The Central American landrace and heirloom thread

My Pearl Stem Oaxacan BX1 ladies are kicking ass! A couple of colas took off earlier this week. It was starting to look less like a bush and more like weed so I adjusted the canopy and they’re a bush again.

31 Likes

That’s a beauty @rasterman

5 Likes

Smashing it

Sterling grow

P J

6 Likes

Very nice looking @rasterman! I see your rabbit blockade appears to have worked really well too :rofl:

6 Likes

Those are looking killer, is that an A5 cross from Ace? Digging the look on them, especially the end two.

6 Likes

How many weeks is that from germination? I just popped some about 2 wks ago.

4 Likes

Months. Those are clones of parents I harvested in April, I think. You’re going to love this strain. But if you want it to earn its space in the tent, you will need a lot of colas. It’s classic doobie weed!

5 Likes

Thanks! :pray:

3 Likes

I have seen the pictures. And the fact that seed companies don’t want it for the long flower time makes it even more wanted by me. I think unless it gets too cold I’m going to let it run outside. I’m at 34 lat and other than some rain or wind not much else to contend with.

4 Likes

I was surprised that the flowering time is relatively short. They haven’t started flowering though and if they don’t within the next couple of weeks I’m going to start feeling nervous about harvest. :joy:

2 Likes

I have my wife to thank for that. :pray: But I’m letting branches grow outside as sacrificial lambs. :sheep::rofl:

3 Likes

No. Those are Panama x OTH from ACE. This one is Panama A5 though, also from them.

12 Likes

And these are Ace Thai x Panama, Pandora Seedbank Panama Cryptic Labs Hueso Cut x Old Timer’s Haze, and Pandora Seedbank Cannabiogen Panama x Old Timer’s Haze.

Group shots

I also have some Panama 1971 courtesy of Upstate but those are too small to present here given that I popped them two months behind. All of these plants are grown on a balcony with limited light so this is as much as I can do for now. In august they will go under the LED though :grin:

19 Likes

My Santa Marta Colombian gold is very columnar as well. Besides topping it she only has 4 small lower branches otherwise just big colas :crossed_fingers:.

7 Likes

Does anyone else near the 35th parallel know when Oaxacan should start stretch?

3 Likes

Another of those weirdo beasties in the garden…

Ughh

P J

17 Likes

It looks like it was cast out of plastic. Saddleback caterpillar - Wikipedia

Edit: Wikipedia says they feed on plants. Are they feeding on your cannabis?

2 Likes

No they seem to like Heliconias…I’ve had them a few times…somebody told me they morph into moths.

Very colorful…ye nature and its ways.

A saddleback caterpillar. Handy to know

You are now our official
entomologist
Th

P J

8 Likes

I’m at 36° lat and mine has just started maybe a week at most.

Here is my Oaxacan string of pearls phenos.

Oaxacan sorry about the crazy wind lol.

Columnar growth smcg

Red skunk 18 @gregog

14 Likes

I think you mean long and that just puts you a couple hundred miles south of me because I’m at 35 long. So we should be able to compare notes. :sunglasses::sunglasses:

Edit: Latitude, not longitude. My bad.

1 Like