The Central American landrace and heirloom thread

I agree. With these, waiting doesn’t help yield or potency. Maybe chop just the top off soon @rasterman ?

4 Likes

The 76 or 78 Panama Red. I’ve been treating for pm on the leaves, but it doesn’t seem to effect the bud itself. I’ve been smoking on this Panama and I’m satisfied this is the real deal now. Panama has some awesome flavors to it, and at least one plant is very potent. The two pictured plants are still left standing at week 15+. The others likely would have gone this long if i were willing to sacrifice some bud to botrytis. This one is more resistant than the 71, but 2 of 3 phenos are susceptible. Flowering time is around 18 weeks from seed. I made just a few seeds right at the very end, unfortunately. An earlier heavier pollination was rained off on me and i didn’t have enough pollen left for a repeat.

The late Panama and a lunchtime visitor. My camera was off or I’d have gotten a picture of him/ her about 4 feet away, next to my Dewalt case. I shared my lunch with it lol.

22 Likes

Woah that bear is close!

2 Likes

Wow! Great encounter!

…“can I pet that dawg!” :wink:

5 Likes

What do you mean by this? If their is something I should be doing different please let me know. Well done @rasterman looks good!
Santa Marta Colombian gold just withittle budlets but pistils have a purple color.

Oaxacan string of pearls bx1

Oaxacan from @upstate repro and random Oaxacan pollen from upstate.

Washington Red skunk x ufs 18 =red skunk 18

17 Likes

Hola bro, saludos!

Well “Verde limón” strain its the one that it came from Michoacán state. It was a classic one like 20 years ago on beach areas,and also in my city
Verde limón got many different phenos, some plants can be really tall and lanky and some little more bushy. But all the line got strong lemon smell on all the plants. As you said, really sweet lemon smell. I’m not really surprised about the smell. Destroyer always its pretty dominant on crosses
The curious thing is the lemon dominant smell, probably is also about what kind of genetics got the other strain.

15 Likes

Hell yea @rasterman nice harvest! I’m really surprised at how fast that one developed, none of the ones I have going are even close to being done with two that haven’t even started flowering. Looks like that should get you through the winter…maybe? :smiley:

Looking good here @GREANDAL, has this one started flowering yet?

@Upstate so those last two pics are Tex’s cut (the one’s below your Oaxaca football)? That looks great! I didn’t realize the flowers developed that large on this cut. It’ll be interesting to see how the one here develops in a different environment.

Quite the occupational hazard you have to deal with!

6 Likes

Yes I agree and the next time I grow it I’m definitely going to top it to create more branching like yours. Otherwise it seems like it just wants to grow a single cola for most of us.

6 Likes

1 .Nip at third or fourth node.

1. Then nip the second or third node on those side branches.

Then you will get great growth, also that will open the centre up for air circulation.

The NB x Candyberry I just flipped at 50 days had that treatment and a way I have got used to growing…

I do like the Nanan Baclou…veggies fast.

Ps. Nice little titties growing where the nodes were nipped LOL

Regards

P J

16 Likes

It might get me through October! :crazy_face::crazy_face: But I’ve got two others of these to harvest and so much more!

4 Likes

Just barely! :laughing:

Definitely finishing indoors.

11 Likes

Speaking of getting through the winter,my pot o’ Ox F2 regular #1! Geez @deeez99, check this out…

And there are so many phenos!

But this one has miso hoany!

:yum::drooling_face::pie:

Inside the greenhouse got down to 42°F last two nights. I can fix some of the draftiness, but I might be harvesting two of these earlier than I’d like.

20 Likes

Your plants are looking great! :grinning:

6 Likes

Thank you! :pray: Just hoping I didn’t stunt some week-old auto seedlings. Hoping for hybrid vigor.

3 Likes

Like that Oaxaca!

Hope your plants be well in that greenhouse…sturdy plants

hate that when cold creeps early

5 Likes

It usually shows up early here, with some warm days thrown in for extra confusion. :joy: I think they’ll finish in the greenhouse, but they’ll stop putting on weight by Halloween for sure.

5 Likes

That’s gonna be some sweet smoke

Love that it has variety of phenos…Many Lines to follow

4 Likes

@GREANDAL

Corinto Clone 9-10 weeks from flip.

Budding up nice.

P J

18 Likes

I dig the way you trained that. Well suited to the way that pheno grows. Is just me or are the nodes a little closer?

5 Likes

I think so, it’s a smaller plant than the mother.
Ye I love the side branching on that Pheno.

The nodes I would say are more even and smaller, she is coming on fine .

P J

6 Likes