The Central American landrace and heirloom thread

Many thanks, I do hope you have some good weather coming up.

1 Like

They look similar to lightning bugs dont they? Just different colors. Are you sure it was causing plant damage and not something else Doing it?

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure it was these , they infested my guerrilla crop. You can see right where they were eating. When. I went to crush them they dived under the leaves trying to get away.

2 Likes

What are the odds I walk outside and see this

4 Likes

Iā€™ve seen a similar bug that must be from the same family but colored green and black get into my plants. Iā€™m not surprised about the one you showed , just wanted to make sure you were positive before I started killing them

3 Likes

@AppalachianBiscuits says they have some beneficial traits. They only cause a bit of eaten material, that donā€™t bother me much. They did however, eat my hybrids in the bush last season to where they were goners.

4 Likes

Sheā€™s a real beauty!

4 Likes

Thanks man! Sheā€™s really been a stellar plant this whole run, and if she smokes like I hope she will, Iā€™m stoked to keep working with her. The stability, vigor and production are all top-notch for a breeding Mexican, now if there was a way to support the original collector/breeder and not TLTā€¦ God bless @Pigeonman for making these available to us.

8 Likes

Fuck yeah @ClassicGenetix ! Thanks!

:blush:

6 Likes

Here too. High 30ā€™s maybe last week, warmer this week.
@ClassicGenetix and @Pigeonman nice Jalisco. What week are you at?

Oh so they did you a favor thenā€‹:joy::rofl: kidding of course. It always sucks when that bonus patch doesnā€™t pan out

5 Likes

They were testers, I have 2 going now and they are some of my Shiva Skunk x Forum Cookie and ICC x Mac from my buddies in AK. I just realized the thread ,I will delete this in a bit.

2 Likes

@Hashpants That sucks. Iā€™ve never heard of bugs like that killing a plant. Did they eat them up entirely or did they give them some sort of disease?

2 Likes

They ate all the growth around the tops. I think I discarded the pictures , but imagine only leaf viens and stems. I sprayed them but they didnā€™t recover.

3 Likes

Hmmmm. Thats how my revegging Guadalajara plant looks. Iā€™ve been looking for a caterpillarā€¦
Might have to reconsider

4 Likes

This sounds like Japanese beetles too but they are very noticeable. They feed morning and evening during July (here, whenever peak summer is)

2 Likes

YBD,s Nanan Bouclou x Am/Haze x choc rain.

Doing just dandy at 9/ 10 week in flora.

P J

26 Likes

@GREANDAL

Happy Birthday Corinto 4 weeks todayā€¦

Out in the gardenā€¦.growth is exellent all nipped

P J

[grid]

[/grid]

28 Likes

@ManyManySpliffs

Ye man welcome aboardā€¦and an original OG member.

You be most welcome here, and hopefully you share your knowledge with the guys on here.

Vivar La Vida

P J

5 Likes

Love the Heliconia. Which variety is that? In the States?

2 Likes

I honestly donā€™t know amigo. I think itā€™s a bird of paradise or is that not itā€™s right name

But I will find out next month
I bought it a beautiful finca in Volcan Panama a few years ago. Where they specialize in Heliconias

And what a coincidence you replied ā€¦when itā€™s a open day next month ( weather permittingā€™ weird LOL

And looking at the plant lists ā€¦Hermosa

P J

Editā€¦I just went though the plant list ā€¦amazing plants they grow thereā€¦im definitely tying more Heliconias.

If your into plants guys ā€¦have a look at the listā€¦amazingā€¦a couples life workā€¦

A must if you ever visit the Panamanian highlands

9 Likes