The Central American landrace and heirloom thread

Great strain nice grow!

3 Likes

Thanks @Panamajock

These are the flipside of the seeds I sent you. You grew out Oaxaca x Mulanje and these are Mulanje x Oaxaca. It’d be interesting to compare them. :wink:

Thanks @Either_Ad_9877

11 Likes

Good luck

Get some Raspadura into them…LOL

Hierro = iron. They like that…

P J

6 Likes

Wow that’s a lot of iron! LOL

2 Likes

I think they do it to attract the consumer’s attention, 5mg in 100g is 0.005%. That 28% represents the total “ideal daily intake” for that element. It has 200mg of sodium (0.2gr) In Mexico we know that food as “piloncillo”

4 Likes

Raspadura here in Panama also has a other slang word for it, relating to the intimate part of a women…

They even sing songs about it.

Thanks

P J

6 Likes

Very good :rofl: Im a Spanish guy living in Mexico, and the amount of words with double meanings that are used in Latin America will never fail to make me laugh.

Not central america but almost, Chihuahua CC90

25 Likes

Aye Carumba!! @gmike, your plant looks Wonderful. Looks like it fits the Territory perfectly

6 Likes

Ja ja ja…imagine what it’s like for a Scotsman living here in the highlands of Panama.

The slang words are abundant here …I’ve had to slow down my accent as nobody understood my English ,never mind my beginners Spanish.

It’s all good fun, but can be frustrating when you ask for something and you get that stare ( like there head is saying wat the fuck is he saying…LOL

I’m thinking of visiting Mexico City around November…some descent deals on flights

Fridas Casa Azul …has been on my bucket list
Cuidate

PS.Plant looks beutiful

P J

9 Likes

Its a pretty sativa. I’m really liking it too. You’ll love the super beauty i have going. I only started to notice her a week ago. She’s looking seriously crusty. Thin heavily serrated leaves. Great smell and great vigor.
Wow i have some catching up to do!

7 Likes

Thanks friend ! The plant in the pic is my ccc90 keeper cut, I selected the cut years ago and she never ceases to surprise me, I don’t know what the appropriate term would be, but she adapts very much to the environment, more than any other cannabis plant Ive found in decades. When there is a lot of wind on one side (indoor), the leaves grow on the other, if shes not happy happy in pre-flora, she begins to flowering in 14 days later, if you treat it well, add 10 days of pre-flower. With a lot of light she makes almost pure flower, with a little less she looks like lettuce. Sometimes fasciated, sometimes not…

10 Likes

Thats great to hear your growing a Responsive Strain… says that You are doing everything just a little-bit better each crop lol

Hope it Finishes strong for you

4 Likes

nanan bouclou is that right? Anyways my spear of destiny

20 Likes

I would call it genetic plasticity, my house is “large” and Ive grown her in sealed room, some times with ventilation, other times in full sun, other times in a skylight, even growing several cuttings under the same light, and she behaves differently.

19 Likes

Its Beautiful and Its Amazing…

Kudos Brother !

(i’ll keep that one; genetic plasticity :grinning: :clap:)

4 Likes

Curious about the C99 variability you experienced…What do you find the difference in expression was based on the different lighting environments? What sort of impact did you find in the terpene potential, did it change the terpene profiles significantly? Did you use the same exact soil mix each time?

2 Likes

Thanks @gmike I’ve Never heard of Bitumen being used as a description for a bud fragrance…. How cool is that?
Way Better than Cat Piss, 1000%

4 Likes

I think you mean ccc90 (chihuahua copper canyon 1990) no c99. First, an apology if I don’t express myself correctly, the answer exceeds my “level” of English. Phenotype is the expression of the genotype, and in the case of this ccc90 cutting, the phenotype varies greatly depending on the environment in which it develops, similar to how the same plant behaves indoors or outdoors, under LED or HPS, etc.
Ive not noticed a significant change in terpenes, always has the same profile (soft pine + berries + bitumen) only the intensity varies.
Indoors I grow 100% coco, outdoors coco + 10% amendments, same indoor and outdoor fertilizer

9 Likes

I’m not good at differentiating terpenes and related things. The majority of catpiss phenos ive tried were Neville/Mrnice plants in the '90s/'00s. In my opinion, one or the other is neither better nor worse. Bitumen doesn’t taste like burnt tires just like catpiss doesn’t taste like…Years ago I did hp13 s1and one in 30± was pure bitumen / burned wheel, Im a big fan of the rarest “diesel” phenotypes

5 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! Your english is quite good, I thought you were a native speaker.

In your experience, which approach has more intensity of the terpenes? Also, curious during which season do you grow outdoors as it seems like you are in a very warm area?

5 Likes