The Central American landrace and heirloom thread

I have yet to taste any of the HP13 lineage and the 1/30 Bitumen chase sounds wild… nice one.
I’m chasing Diesel this Summer as well @gmike with Chem Fuego.
Happy Hunting

8 Likes

You guys keep talking about bitumen. Nothing about bitumen sounds good. Of course I guess you could say the same thing about diesel :joy:

:exploding_head:

5 Likes

They should. TLT gives the flowering time after the veg cycle and after sexual maturity is reached. I bet it goes over 20 weeks just looking at it. Very vigorous. Beautiful grow brother.

2 Likes

Gorgeous! CCC Looks potent!
I should have entitled the Thread differently in retropect, but i added in Mexican, Colombian and Caribbean strains in my introduction. Chihuahua Copper Canyon is most welcome :pray:

Boy that was a long time ago now. Almost seems like a different life. I was still wet behind the ears😁.

6 Likes

The spear of Destiny is coming along nicely. Any guesses how much longer she’ll go?

2 Likes

Thanks upstate

I’m in love with them …been a long time since we first wanted them…im so happy these are being grown again…and hopefully more folks will see by my log that they are worth growing and have a go.

Incredible wild growth…ye I think she will be in the 20-24 weeks…similar to the Colombian gold……but the Corinto isn’t growing Columnar like CG …ye enjoying the comparison between the two…like night and day…proves how a big a country Colombia is.

Ye there is a pic of the Colombian gold…totally different from the Corinto.

PJ

9 Likes

I’ve been thinking a lot about the columnar sativas that begin flowering rather early but then keep flowering forever. I haven’t grown Colombian Gold, so I don’t know if that fits that description exactly but it’s definitely Columnar with chunkier buds. What I’m wondering is if these types of sativas are transplanted indicas that “became” sativas. Png gold is another. Borneo is next door to New Guinea and Kalimantan was brought to Colombia…Arabs were in both places gathering spices long ago…
Parke Davis brought in a collector that had Kazakhstan genes…at the time, 1800’s, Bukhara, Uzbekistan, close to Kazakhstan, was a recent hash capital, being supplanted by Xinxiang. In the late 1800’s. I haven’t pinned down exactly which years the guy was collecting but chunky flowers seem oddly out of place in the tropics, no matter which Tropics they are found in. I just wonder if maybe all of these contain some dry region genetics that made the buds chunky? Food for thought.
That would mean there are parallel genepools in Colombia. One consisting of pre 1880s Colombian sativa, and one a very old hybrid heirloom or land race in its own right, consisting of an old blend of some Northern and Colombian genetics, bred for and acclimated to Colombia by Parke Davis and since then by man and climate. I have an old heirloom from this area that I got from a friend that has Tuscarora blood. His father says he remembers his grandmother growing it in the seventies and when he asked her what it is she told him it was medicine and that they had been growing it forever. Cannabis Americana was released in this country in the 1920s and was popular in Appalachia. It’s said that it was a blend of Indian and I believe some sort of kush. Got me to thinking that maybe that’s what my buddy’s family was growing. Germination rates are really low so I have to get into it soon.
Anyway it’s obvious you have the old version of Colombian😁 @Panamajock

7 Likes

@Elchischas Michoacan, Michoacan, @TexasTea Oaxaca, 3 sisters Oaxaca, Guadalajara, Guadalajara close-up of same plant

17 Likes

Guadalajaras.

23 Likes

And there main trade Slaves …was interesting to find that the slave ship that run aground in Talamanica …were Yoruba clan from Nigeria…who settled there and mixed with the local Indians…this goes on all over , ie. The carfuna in .Honduras…Suriname, Guyana etc…it’s all connected.

Indigenous folks are a key as well
As well as slavery

Happy Hunting

Got to bring slavery into the mix
P J

2 Likes

Lovely job you have done on those plants…really nice colour.

P j

1 Like

Not a clue honestly! Lol I think I’m coming up on week 9 I think but it seems like that is a a couple weeks shorter than actual time in flower. @Panamajock said 16-18 wks she is starting to tric up pretty good. The buds are starting to swell again but filling in so not so airy. I’m really excited about these. Oh ya I asked a ways back my Oaxacan outside is throwing single blade leads on top does this mean she is starting to flower? I also dropped 2 A5 haze s1 so hope fems.

5 Likes

I think I had one early about 12 weeks and a 14 weeks , around that time anyway.

The 16 week one was NB x am/ hazex choc rain…I think

But depending on circumstances and climate times can change…but I’m sure they be in that zone.

The Spear of destiny .,is looking nice.

P J

3 Likes

here’s is some close up shots of spear of destiny. She has about 20% orange pistols the other one has more orange atm.

21 Likes

Beautiful plants bro! Great job!

5 Likes

Yeah, single blade leaves means she’s going to flower soon…or revegging. Any reason she’d reveg?

I found a handful. Mostly male hermies. I think 3 of them, and also one female hermie. All hermies decended from my first grows stable purple lady unfortunately. I found some stable #4’ ladies too, though. One of the males i used for the op must have had herm genes in it.

2 Likes

:rofl::sweat_smile::rofl:. Instead of being on the receiving end​:grin:

4 Likes

Neat side by side comparison of Peshawar and Huixtepec. Hard to tell the difference.

21 Likes

Panama Hazes

18 Likes

Ya no reason for reveg. She’s been outside over 6 wks.

4 Likes