4 Likes

I bought my nug smasher mini used off of Kijiji, it also came with a vac chamber, vac and heat mat .
A little better than half the price of it all new .

4 Likes

dabpressā€™s smaller units are all out of stock in Canada :man_facepalming:

Iā€™ve got kijiji searches saved in hopes of someone giving up and selling cheap :smiley:

3 Likes

Hola Gang

I will be buying one this wk
6T dabpress

Bare

8 Likes

Where u getting it @Barefrog ?

1 Like

I am on the other side of the GTA but I have a press Brother.
And I donā€™t go back to work until the spring, so I have time too.

2 Likes

This is the unit I have. The jack started leaking, after not a lot of use, but It is still working great and I havenā€™t added any oil.

2 Likes

:exploding_head:

DUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDEEEEEEEE!!!

2 Likes

WOW, did that ever hurt.
Hard to win without an exceptional goalie.

2 Likes

likely stock issues id cause of the holidays, personally even though i havent been consuming next to nothing since the kiddo came along, rosin/resin has been my preferred method for years now.

2 Likes

Market place

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/107557515941102/search?query=rosin

1 Like

Also search the words ā€œrosinā€ and ā€œpressā€ separately because of how someone may have worded their ad .

So, itā€™s 2024ā€¦any updates on the mountain of gold stolen from Pearson Airport?..or theyā€™re just hoping everyone forgets about thatā€¦lol

2 Likes

Whut gold ?
Dinā€™t see no gold ā€¦
Look over there !
Bags of milk !!!

4 Likes

If you stole a bunch of milk the feds would definitely get involved.

3 Likes