The Central American landrace and heirloom thread

Funny you mention tight nodes check out nanan stem.

I think your right @Panamajock about opening her up making a big difference. I wish I would have did some lst on one of them.

11 Likes

I did it last winter. It makes for more hermies if growing landrace stock. I did have runts with multiple Malawi plants in a pot(3), but Nigerian stayed mostly uniform with just a couple runts.

6 Likes

@rasterman The Oaxaca are definitely far enough along to handle the cold. Unless its ridiculously cold they will finish. Under cover i can’t see them getting damaged by temps warmer than 28.

That’s what makes landraces so special. I did an open pollination of just 10 Oaxaca plants originally. @deeez99, @Papalag, @Trowertripper and @George made seeds of my op and in turn 3 of them did a full OP.
ALL this variety stems from 4 females. For this reason i don’t buy the whole " takes 2,000 plants to save a landrace" bit. Every new species on Earth starts from just 1 mutation…one plant or animal. I think that as long as that first pack of seeds is open pollinated, with care and cooperation there is plenty of variety saved. More seeds are better of course.
@deeez99 i see the bud size of that pheno you s1-d is getting bigger or gets bigger than what i did if grown well. I’m going to have to revisit that pheno…and the short ones.
@rasterman those plants will be done in just a few weeks unless you got the 20 week pheno. That last plant reminds me of it a bit. Also looks like @GREANDAL 's racy purple stem pheno, in the buds anyway

16 Likes

oaxacan pearl stem pheno bx1 @deeez99

oaxacan from @Upstate tepro and pollen donated by him

santa marta Colombian gold by @yobigdaddy these 3 took about 4 wks longer to start flowering from outside olants. the smcg has some purple pistils and the oaxacan has some pink pisitls

25 Likes

I forgot I even still had any
Oxacana string of pearls

What a nice surprise :sunglasses:

18 Likes

What a Lucky Jar @Papalag
Have some fun with that !!

7 Likes

I got a couple of ounces from that one plant, maybe three. I have no way to weigh it right now, but it’s quite a bit more than I expected. The picture below has very few stems but the floor is a mess and my wife is going to be pissed!

It’s good working weed and I don’t normally smoke when I’m working because I’m in IT. But it’s helping me solve problems! Good stuff. :fire:

I already put some in a baggie for my granddaughter who I’m meeting tonight. I buried it and tried to hide it. That’s not the bottom, it’s part of a baggie. :person_shrugging:

16 Likes

This is my first time growing SOP Oaxacan. I am amazed how fast it flowered and is on the stretch. The biggest female is now almost 24 inches tall and I planted it in July.

21 Likes

@Upstate
It’s amazing the number of phenotypes coming from that cryptic labs Oaxaca f2 and when I crossed it back on a Cambodian hybrid it becomes almost a generic type smell and high in the f1
I’m sure if I pursue the line into f2 and f3 we will get more pheno

14 Likes

When you say cryptic labs Oaxacan you do realize there are two? The regular one and then the Pearl Stem ones. Completely different until you cross them. Both are really nice effects.

6 Likes

I like seeing both phenos (and more) in the same line, but Pearl Stem should be planned for.

5 Likes

Smoke too much and it creates them :rofl::sweat_smile::joy:
Oaxaca Loaves, 2024, curing nicely.

25 Likes

Well not completely different strains, just different phenos selected for the ps line with pearls mostly isolated, and in the regular line there’s both regular and pearl in more equal %. Not enough f-gens have been done to eliminate regular plants entirely from the ps line. Still about 10% short plants.

11 Likes

Now that’s a football worth carrying. :laughing:

6 Likes

@Upstate Could you tell us why you are mentioning ‘short plants’? I have tried to read along but not found a reference to ‘short’ plants. How does ‘short’ effect the plant?

@Grayeyes All the pearls are tall stretchies. The shorties get thicker buds.

6 Likes

Say, does anyone know where I can purchase some Oaxacan (pearly pheno) as you mentioned? I’ve never had the opportunity to grow pearly buds so far even though its one of my favorite bud structures. It seems a bit niche though and hard to find commercially.

7 Likes

There is a coop sign up right now for Oaxacan pearl stem.

9 Likes

Thanks for the reply, I signed up. If anyone knows of any other resources as well please feel free to let me know :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Howdy @Low.Poly, there is actually another Co-Op from @DainIronFoot that’s still open for signups. I’m surprised both of these still have open slots, here’s the other of which I am referring to:

Many blessings and much love

6 Likes