The Central American landrace and heirloom thread

Beautiful plants man!

2 Likes

Now I want to pop those seeds!

2 Likes

Nanan, two somewhat different phenos.

Stocky build single cola, showed 18 days ago. Started with 7 fingers about node 5.

Also a strong stem. Has stayed with 5 segment leaves. More wild look to me. Showed 10 days ago.

With some lovely color to the flowers

24 Likes

Yeah, buddy, you got a Silversides. Nice! I hope its a potent one. Not all of them are killer, but it looks like you found one. Frankincense smell to the smoke for the right one. She’ll keep flowering if you let her, but look out for nanners around week 10. Should go 13- 16. I’ve only flowered her from seed till this year though. Seems many Mexican strains are very fast if flowered after a long veg. Enjoy!

14 Likes

I’m confident she’ll handle even a little freezing temps!

She’s starting to look like one of those never ending flowering types. Very nice looking. Are the smells intensifying at all? I’d be snipping a few of the lowers that look more mature to test where it’s at personally.

@Upstate great looking plants! Are these Oaxacans leaning more toward wood/incese or on the fruitier side?

@Arnold similar question, how is the OSS smelling? Looks delicious!

@GREANDAL so glad you posted those! Looks exactly like the one I have going as well. I started to see some pink pistils but wasn’t sure right a way but now they are definitely more developed. This one also has a very sturdy main branch.

Thinking of touching one of the lower buds with some Goroka Highland pollen to reinforce more of the PNG side.

14 Likes

Santa Marta Colombian Gold (Kolbys Organics) repro by @YoBigdaddy

Two females going and they were struggling a bit earlier in the season with the dry heat but really started looking nice once monsoons started. No sign of flowering yet though.

Colombian Gold Legacy Edition (hyp3rids)
This is one of the mother plants I cloned from last season that I’m planning on trying seedless this year.

Three offspring from the above plant. All looking pretty similar to me.

Oaxaca (Cryptic Labs) repro by @Upstate
Found this one female with long slender leaves that remind me of the CG plants shown above.

@TexasTea’s cut :arrow_down:

27 Likes

How is the smoke on the hyp3rids Colombian Gold Legacy Edition? It was sold out when I ordered the Verde Limón but looked very promising.

5 Likes

The different leaf patterns are so cool to observe

3 Likes

hey @holygroveseed I didn’t smoke any of the seeded plants as they were way beyond their prime. I will let you know at the end of this season how she smokes though, and the offspring as well :+1:

Didn’t realize he was all sold out either so if you want I’d be happy to share and swap with you if interested?

These were grown outdoor through August of last year

Then moved indoors to force flowering

Males were moved out to the greenhouse where I collected pollen late October

Ladies were moved back outdoors after being pollinated

I had been hauling them indoors at night during winter so the seed would finish maturing. Even in December you can see below they continued throwing more pistils.

28 Likes

I happen to be running some of their Ropeadope - ACE OF HAZE ‘R&C CUT’ X CGLE MALE -

Ace of Haze = 82 Durban IBL line, originally worked by Ed Rosenthal x Lieu Hahn ‘Big Ho-Chi’ Male

12 Likes

Cryptic Labs Oaxaca, @Upstate repro, 12/12 from seed, 5 weeks

22 Likes

Nope they are fading actually.
Although I did notice the newest pistils have a little browning on the tips and some are curling so :crossed_fingers:I guess. @deeez99 so you think I should clip a few lower buds?

6 Likes

Wow that Colombian Gold Legacy Edition looks like a pure sativa. Very nice. Did you also get the 70s Colombian Gold IBL as a freebee from them? Im getting excited about these. I thought they were heavily polluted.

8 Likes

I didn’t as these CGLE were donated to me by @Upstate for a private group grow.

I did reach out to Hippie Cannabis Genetics though and purchased the original 70’s CG that hyp3rid used in the CGLE cross.

Might be a season or two from now before I get to these though.

25 Likes

Found some pics of the Colombian Gold…spiral buds…nice sativa structure

https://www.reddit.com/r/cannabisbreeding/comments/15hd7ch/1970_colombian_gold_from_hippie_cannabis_genetics/

They had a website going but still find them on facebook and IG

6 Likes

Awesome! These are flowering naturally, correct? Pretty early start. Using the greenhouse later on or bringing it in to finish?
@420noob When most
Of the cola looks like your first photo I would harvest. This might be one of those where you harvest individual buds… these type are tough to judge. Definitely needs more time. Wait for all of the calyxes to swell, And plan on harvesting half of the plant at first… If you can stand cutting that huge cola in half that is😁.

7 Likes

I forgot about sending you those. I keep thinking about them lately. Should be a real longflower.

3 Likes

The 70’s Colombian is unworked. Old seeds were popped and a preservation done by hippie cannabis. These are from the OP. The legacy edition by hypbrid3 is a combo of this old one and an 80’s Colombian ( possibly the ibl you’re thinking of?)

Old Silversides granddaughter

21 Likes

I think they might have worked it to an IBL. I got two packs, the Colombian Gold Legacy Edition, this one came with the 70s Colombian Gold IBL, and the CG Backcross. The Legacy Edition is, as I understand it, a selection of an unworked 1970s with the 1980s.

The BX was discontinued because they deemed the results unstable. I wonder what I can get from those. I also got the Wildcat Freebee.

14 Likes

Nice :+1: those would be some long flowing plants good luck

3 Likes