The Central American landrace and heirloom thread

Thats interesting. Which Big Sur? Oax and Huix both looking good.
@Panamajock i have a surprise for you

1 Like

This is the line apparently way back from Danbo and Reeferman. Looks like I may do ok as I got all green ones.

Tell me more about your Michoacan. Iā€™ll pop the popcorn.

4 Likes

A group of us just preserved two of them. Iā€™m wondering if it came from @Uprangewilly then? Or is this from old stock?
Will get some Michoacan pics today. I donā€™t know much about them except that itā€™s a good one and itā€™s from El Chiscas. Its a Mexican/ Central American summer here in NY, thats for sure. Huixtepec, Oaxaca, Oax x Huixtepec , Michoacan, Guadalajaraā€¦and @Panamajock Red Cross ā€œPanamaā€ Red from The 70ā€™s. Round 4 Panama grow for me. Letā€™s put this Panama story to restā€¦and end it with a Sativa bang. In my fathers memory, the Real Panama Red unhybridized Sativa( i hope)https://youtu.be/fuKDBPw8wQA?si=UOLW6D8dA6KKcMQF

10 Likes

I just want to thank everyone for putting up with my pictures. If youā€™ve ever seen a dogā€™s face after it shit on the floor, thatā€™s the look I had on my face after pressing the send button. I just couldnā€™t help myself. I will literally burst if I donā€™t do it periodically.

9 Likes

Okā€¦letā€™s do it.!

P J

2 Likes

We all have our traits ā€¦just like the herb.

Iā€™ve got a book for youā€¦itā€™s a great guide.

Once the Panama post gets back to normal .i will get it to you.

Clouds are amazing

P J

5 Likes

Looks like a ā€œhigh pressureā€ day in the sky out your way today Upstate! Got a beautiful day in NH with high pressure too. When we do, I know a low will swoop in later in the week which usually brings rain. Looks like the sky is full of flying machines out your way, and no, its not the feds looking ok?!:slight_smile: I know, I know everytime a plane, helicopter etc. flies over me the thought comes, and my ā€œyoungerā€ buddies laugh at me all the time and tell me I am living in the past, wink!

7 Likes

Looking forward to pictures. Especially the Michoacan. There must be a wide number of them in the hills. Bummer that everyone there is focused on avocado toast.

Hopefully someday I will find the strain I once had. Recently I found a strain I smoked at about 20 yrs old. Never expected it in a batch of ā€œPanama Redā€. But had 3 females and they all were completely different. Glad I seeded lightly each so I had enough to cure then choose.

7 Likes

Red Cross Panama. Not the 74. A different year, same collector. If I recall right itā€™s either a 76 or a 78. Letā€™s bring this one home where it belongs @Panamajock

21 Likes

Starting at the black pot headed towards red solo cup. Old Silversides s1, Huixtepec , Michoacan, Huixtepec x Oaxaca ( still waking up) and Guadalajara, which Iā€™m happy to report looks good, both to my and more importantly @El Chiscas eye.

21 Likes

This will be my first Michoacan and only my fourth Mexican strain Iā€™ve run personally. I canā€™t wait to try this one. How would you describe the properties of your long lost Michoacan love?
Which Panama?

6 Likes

Old silversides = Oaxacan pearl stem?

2 Likes

Old Silversides is her own category :rofl:
Not a pearl, but sort of is. Grown in small pots or flowered from seeds will produce mostly pearls with a tiny Clump at the tip of branches. Growing in larger containers will get you more of these little clumps. This is the first time I have given Old Silversides a decent veg before flowering. Iā€™m going to hold off as long as I can, but will have to start flowering them around the solstice. These were the only Mexican plants I left outside as the temperatures dipped into the 30s, and you can probably notice from the picture it made them a shade of green lighter than the other plants. They recover quickly, so i have hope of getting them big.
Mystic Funk would call OSS a Pearl pheno i think. Any of the plants that have thick resin on the stem I call Silversides Phenos, due to the shiny sheen the plants get in the Sun or in certain lighting. Old Silversides herself has the thickest resin of any Pearl pheno Iā€™ve yet to see.

13 Likes

Its awesome to see you in New Territory. Best Wishes on this grow @Upstate !

So Cool to see this Experience being shared by Youā€¦

Dealing with strange and unique cultivars, while the world watches.
(wheres my foot stool)

5 Likes

@YoBigdaddy ,s Nanan Bouclou x Amnesty Haze x choc rain ( esckobar repro.)

50 days in veg.

They (3 ) are now 7/ 8 weeks in flower.

Stretched more doubleā€¦.and two phenosā€¦

P an

16 Likes

Haha love that.

Your description sounds killer, did you find her in cryptic stock? If so within the pearl stem isolation or the regular Oaxacan?

1 Like

@Upstate Oh and how stabilized is the bud structure in the S1 Seeds, like is it only silverside like plants?

1 Like

I envy your stash jarsā€‹:drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:. There will be lots of them.
@_GreenToAs_T found her 4 years ago in regular Oaxaca seeds from a freebie pack i got purchasing Highland Guerrero via Great Lakes Genetics. Best freebie ever given. :heart:
The true s1 are carbon copy old silversides in some cases. My 3 sisters line was made ftom Silversides progeny using regular males.

4 Likes

How much percent are silverside types in the regular lines?

Totally agree. Lucky punch :smiley:

3 Likes

Thereā€™s quite a few of them in the line stemming from my seeds. I think almost everybody has found at least one, some better than others. I couldnā€™t tell you how common it is in this particular Oaxaca as a whole. I think I would have heard about it if it was real common.

Destiny. I was destined to find it, and Iā€™m very thankful for it

5 Likes