The Convict Seed Exchange

During my time on OG I’ve been blessed with many packs of seeds from many generous community members and I always greatly appreciate receiving them. Because I live in Central America and there is only private couriers for international mail and that not being an economically viable option everything gets sent to my mum’s address in South Australia where she stores them in her fridge, she’s come a long way since putting me on blast for ripping bongs in my bedroom and growing plants secretly on her roof in the early 90’s haha. I normally visit every 18 months but because of covid I haven’t been back in years. That will change in the new year. Anyway…

Since I’m not trying to hoard seeds I’ve been handing them out to close friends around Aus for this current season. These regions stretch from the East coast of Australia to the West,(approx 4000km) down to the south and on the south east. Climates range anywhere from dry deserts, sub tropical conditions and the “standard 4 seasons” with summers normally being scorching, I’ve tried to select the right seeds for the right regions.

The Australian weed scene has been controlled by the bikies(mostly Hells Angels) since the 80’s and they use a shit ton of PGR’s(plant growth regulators) so most of the weed is full of red hairs and has very little smell or sticky resin glands. The “high” is a very dead head lazy on the couch feeling but not in a good way, this in turn gives cannabis a bad rep and a stigma that seems to be hard to shake down under for some reason.

My friend’s aren’t pro growers but all have good sized backyards. I’m going to try to get them to send photos as much as possible, they are all busy family men so updates may be sporadic and not so regular but the season down there is long so should be a good show.

Ok first up on the West Coast in a beach town called Geraldton. My friend who lives here was my neighbour as a kid and a best mate. His dad actually was the reason I got in to popping seeds. He’s been growing as long as I can remember, people used to use my mum’s ladder to rip the tops off his plants from our backyard. He also shaped surfboards and got me in to surfing so he was almost a father figure to me. His son has a nice garden now out West and last year he really impressed me with his huge outdoor trees.

I gifted him something special

@Guitarzan GSC x Maui Mango Haze

It’s very dry and warm here so PM and mold will not be an issue.

He gave 6 to a mate so I’ll get updates on them too. 12 out of 15 germed so good germ rate. Remember these boys aren’t ganja farmers.

Already in raised beds

Cages are around the babies so these fuckers don’t mess

As we cross the Nullarbor Plain heading east/south east we hit some good mates in South Oz. When I was growing up in SA in the 90’s the area was blessed with lax cannabis laws, 10 plants was the limit that was decriminalised and being busted came with a slap on the wrist, no conviction and a $100 fine. A lot of good quality flower was circulating at the time in Adelaide and the climate is perfect for outdoor cultivation. Real skunk was around plus local Aussie varieties, everyone was trading it was a beautiful time to be young.

My first mate in the south grew some Lavender Frosting and Henchmen F1 last year from @Kcity87

He did pretty good if you ask me. I have some of the flower in mum’s freezer to try next year. He also made her some oil for mum’s medical issues.

This year he’s growing something I really didn’t want to give away but I have 2 packs so I was happy to share, @HolyAngel SSDD F2 BX1.
These are going to be epic

He got 11 out of 15 to germ, good effort.

Off to a good start :raised_hands:t5:

Still in South Australia with a pack of Blue Cookies from @corey these are being grown in 2 locations by a father son team. I’m really close to these good men and the father of my mate recently had a cancer scare so trying to help him grow his own meds at home.

Unfortunately the old boy got males, I told him to pop more seeds and to be honest no idea how they showed so much sexual maturity so early in the season. Must be in a dark spot

I hit these boys with another pack this week again I think from @corey not 100% sure, if I’m wrong please correct me.

Another SA homie potted a few mixed autos and semi autos. @ReikoX

This guy has been around the ganja plant for 30+ years so he knows a thing or 2. His uncle’s hold some iconic cuts, my favourite being a local cultivar Dog Shit. They had a cut called the Horn Gear which was apparently an aphrodisiac but I think they lost it unfortunately. One of the most classic true blue Ausy families I know.

He also recently picked up this killer cross I got from @Tracker so stay tuned for that soon, that pack has been split and handed out to 2 other mates who are brothers. Good to keep it in the family.

Hopefully the Pakistani Kush part of the lineage shines through.

Photo supplied by @Tracker

Other packs that went out this week to friends in Adelaide and will be popped in the next week or 2

@monkeyman blessed me with 2 packs of these so I’d be rude not to share

I grew a lot of Keylime Pie in NorCal so wanted to share these with one guy who got to try the stuffed tennis balls of keylime pie buds that I sent and made it in the mail from California to Adelaide in 2016. He’s got a small grow space so fems are great for him.

Big ups @iamyou_youareme for these, can’t wait to watch them grow.

I should mention I’ll be getting samples from everyone’s grows when I visit next April so that’s what I really look forward to is the smoke report haha.

This week I send out a care package to Melbourne to a good friend who’s a musician so hoping I chose some creative strains for his garden.

Plant photos coming soon

Big thanks to(in order of pics) @Mr.Sparkle @Bobgrows @repins12 @SkunkHunt101

He’s got a few seasons growing under his belt so should go good in his yard

Leaving Melbourne up the East coast in to NSW and heading up to the state of Queensland you have to pass the NE of New South Wales and such areas where the infamous variety Mullumbimby Madness was originally cultivated.

A nick name for weed in Aus is Mull

Entering the South East of Queensland and passing the world class surf region of the Gold Coast you enter the capital Brisbane. The bro here first tried to pop @Slick1 CMFV or Chocolate Orange as I was calling it haha but unfortunately he didn’t have any luck with germination. Him being in the sub tropics I was really looking forward to seeing the Thai lineage shine. Not to worry on to the next and that’s a lovely looking cross from @BigMike55

Lavender Frosting x King Tut, they’ll be hitting dirt this week

The Bloody Monsters are all for me haha

Heading a couple hours north you reach the beautiful Sunshine Coast. This is the last spot I lived before leaving Australia in 2007. It’s an amazing stretch of coastline.

This is the only indoor set up from the Exchange and probably a good idea, the tropics can be tricky with their short outdoor light period.

He’s been treated with Drunken Mac from @DannyTerpintine and a few of @Sebring Undertows that were generously gifted from @George His Dad is battling some health issues so that variety should be a great help.

This is the start of hopefully a great season.

My fellow Aussies @invisible @Cranio @KETAMINE_GRENADE grab a decky and the billy if you feel inclined, there’s also a couple eskys to sit on… one should have a few cold Coopers Pale Ales in it :beers:

92 Likes

great thread @FattyRoots ! will be a pleasure to watch whatever they are able to update.

6 Likes

Awesome tour of Oz! I’m watching this one.

12 Likes

Put this on watch. Hopefully your buddies will give you grow reports occasionally.

5 Likes

Nice one, Overgrowing from coast to coast! :smiley::+1:

6 Likes

Hey I recognize the tape on that Drunken Mac, lol. Nice thread @FattyRoots , really cool.

6 Likes

Very generous work buddy. I am watching with enthusiasm from the comfort of my esky

Might even have some beans to donate to the story

I got some beans from a fellow Aussie on the original OG forums back around 03 or 04. Wallyduck I think he was called.

6 Likes

Yes mate should have definitely mentioned your generosity too, shout out to @DougDawson

4 Likes

If you have any Boags in that esky throw one over mate, good to have ya in the shed

Wallyduck is a legend those seeds probably need preserving, did they come with a name?

1 Like
2 Likes

Sweet job @FattyRoots tagged for the thread. :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :fire: :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Man itbwas so long ago I only remember one of the strains was called duckfoot and some others Neville’s Haze and one named after some kind of shark I think. The authorities stole them when they visited my house:(

3 Likes

Not at all, I loved your post and the fact that you are sharing these out all over your country. You sir truly live up to the OG spirit, my hat’s off to you.

6 Likes

Ah mate I misunderstood, I thought you still had some of the Wally stuff

I am confused. Aren’t you close to AU? Not CA? Aren’t the HA an old US Biker club?

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

Angels are seriously international.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Really? They were US Harley riders. I didn’t know about international. Why did your counrtry ley them in?

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

Yes they are very much so. Haaaa. Why did they let them in. Some it is the attraction to the wild life style. Look at Motor Head the band. Mad Max in the first movie they had motorcycles.

2 Likes

Those guys were a thing here back in the early 60’s, a friend’s older sister babysat next door to the local club house, we would go a visit her and look over the back fence.

They are in deep in Quebec, I used to buy my summer weed from a local affiliate there. They also owned several local businesses, one being an interesting local bar.
I got stories… :+1: :laughing:

Cheers
G

8 Likes

I have known a few. Some where just riders. Some where hard core. Never my friends. The type of work I have done coming up I have encountered some. Didn’t have anything to do with weed. When I was a kid the shot up a restaurant. Killed a few people. They have a bad rap. Don’t ride bikes. Hells Angels Motorcycle Club - Wikipedia.
They use ball peen hammers. That’s what got them in trouble in Las Vegas. I don’t want no part of them. lol

1 Like