The Central American landrace and heirloom thread

Got me a couple females confirmed! My Oaxacan seed was female and one Columbian gold is female. The other cg no signs and the 2 nanan no signs yet. Oaxacan got put outside Monday I think and she loves this hot desert sun, for now :roll_eyes::rofl:.

17 Likes

Put a white cloth over your black bucket to protect the roots from the Sun. Looking good buddy! You’ll find your super smoke.

8 Likes

Corinto run. Sorry not sorry about the photo dump :joy:

34 Likes

I’m only seeing it the way I see it,

It’s a fact red point ( punta Roja) was grown by the Chagres Indians who lived on the Chagres river.

We are free to call it what we want…and hybrid it if we want…I just honestly think it’s been bred to death.

As well to make opinions,I have always respected yours and everyone else.

I apologies if I have mis informed you or anyone on the thread.

It’s just my opinion and the research I have done.

P J

9 Likes

That is scrumptious…

Put up as many fotos you want, might encourage more folks to go on the journey.

You done a sterling job with those seeds…if I can get near to replicating your grow I be happy happy.:blush:

I get those re-potted soon…then start an other four as back up.

Thanks again

P J

8 Likes

I’m re .potting them in 5 g to take through to the flip

Then into forever pots.

Ive soaked some soil in some tea …and heat in a heat mat…re pot weekend.

P J

10 Likes

Oh I have no doubt yours will look a lot better being outdoors in their home climate/altitude and natural feed like you do. My tent was oddly reminiscent of a puppy mill for seed. Literally sagging under the weight of them. Lol

8 Likes

Ye man don’t underestimate yourself…you done a sterling job.

And the learning curve ,must have been real exiting ,every day watching them.

Oh yes they will grow here…they be tested as they be flowering in the rainy season…im sure they will handle it. Ye I’m really stocked having these…I gave a friend who lives in Panama City a few seeds last week when I was there…so hopefully he have a go at growing them.

P J

5 Likes

Everyone doing an amazing job with those historical genetics @Panamajock . Love the colors on that lady @GREANDAL I know some of those genes would do amazing here in Jamaica, with the long season. Maybe one day.
K+ to everyone, I’m out of likes…

8 Likes

A few more not so seedling plants.
Columbian gold

Nanan still haven’t shared their sex with me. Check out the stiple on this one.

24 Likes

Wow Go Get’m @420noob

5 Likes

I was looking through the cabinet yesterday and saw my Red Snake in a repurposed Folger’s can. I haven’t smoked it since I tested it a month or so ago. It’s been in the can really dry - probably at 30% humidity, maybe less.

So a few minutes ago I stuffed a King Palm and just sat here making OG less interesting and smoked it down to the nub like cigarette. That’s about two grams and I am really in the zone right now. I’m having fun just picking words off my selection keyboard. :alien::comet::star::star2:

I guess it’s more of an heirloom than a landrace. But I think “landrace,” so I’m always surprised when I get knocked on my keester.

14 Likes

Oh yes I grew some of @deeez99 and ya it rocked. Actually think it was a red snake x Oaxacan :thinking:. He should know but amazing smoke I wish I would have had enough stash for a good 3 month cure. It was gone with in 6 wks of dry lol.

@deeez99 seeds landed don’t remember if I mentioned.

11 Likes

Your Corintos are crazy looking, looks like a spider in the tent.

8 Likes

:thinking: @deeez99 happens to be the guy who hooked me up with these seeds. This plant does what it wants to, but it makes the best doobie weed.

5 Likes

Your Colombian gold is looking great.

Very columnar…typical of Colombian gold.

N B doing gd too

P J

7 Likes

Thanks! Yes even the one that I topped a while back is very column like as well.

6 Likes

You just ruined me🤣. Looking for Corinto seeds now😁

10 Likes

I love researching how and from where cannabis arrived in countries. It helps me determine the Mother country whose genetics I most love. Your search results for Panama cannabis history are more detailed than what I get, and i love the info. Panama became a country in 1903…imo making any cannabis grown on the isthmus after this date purely Panamanian, similar to how we call weed strains from former Western India “Pakistani” since Pakistan became a country in 1949, regardless of where the strains originated. ( often Afghanistan actually) when the hippies brought cannabis seed to Morocco in the '60s, less than 20 years after the new nation of Pakistan was formed, they told the Berbers it was Pakistani seed… not Indian. Colombian and other famous strains are generally named after the regions they are grown in, or the peoples they are grown by. Corinto, Santa Marta, Llanera…or in this case, the isthmus of Panama, to clarify the region of cultivation. Once you do a deep dive searching info about other landraces, you find out nothing or very little is originally from where it is now found. Its often just one big extended family. Even much Afghan isnt Afghan… but a mix of many nations genetics. History is full of transplanted cannabis strains… and each of them is named after the region or country they are grown in today…or were grown in prior to disappearing.
With all that said, check out a screenshot from old High Times. You can clearly see Columbian red and Panama Red are related…and likely of the same or very similar origin…but with noted differences in effect, flavor, and a slight flowering time difference.

11 Likes

Noob, I am fascinated with that tall spindly Colombian plant of yours…

Nice work on that Stalk !!!

@420noob, may I ask how old it is?

Big Thanks for those Charts @Upstate

5 Likes