The Central American landrace and heirloom thread

@Ratbastrd Agreed. She’s a beauty!

4 Likes

@Jimdoors - she’s a girl !!!

4 Likes

thanks! yes growing here presents lots of challenges.

3 Likes

I’m too lazy to check my notes, but will name them as I remember them.

Oaxacan BX2

Oaxacan BX1 (I think)

You can see I just about killed the one in the back. I wasn’t home except to sleep until Sunday, and it dried out and had to sacrifice all its leaves to save my precious buds. And it did, because they’re completely unharmed.

27 Likes

I chopped my second Pearl Stem Oaxacan BX1 today! @deeez99 I think I nailed harvest time exactly on this one. I went out to check on them. One has at least a month to go, but on the other one buds were looking (relatively) fat and mature so I went back to the house and got my scope, and she’s cloudy with a chance of snow and has even got a few ambers.

I’ll let you know if it’s too sleepy, but I’ve got good feelings about this. Also really stoked because I thought I’d be waiting awhile and hadn’t been checking it.

I’m getting maple sugar smells from this and I’ve never encountered that before. Shoulda held onto the clone.

20 Likes

Maple sugar :heart_eyes_cat: that would change my life. An autumn special

3 Likes

@rasterman Your plants are looking great. What are you Oaxacas backcrossed to?

5 Likes

That’s @deeez99 Oaxaca bx. He is working offspring of the tall pine pheno from round 1. It’s looking great!
@420noob awesome plant! I love that stem resin! You’re in for a treat!
I don’t know who was asking and I lost my entire reply… So my apologies if this seems out of place.
Basically there is a keeper plant to be found in each of the 4 original oaxaca phenos. So far the tall pine pheno, the Silversides pheno and one of the short phenos( tt cut)have been hunted a bit. There is a 4th short pheno no one has found yet. That one is also worth working.
@rasterman I’m happy for you.The plants finished as expected. About right on time if my memory serves me correctly. Excellent job growing the plants! Great picture showing off that beautiful gold color at the end of flower. I do believe she would have turned that color whether she was well watered or not. Did they end up going thru a frost yet?

10 Likes

Lol. I wouldn’t worry about it being sleepy😁

7 Likes

Thank you! Those were clones of Oaxacans I ran last year. They were in a bunch of different seeds @deeez99 gave me. I’m thinking that too! :fire:

5 Likes

No frosts yet, but my greenhouse has gotten down to 39°F so I think air temps outside must have reached freezing.

5 Likes

We had a hard freeze last night. It looks like I had a Oaxaca plant or two Pop up on their own And I decided to leave them to
See what they can handle.

8 Likes

Last night it got down to 59 degrees and is supposed to get up to 82.

Certainly different weather. Guess I will pop some seeds; just have to figure out what.

5 Likes

37° last night but NO DEW. That’s how dry it is here which is weird.

But it has extended the season a few weeks which I won’t complain about!

Remaining Nanan looking nice

Looks Mexican to me

The ghost…

October tomatoes

20 Likes

Beautiful work @GREANDOL.

It is boggling how Minimal some of these Landrace strains are. Absolutely amazing how something so delicate, can be so hardy…

Kudos to You G
And Thanks for sharing those

6 Likes

Thank you kindly! I dig plants of all kinds. I wish a camera could capture what this really looks like. It will not surprise me if this one handles <32° without a hitch as long as I wrap the pot.

3 Likes

Nice idea about wrapping the pot…

Just a little bit of Love goes a long way… cheers Bro !

3 Likes

What can you tell me about this one? It looks almost like feral Nepalese to me.

Tried to research it a little but as we know seedfinder is a joke now.

It doesn’t look like either the Willy G. or any Casey Jones I’ve been able to find. Maybe this is an outlier.

3 Likes

My RopeaDope Columbian dominant was very hungry in late flowering so might want to keep an eye out.

4 Likes

@GREANDAL

Amazing plants…

Corinto Clone approx 13 weeks since the flip…( I think )
She is putting out some bud now ? With all this humidity…and the mother plant kinda struggling to finish flowering.

Happily we got sun today, hopefully it continues.

Ye this Corinto is definitely a very independent strain.

Ye this Grow has thrown up some surprises…great experience…

P J

Ooops spoke to soon the rain returns. Grrrr

22 Likes