The Convict Seed Exchange

Stupid po lost them. They were delivered before Halloween but showed up today. I appreciate it greatly.

3 Likes

You’re welcome. Spread the love and plant more trees!:vulcan_salute:

5 Likes

Me ol mate convict out west with the @Guitarzan Maui Mango Haze cross is crushing it. Weather seems to be really weird all over Aus though and they started flowering but the days are still getting longer up to the summer solstice, December 22nd. I think they will re-veg, what’s everyone else’s thoughts?

Thank you @Tracker you care package arrived greatly appreciated mate,
They will be shared
Bless🙏🏽

20 Likes

I hope they do something good in the down under

4 Likes

Fog Dog Auto starting to do its thing.

Days are still getting longer and hotter so it’ll be interesting how she finishes up. I think she’s at about day 40

15 Likes

FogDog is some great smoke. Had some autos that were amazing.

2 Likes

Looking forward to more updates,

Where abouts is your mate who’s plants are in flower?

I’ve had that in SEQ and they just finished off poorly,

Not sure but maybe starting too early or coming out of a veg tent with a longer day cycle triggered it? Maybe something else completely.

1 Like

Being in the sub-tropics south east Queensland’s natural light circle will definitely make plants prematurely flower, supplemental lighting is needed. The mates who are having pre-flower issues are in WA and SA which are having really strange weather for this time of year. Days are getting longer but the cloud cover has been intense.

I don’t know what my friends dad is doing with these Blue Cookies but looks like they are re-veging… I need to get confirmation but it looks like he kept the males and let them go after I told him to chop them 🤦🏽

15 Likes

More Fog Dog pics, looking frosty and said to be giving off some loud smells, he’s doing well with her. I couldn’t offer much advice since I’ve never run autos, all I said was don’t train them, give them as much sun as possible and don’t let the tap root hit the bottom of the pot too early :man_shrugging:t4:

24 Likes

Days have been long and sunny out West so you’d think perfect conditions to veg out some plants but 3 out of the 4 MMH x GSC are flowering hard, it’s really strange and I really can’t put my finger on it.

Potential theories are there’s a ruderalis gene/auto trait somewhere in the lineage, the Maui Mango Haze is a 20 week flower variety so these plants will just continue to stack, weird weather stressed them to pre-flower (but this doesn’t explain why they are continuing to flower with 15 plus hours of hot sun), the dry dessert heat with little to no humidity pushed them to flower… I honestly don’t know.

If anyone can tune in I’d like to hear other potential theories, firstly @Guitarzan mate how long is the flowering time on the MMH(uncrossed) cultivar? Calling other outdoor cultivators to the table to chime in @Sunvalley @gramps @Oldtimerunderground @Meesh @GREANDAL @Greasy Anyone think these will re-veg or just keep flowering? Summer solstice is 22nd of December down there so days are still getting longer.

I apologise for the blurry pic they are screen snapped off a video

The 3 flowering

The one not flowering

23 Likes

@FattyRoots I think if they were going to reveg, they would’ve started to already.

I think from now till then there isn’t much increase in daylight, 15-20 mins maybe, tops.
It looks like Geraldton doesn’t get more than 14 hrs daylight at its peak

They should be alright, they look pretty far along in flower already.

4 Likes

Could they be root bound forcing them to flower?

1 Like

I agree mate looks like they are on around week 3 and not slowing down. I feel what ever their normal flower period is they will need an extra 2 to 3 weeks due to the intense heat the flowers are about to go through. This week already got up to 40’c(104f) and it’s going to get hotter and stay hot till March so not ideal for resin production or is it… hopefully the flowers don’t fry. Thanks for the research bro :pray:t4:

They normally harvest around mid April so really strange to see them doing this so early. He may be able to harvest the heads and then get another harvest a few weeks later.

No mate they are in raised beds

3 Likes

Were they started indoors and moved outside?

A couple of those look to me like they might have started revegging some. Some plants can take a long time to switch back and may only do so partially. You start getting more than normal leaves growing out of the buds at first. they might only partially re-veg and then switch back to flower w the decreasing days is my suspicion.

I’ve known people who intentionally triggered reveg early to mid flower to get a longer flower period and in theory bigger yields.

3 Likes

Thanks for chiming in bro, your name slipped my mind when I tagged some heads

No all outdoors, even the seeds

I thought about this too, mainly because the dry heat that’s coming is far from ideal for finishing flowers.

Have you seen what type of results they get? I would of thought it would make the leaf to calyx ratio too leafy. It’s wild to me that one out of the 4 isn’t flowering at all but happy to see it and I’d say it should go about 15ft if his trees last year are anything to go of.

1 Like

Not in person but seen photos of massive colas that were done like that.

I’ve messed w re-vegging plants quite a bit. They don’t all follow the same schedule, roughly yes but definite pheno differences and some plants just seem to not ever really want to re-veg.

2 Likes

If you vegged these for a really long time, eventually they will hit their max life for an annual plant and maximum size and basically force themselves to flower.

3 Likes

Do you mean if they re-veg then allowed to veg again? The season down there is normally September to latest May so normally it’s March when they start to flower.

After @Oldtimerunderground showed the sun graph it got me thinking that with the bottom half of Australia being very seasonal the plants are actually reacting more to the light intensity and change in season than the actual light cycle, otherwise they’d start flowering a month or so after the solstice like in Northern California but they don’t they basically wait for summer to end.

1 Like

If summer solstice is Dec 21. They would flower sometime in January and February.

No, I meant what I said, just veg… if it is really hot or days are really long. Longer than most places, plants may not stall in veg like they do say here in Southern California. Because the sun heat and length of day will make them grow until the plant literally can’t veg anymore because it hit its maximum genetic size in veg. That will trigger the plant to flower also. The plant believes its cycle is complete and pushes forward.

I believe in the future the seeds can be started in that climate much much later outside if you want them to flower closer to fall

2 Likes

You would think so but earliest is first week of March. January and February are scorching hot so plants are still vegging hard.

This I completely understand the problem he is having is with them flowering 3 months early so pushing for a longer veg time unfortunately is out of his control. It looks like they’ll finish in January at this rate which is on average 110f degrees, I can’t imagine mature bugs enjoying that heat unless they are equatorial varieties. At least humidity isn’t an issue so no bud rot scares at least.

1 Like